RM : Seventh Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

What… is happening actually?
    Namjoon walks slowly, he looks lethargic. He walks upstairs and then enters his room. He throws himself onto the bed. He still can’t understand what is actually happening. He turn on some music for him to listen and let his mind and heart rest for a while.
    ”Though I see the end, baby don’t let go
    I’m afraid to miss even a scene
    Girl I can’t let go
    I can’t let you go
    Though I see the end, baby don’t let go
    I’m afraid to miss even a scene
    Girl I can’t let go
    The end”

    -Epik High - Spoiler-
    I like them. Their lyrics are just so poetic. Can’t I be as good as them? Hurm… Should I try to write lyrics like them?
    A rapper, huh?
    Well, dad will burst into laughters if he heard this.
    But, it’s not wrong if I give it a try, right?

    Namjoon takes his laptop and press the power button to turn it on. He leans against the bed’s frame and straighten his legs. He places his laptop on his laps and starts to type. He seems so determined and eager. He keeps typing and deleting the words and keep typing. The room is filled with the sounds of keyboards and also the songs he played on.
    He takes a look at the watch that is hanging on the wall all the time. Oh my god, it’s been four hours of him writing. And that makes his fingers in ache. He decided to go downstairs to drink and take some snacks to continue writing. It’s okay, he can stay up today. It’s friday tomorrow.
    He walks downstairs and sees his dad is watching the television. He is too lazy to greet his dad so he just walks straight to the kitchen. He then sees a lady in front of the refrigerator.
    Dad’s. Of course.
    The lady is facing her back so Namjoon couldn’t see her face. She ties her hair into bun. She wears a necklace and an oversized white sweatshirt with denim shorts. Namjoon just pretend like she’s not there and walks beside her, and grab some can of coke and bars of chocolates. The lady is shocked when she sees a hand suddenly appears in front of her.
    She shouts a bit and faces Namjoon. Namjoon is also shocked of her shout. They are now facing each other.
    And that makes Namjoon more shocked.
    The bars of chocolates in his hand drop and touch the floor. Namjoon withdraws some steps. His lips feel numb. His whole body suddenly feels weak, like something just absorbed his energy out of sudden. He’s too weak to stand a little bit longer so he takes a seat on the nearest chair. His eyes are wide opened and he forces a snicker.
    The lady’s eyes are teary. She faces the ceiling, try so hard to not let a single tear to drop. She picks up the scattering chocolate bars and put them on the table, in front of Namjoon.
    “W… Why…?”
    “I know you won’t understand. Because that I don’t want you to pick the wrong choice, make wrong decision,”
    “Ho… How… could you?”
    “I said that because I love you,”
    “Sujin-ah! Where is my beer?” Mr. Kim yells from the living room.
    “I’m… I’m coming, oppa!” Sujin wipes her tears quickly and walks to the living room with two bottles of beer in her hands.
    Namjoon just can’t believe what is happening. He now could process and understand what’s happening, but to accept it? No, he still can’t. And he don’t want to. He pats his chest a few time, his heart is aching so hard. He punches the table, he faces down. He feels so down in the dump. He clenches his teeth, anger and disappointment start to fill in his body and mind. But, he still able to think rationally and control himself of doing fool things.
    Namjoon walks to his room. When he opens the door, he could see…
    Nami is standing in his room.
    “What… What are you doing here?” Namjoon walks inside and closes the door. He puts the drinks and snacks on the table beside his bed. Nami smiles, feels pity to his brother. Nami knew she would have warned him even earlier. But, he already knew it. Too late.
    “You’re okay?”
    “You already knew about this, right?”
    Nami nods reluctantly. He snickers.
    “My first love breaks my heart for the first time,” he snickers, again. He sits on the bed. Nami takes a seat beside him.
    “Love is blind, and it makes you blind,”
    “I should’ve…”
    “Oppa, don’t be sad,”
    Nami seems worried. She wants to pat his brother’s back, comfort him. But, she knows that was just impossible.
    “You know it’s hurt when you see the one you love hurt too, right?” Nami smiles, but Namjoon could see sorrow in her smile.
    “I’m so immature,” Namjoon shook his head slowly.
    “Yes, you are,” Nami smiles and chuckles.
    “But, by this way, you slowly learning life and being matured as well. With the experience you have faced. So, don’t worry. You’re slowly growing up,”
    “Thanks, Nami. Thanks for being by my side,”
    “I love being by your side,”
    Namjoon smiles widely, that sentence almost make him cry. Namjoon spread his arms, trying to hug his sister. But, suddenly his sister quickly gets up and take some steps back.
    “No hugs? Okay, then,” Namjoon pouts.
    Nami smiles, but her smile quickly fades away.
    “How’s Mom?”
    “Mom? Ouh.. Ermm…”
    “Oh, and how you get in here, actually? I thought you were at Mom’s house,”
    “Erm.. I was…”
    Out of the blue, a white butterfly flies in Namjoon’s room through the opened window. The butterfly rests on Nami’s shoulder.
    “Seems like that butterfly really like you, Nami,” Namjoon points out the butterfly on Nami’s shoulder.
    Nami turns her head to see the butterfly. She moves her finger near to the butterfly. The butterfly then flies on her finger.
    “Wow, how did you do that?” Namjoon looks amazed.
    “Well, chemistry,” Nami snickers.
    Suddenly a knock shocks them and they stop talking. Namjoon gets up and open the door.
    “Dad?”
    “Who are you talking to?”
    “Na…”
    When Namjoon turns his back, Nami suddenly gone. The only thing that was left is the white butterfly, on his desk. He tries to find her under the desk, behind the bed and the window. The weird thing is, where did she go in just a split of second?
    “Well, I heard you talking to someone… Who are you talking with?”