V : Third Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

“Eunha-ssi?”

     Eunha turns to her back, shocked seeing Taehyung is standing behind her.
     “You remembered me?”
     Tae narrows his eyes, making a ‘seriously’ look.
     “We met yesterday, of course I remember you,” Tae walks closer to her and takes a seat beside her. They gaze on the beautiful view of sun rising at the vast sea.
     “How do you know this place?”
     Tae turns to her. Her eyes are still on the view.
     “Why?”
     “Not everyone knows this place,” she says again, still without looking at Tae.
     “I followed your graffiti trails,”
     She sneers softly.
     “You like to have a morning walk?” she asks.
     “No, I seldomly wakes up early in the morning. I would have sleep until noon every weekends since I can’t do that in weekdays,”
     “Then, why are you here?”
     “I didn’t sleep. So, I take a stroll, exploring every path, ins and outs in this housing area. Then suddenly, I saw some graffitis on the wall, and I’m pretty sure that it was yours,” he explains clearly.
     “You didn’t sleep? Why?” Eunha frowns in confusion.
     “I can’t, and I don’t know why,”
     Eunha nods in approval. Tae’s eyes then shifted to her. She is wearing a light turquoise camisole with pair of grey three-quarters.
     “Aren’t you feeling cold?”
     She faces him, and then on her outfit. Her hands then and clutches both of her arms crossed.
     “I’m used to it,” she mutters.
     Suddenly, she could feel something soft touching her bare skin.
     “You should wear something long, you know? You could easily get flu or something,” Tae wraps her with his cardigan, leaving only a plain white short sleeves t-shirt on his body.
     Eunha throws her gaze onto the ground. She bites her bottom lip.
     “I told you I’m used to it,”
     “Your welcome,”
     She lets out a sneer. Her fingers run through the grey cardigan, touching the soft fabric with gentle. Her lips curve into a sincere smile. It’s been a while for people treating her good like this. People have always see and treat her like she’s one of the biggest criminals in the country. The neighbourhood never notices her presence. She never has someone to talk to, to share her problems to, to play with and to be friends with. And he’s probably the first.
     He is weird, yet kind.
     “You like it?”
     His sudden voice snaps her back into the reality. She turns to Tae and their gazes meet. She blink numerously.
     “Do you like the cardigan?” he asks again.
     “Oh… Erm… Yes…” she stutters.
     “You can have it, then,”
     She widen her eyes.
     “Wait. What?”
     Tae’s smile gets wider. He feels funny to see her shook face.
     “Wait, no. I do like it, doesn’t mean that you have to give it to me,” she pulls the cardigan off her arms.
     Tae pulls the cardigan on back.
     “It’s okay. I am really giving this to you. You need something long since you always wear sleeveless tops,”
     She gives him a ‘are-you-serious’ look.
     “Don’t worry. I have hundreds of this in my house,”
     “Why are you acting nice to me?”
     Tae could see that her eyes suddenly become teary. Out of sudden, his tongue gets numb and could not spit any words to reply her.
     “I’m… I’m sorry,”
     Her eyes shifted to the view back. She wipes her palm onto her cheeks to brush the dripping tears off. She breathes in and out deeply. Tae gazes her in confusion and suspicious.
     “Do you have something to share?” Tae tilts his head, trying to gets in her view.
     Eunha shooks.
     “Are you sure?”
     Eunha turns to him. She looks cute with her puppy eyes and her pouting lips.
     “Do you really want to hear me out?”
     Tae nods. She sighs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     “Oh, Taehyung-ah? Where did you go?” Mrs. Kim asks her son when she suddenly sees him gets in the house.
     “Having a morning stroll,” he smiles.
     “Wh…” she could not finish her sentence as Tae walks off, leaving her alone in the living room. He climbs upstairs and gets in his room. She just watches her son from there.
     “This kid,”
     Tae throws himself on the bed and locks his gaze on the spinning fan. He moves his palms under his head, making a pillow for him even though there’s a pillow all around him. He lets the sound produced by the spinning fan filling up the silence.
     ……
     “It’s been like, years since someone treated me this good. Public never see me as a normal girl. They thought that I’m wild, reckless and…”
     Tae waits for her next word to come out.
     “...cheap,”
     His eyes get low. He could feel how tough her life is.
     “It’s… kind of shocking when suddenly someone treats you, like this. Like a normal-looking person. Even though the public views me in a whole different ways that I’m actually not,” she tries to hide her face when her eyes started to stream the tears off. She lifts up her feet on the bench and digs in her face between the knees. Both of her fingers clutch her elbows.
     “You… are the second one… to treat me… like a human,”
     She wipes her tears off and lifts her face up again. Her legs are already on the ground back. She runs her fingers through her hair, off her hair from covering her pale face.
     “Can I ask… who is the first?”
     She shifts her eyes to Tae and back to the ground. Her fingers hold a grip on the bench and her legs starting to swing back and forth. She stares on her swinging legs and bites her bottom lip, hesitating.
     “My… My late mom,”