JM : Eighth Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

     “I want you to teach my daughter for the upcoming competition,”
     He stares right into the camera emptily. He smirks then chuckles.
     “Why do you have to do all of these?”
     “Shut up,”
     His playful smirk fades away slowly, replacing it with an annoyed expression on his face.
     “I want you to teach my daughter so she could win the competition. That’s it. I’m not demanding too much. That’s all I want,” the woman who is in the tie and blazer walks back and forth with her arms crossed.
     “What’s with this camera right in front of me?”
     “So you would keep your promise,”
     He scoffs in disbelief.
     “You prepared everything for this…” he glares on Yein who is sitting opposite to him.
     “...huh?”
     The eye contact between both of them is getting intense. Truthly, Yein could not see him in the eyes. She is just too ashamed to herself. But, her ego takes over everything.
     “Hey, can’t you hear me? Hello? Am I talking to the camera or what?” the woman slams her palm on the table, making both of them startled.
     “Okay, here,”
     She pulls out a packed envelope, probably there’s piles of notes in there. She pushes it towards him on the table. Jimin lays his eyes on it then to her face with a judging look.
     “What is this?”
     “For you,”
     “I’m sorry,”
     “In that envelope, there’s total of money that a boy in your age could not imagine,” she smiles cynically.
     He sneers with his head shooking gently. He gets up from his seat then grabs the envelope, taking a good and clear observation in it. Then, he shifts his gaze back to the woman.
     “Do you think I’m too thirsty for money?”
     He smacks the envelope as hard as he could on the table. He clenches his jaws hard, trying to hold on his anger.
     “Your daughter is a great dancer. I don’t think she needs my help anymore. She is one of the most hardworking people in the class. She is a truly, great dancer,”
     Yein’s eyes are wide opened, shocked with his sudden words. She tries to hold on her tears.
     “She’ll do great, trust me,”
     “Oh, look, Yein. He said you’re good,” the woman Yein’s hair gently.
     “There’s no need to do this if you want me to back off from the competition. Just freaking tell me, is that even hard to do? There’s no need to do this ridiculous things. Stop using people for your own good and benefits. Bribing me with money? You tried to bribe a sixteen-year-old boy with money?” he chuckles with his head shooking again.
     Somehow, his words manage to get her nerves. She clears , trying to look and remain calm.
     “Stop blabbing. You’re too young and immature. You know nothing, so just shut up,”
     He stares on her with his cold gaze.
     “I prefer to be immature than being matured if people call you as a matured person,” he carries his bag then starts to walk away.
     “This annoying piece of ! Hey! Wait!”
     Jimin turns to his back, rolling his eyes annoyingly.
     “What again? I told you I won’t teach your beloved daughter and I won’t get in the competition. Don’t worry. You have my freaking footage, isn’t it?”
     “I also want you to back off from the performance stage, too,”
     His cynical smile slowly fades away.
     “What… What did you just said?”
     “The performance stage too, I don’t want you to join it,”
     He chuckles lifelessly.
     “I’m sorry, Mrs. but seems like I cannot continue to be respectful towards you,”
     “Just tell me your price. Tell me if you want more,” she hands in the envelope earlier to him. He snatches the envelope from the woman’s hand then smacks it onto the floor, making the envelope tears and the notes scattering all over the room. Yein gasps in shock.
     “No matter what you say, I’m not backing off the performance. Fullstop,”
     “You’re going to regret it, lil’ boy,”
     “Try me. Why should I be scared of a crazy like you?” he steps away from the room, leaving the house in anger and disappointment.
     Yein shook his head. She starts to regret what just happened. She knows everything is wrong, but she just does not have the courage to speak up. She gets up from her seat then chases him back.
     “Yein! YEIN! DON’T YOU DARE….!” the woman screams for her but she just ignores her mother’s call.
     She keeps running and running with her clear tears streaming down heavily by her cheeks. She manages to grab his wrist but he hitches her right away. His blazing but cold gaze is locked on her teary eyes. She could feel that he is totally disappointed, mad and heartbroken of what just happened.
     “Why would you do this to me? I thought we were friends!”
     She could not spit even a word. Her tongue feels numb out of sudden. All she could do is just to choke on her own tears.
     “I’m… I’m sorry,”
     “You can’t trade friendship with money! Friendship is just way too precious, it’s even more precious than money. Do you even know that?”
     “I’m seriously sorry, Jimin-ah,”

     “When I think about it again, it annoys me. How can I trust you after that fight? It was true you’re hiding something from me all along,”
     “I… I…”
     “No wonder you have no friends. You appreciate money more than them,”
     He steps away, leaving Yein alone. She falls on her knees right after he speaks out those words to her. She cries out, as her heart content.