JK : Ninth Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

     “She was found dead few metres away from your spot,” Junghyun pulls JK into his embrace.
     “So… So, everything was… was my… my… my fault…” he tries to say those words with him choking on his own tears. Junghyun tighten his hug.
     “No, Jungkook-ah. It’s not your fault. Don’t think that way,” Junghyun his brother’s hair gently.
     “You did nothing wrong… Don’t worry,”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     “Yah! Jungkook-ah! Are you crazy?”
     Daehan slaps JK’s arm numerously. JK who is fixing his wings shifts his gaze to Daehan.
     “What?”
     “Did you hear me? What I just told you? Like seriously freaking few seconds ago?” Daehan walks to in front of JK, trying to block his way from climbing the stairs up.
     JK lays his eyes onto Daehan’s. Daehan’s face is clearly showing a seriously worried face. He does not feel good for JK to proceed in doing the ‘flying’ acting.
     “Bro,” he rests one of his hand on Daehan’s shoulder.
     “Don’t worry. I choose to do this,” Jungkook continues his words.
     Daehan’s eyes start to form tears.
     “Jungkook-ah. There’s nothing in your head, but I have every memories we went through together. I still remember everything! I can’t easily let you go,”
     JK’s lips curve sweetly yet weakly.
     “I remembered everything already, Daehan-ah. Don’t worry,”
     “Then, you’re going to waste everything? Just like that? After you just got your memories back?” his tears roll down on his cheeks.
     “My friend. My annoyingly best friend,” JK’s lips try to form a smile. Both of his hands are tapping Daehan’s shoulders.
     “I’m requesting for you to respect my choice and to give me to choose my own destiny. It’s okay. If I’m lucky, it won’t happen. I won’t die. At least, I’ll get into comma or anything,” JK chuckles.
     “You could still laugh? What even are you?” Daehan wipes his tears away. He hugs his beloved friend tightly before letting it go.
     “Go down safely. That’s an order,” Daehan quickly walks away and leaves him behind.
     “...if I can…” JK whispers with a bitter smile.
     He faces up to the high platform and starts to climb up the stairs. He stands on the platform and he could hear the noisy loud of gibberish probably made by the parents down there. He replays back Daehan’s words back down there.
     …
     Daehan arrives at the hall earlier than everyone else since he and his crew promised to set things up first. He takes a sit and waits for the others to come. Suddenly, his ears catch some voices that he does not know where they come from, giving him chills. He gulps, tries to convince himself that those voices are just his imagination.
     “Just cut the freaking wires!”
     He frowns in confusion. He knows those voices are real. He slowly tip toes and searches where the voices come from.
     “But… But, people will suspect me…”
     “Do you want the money or not? Do you want me to reveal all to the public? Just do what I told you and your problems will vanish! Is that so hard to understand?”
     Daehan peeps at the really small gap of the stage curtains. His eyes widen in shock when he sees Minhee is talking with the technician that is working with them in this play. He gulps and eavesdrops them quietly.
     “But… But… I don’t want to kill people,”
     Minhee clenches her fists and jaws. She groans annoyingly. Her leg stomps hard.
     “He killed my sister! He deserves it!”
     The guy lowered his gaze, does not dare to meet his eyes to her.
     “I thought he was dead. But, guess what? He survived the freaking accident! Don’t think I’m gonna took pity on him just because he’s having amnesia. After what he did to my sister? No ing way,”
     Is she talking about…. Jungkook?
     “Remember. I know everything about you,” she throws a packed white envelope to him. He kneels and picks the envelope then gets up back from the floor.
     “Do it, or you’ll gonna regret it,”
     …
     Am I gonna die today?
    The theatre is ongoing and he is waiting patiently for his part to come. He is actually feeling nervous, afraid, scared, betrayed, regret. His feeling are mixed, but he knows, there’s no point to run away. Plus, what she said was the truth. He has made a mistake which has left scars on her heart. Maybe, he just has to receive his punishment for sins he has done.
     He turns to his back. He could see the man startled a bit to see that JK suddenly gazes on him.
     “I’m sorry if I’ve done wrong to you,”
     The man smiles weakly. He shook his head.
     “You did nothing wrong,”
     “I’m relieved to hear that,” he gives him his last smile then shifts his gaze back to the stage. It’s his part. He takes a sit on the platform and grips on the platform firmly.
     Mom, Dad, Hyung, Daehan, thanks for never giving up on me. Now, I have to do what I have to do.
     Darkness is filling up the hall as the lights been turned off. He inhales then exhales. He closes his eyes then lets go of his grip, letting his luck to determine what his next fortune will be. A beam of spotlight aims on him who is floating in the air with his pair vast of wings on his back. His silhouette is visible right behind him. Suddenly, he could feel the gravity is hitting on him double as much.
     Two of the four wires that are supposedly to connect the vest on his body to the winch  suddenly went disconnected, making the audience gasp in shock and shouts for help. He is now stucked in the middle of the air, few metres from the stage with his body facing up (like the position at the MAMA stage (hehe)).
     He opens his eyes slowly, trying to take a look of what is going on. He tries to turn to see his surroundings. His eyes widen in shock when everything around him seems like frozen, like they are mannequins. Everyone stays in their owns poses with their panic and fear expressions. He blinks in confusion when suddenly couple of falling white feathers caught his eyes. He shifts his gaze back to the ceiling and a figure shocks him.
     “Ah!!!"