RM : Eighth Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

“Well, I heard you talking to someone… Who are you talking with?”
    “It’s… Err.. It’s my friend. On the phone,”
    Namjoon doesn’t want to say that he’s actually talking with Nami just now. He thinks, Nami will feel uncomfortable if their dad knows Nami’s here, since Nami didn’t show up in this house in ages.
    “Oh, well, okay then,”
    “Erm, Dad,”
    Mr. Kim is about to close the door then his son suddenly calls out his name. He opens the door back and meet his eyes with his son’s.
    “Just asking. Did Nami came here? Do you see her somewhere in the house?”
    Mr. Kim looks shocked. His eyes are wide opened. Namjoon feels weird with his dad reaction.
    “Go to sleep. You’re going too much,”
    “You don’t miss Nami, dad?”
    “Of course I do,”
    “I called her tons of time, but she never answered my calls. When I met her at the school, I always talked to her to come here, stay with us. But, she keeps rejecting and giving reasons. And, actually, I j-”
    “What are you talking about? Stop saying nonsense!” Mr. Kim shouts loudly. The huge house is echoed by his voice and make Namjoon startled.
    “I don’t,”
    “Are you serious?”
    “YES, OF COURSE, DAD!”
    Then suddenly, the room is full with silence. Mr. Kim stares deeply in his son’s face, not believing what he just heard.
    “You know why she never answered you? Why she never wanted to come here?”
    Namjoon looks clueless yet eager to know the answer. At the same time, he also feels weird. Yeah, of course. How can dad knows the answer?
    “Because she’s gone, Namjoon. She’s already gone,”
    “What?”
    “She’s gone,”
    “Where?”
    “For god sake, Namjoon! She’s dead!”
    …
    Namjoon wraps his body with his blanket, he sits comfortably on his bed with his legs straighten forward. He stares at his legs, emptily. He doesn’t know how to react and how to accept this. I hate it. I hate today. Today is the worst day in my life. Messed up. ed up.
    “ARRGGHH”
    A white butterfly suddenly appears, flapping its white wings towards Namjoon and rests right in front of him. Namjoon eyes suddenly become teary. The butterfly is what left by her. He couldn’t hold his tears anymore. His tear flows heavily. His blanket is getting wet.
    “Oppa…”
    Namjoon lifts his face, and sees Nami in front of him, with the white butterfly on her shoulder. Nami’s face looks worried and sad at the same time.
    “How could you…”
    “I’m sorry, oppa! I’m seriously… really… sorry,” Nami also bursts into tears.
    “I… I just wanted to be by your side. I don’t want you to be sad. I don’t want you to cry over my death. I want you to live happily. I don’t want you…”
    “... to be like this,”
    Their eyes meet each others. And their tears still dripping out.
    “I have no one else, Nami,”
    Nami climbs on the bed and sits right in front of her brother. Her hand tries to reach Namjoon’s head, but she knows her action just useless. So, she pulls her hand back.
    “I’m… I’m here for you. I’m doing this for you, oppa,”
    A little smile can be seen on Namjoon swollen face. And that makes Nami’s heart relieved.
    “May… Maybe I can’t pat your back like I used to do. Maybe I can’t hug you, wipe your tears off,” Nami inhales before continuing her words.
    “But… I can promise you, oppa. I’ll be there for you. We’ll go through this together. In your ups and downs. We’ll laugh together, and we’ll cry together,”
    Namjoon’s smile widens. He wipes off his tears roughly with his palm.
    “I love you so much, and I know how you hate to be lonely,”
    “I love you too, Nami. You’re the only one that I have,”
    … Even though you’re actually do not breath in this painful world again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Namjoon wakes up with his swollen eyes and chocolate wrappers and cans all over his bed. His eyes are lingering, finding the clock that’s hanging on the wall. “It’s noon, already?” his heart whispers. He gets up from his bed and arranges his steps to the kitchen, but he stops his steps when he is right in front of the door. His brain is replaying what happened last night, and maybe he doesn’t want to go to the kitchen anymore.
    His hand grabs the doorknob and twist it to make the door opens. He saunters down the stairs and to the living room. He then spots his father is watching the television with his white robe on. He takes some steps backward when suddenly his father notices his presence.
    “Namjoon-ah, come here,” his father demands.
    Namjoon walks heavily towards his father and takes a seat on the sofa in front of his father. Mr. Kim’s fingers busy pressing some channels on the TV, searching for something interesting. He turns the TV off since there’s nothing fun to watch.
    “If you got nothing to say, I have some works to do. I’ll leave first,” Namjoon rises from his seat.
    “Works? What are you doing until you woke up this late?” Mr. Kim finally voices out.
    “Just, something…” Namjoon responds slowly.
    “Something? What’s that something?”
    “Something that I like. Something that I love to do. This has nothing to do with you,” Namjoon both eyes sharply stare on his father’s deeply.
    “Wow. Who taught you to speak like this to your own father?”
    “Oh wow. You’re calling yourself a father?”
    Mr. Kim’s eyes are flickered with anger but Namjoon just gives his cynical smile.
    “What do you want to be when you have grown up, Namjoon?” Mr. Kim tries to hide his anger as deep as possible.
    “What makes you suddenly want to know about me?”
    “Is that even wrong? Is it wrong for me to know my son’s ambitions?”
    Namjoon snickers, then chuckles. He takes a deep breath. Then, his eyes come back with a deadly stare.
    “I want to be a rapper,”
    His father bursts into laughters, and somehow that affects nothing to Namjoon, because he does expect his father reaction to be like this.
    “A… A rapper?” Mr. Kim repeats, after laughing badly.
    “Don’t try to be a disgrace and a shame to our family, Namjoon,” Mr. Kim takes his seat back on the sofa and sips his black coffee.
    “Who is the one is such a shame to our family?”
    Mr. Kim stops drinking. His eyes lock onto Namjoon’s. He puts away the cup and faces his son.
    “Everyone’s talking about our family! Everybody is seeing our family as high as the politicians! What are you actually trying to say, young man?” Mr. Kim brags.
    “Our family? Much more like you, actually,” Namjoon disses.
    Mr. Kim eyes flickered with dissatisfaction.
    “Yes, that’s a great achievement you brought into the family,” Namjoon steps closer and closer to his father.
    “But, murdering people and hide the truths seems like things that could be a shame to this ‘big’ family,”
     Mr. Kim tries not to look panicked or shocked, but his eyes couldn’t stare his son no longer. He smiles, and nod weakly. A wide smile is plastered onto Namjoon’s face.
     “Stop playing pretend. I don’t want to be a businessman like you. Or else I’ll bring shame to my own name,” Namjoon starts to walk away.
     “And shame to my own son, too,”
     “NAMJOON!”
     Namjoon swiftly grips his father’s arm. Their eyes make a contact.
     “Just wait,”
     Namjoon walks away, leaving his father alone screaming his name numerously.
     Namjoon opens the door and steps in.
     “You told him?”
     Nami is standing right in front of him with a worried face. The white butterfly stays on her right shoulder, calmly.
     “Told him what?”
     “You shouldn’t told him that he killed me and mom!” Nami whispers angrily. Namjoon weirds by her sudden respond.
     “Wh… Why?”
     Nami wanders back and forth in the room. Then, she stops.
     “Pack your things. Now,”
     Silence suddenly filled up in the room. Namjoon shocks with her sudden order.
     “Huh?”
     “I said pack your things up! We run out of time, oppa,”
     Namjoon nods. He does not know why did he followed her instruction, his hands just suddenly act and stuffs his important things into a bag. Some shirts and a sweater, his wallet and phone, the remainder of the chocolates last night and the most important, his laptop, the place where he puts all of his masterpieces.
      “Then?” Namjoon puts on a cap and make sure his backpack is in a comfortable position on his back.
      “Run, you need to survive,”