JM : Third Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

That girl is really something.
     Jimin whispers to himself while ambling to his bedroom. He takes off his t-shirt and wraps his bare body with towel.
     “Jihyun-ah! How long do I have to wait for you?” Jimin knocks the door numerously.
     “A decade!” his brother yells from inside the bathroom.
     Jimin sneers.
     “Even girls don’t shower as long as you do,” he disses.
     “I can hear that, hyung!”
     He chuckles.
     “I know!”
     Jimin walks to the living room and throws himself on the sofa. Yein’s face is flashing through his mind. Her dance steps, her face, her voice and everything about her. His lips slowly curve cheekily.
     “What’s with that smile, hyung?”
     Jimin gets up from his lie and his eyes are locked on his half- brother.
     “Ah, my eyes! Go and dress yourself up, Jihyun-ah. You almost burn my eyes,” he teases again.
     “Damn. I’m too hot to handle,”
     Jimin ‘ew’s in disgust and fists into cringe. His brother struts to his room while Jimin ambles his way into the bathroom.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     “I want to join in the performance, too,”
     Jimin turns his face to the voice’s owner. She in her lips and throws her gaze on the floor. Jimin’s eyes shifted to her wrapped ankle.
     “Of course you can. But, you have to make sure your ankle to fully cure,”
     “I think by tomorrow, I can open this bandage already,” she taps on her ankle gently. Jimin nods in approval.
     “Then, why are you here? I told you that you should stop dancing until your leg is fully recovered,”
     “I’m not here to dance, duh,” she rolls her eyes. Jimin narrows his slanting eyes in confusion.
     “Okay, then. As long as you don’t do anything stupid,” Jimin gets up from the floor. He starts to do some stretching by himself.
     “Why do you always come earlier than anyone else?” Yein asks.
     “The same answer if I ask you the same question,” Jimin says without looking at her.
     “Practice more? By your own?”
     Jimin’s eyes meet hers on the mirror’s reflection. He breathes in deeply before exhaling.
     “But, you’re already good. Why should you?”
     Jimin lets out a sneer.
     “My effort makes me good,”
     She amazed by Jimin’s words. She applauds.
     “I’ll take those words,”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     “Teacher,”
     The lady turns her head to face the owner of the voice.
     “Yes, Jimin? Your parents aren’t here yet?”
     “No, they’re not here yet,”
     “What do you want to say to me?”
     Jimin looks hesitated. His eyes are lingering all over the room before meeting the teacher’s eyes back.
     “Can she joins in the performance too?” Jimin points out a girl who is sitting at the edge of the studio alone. The lady takes a look at the girl that he is pointing at.
     “Of course she can. Why do you look so worried?”
     Jimin bites his bottom lips. He gulps in hesitation.
     “She is currently having an injury on her ankle but it’s not that serious. I’m just afraid if she’s not in the list,” Jimin says with his puppy eyes on the girl.
     “She is good! She’s really good. Trust me that you will regret it if you don’t choose her,” he adds.
     The teacher sneers in disbelief. What’s wrong with this kid?

     “I know, Jimin. I know. Don’t worry. She’s on the top of my list, alright?”
     The teacher could see flecks of joy and cheer in his eyes. His eye smile describes his feeling right now.
     “Thank you, teacher!”
     She nods and watches Jimin leaves her and walks to the girl. She takes her stuff and leaves the studio.
     “I’ve talked with our teacher. She said you’re chosen!” Jimin looks very happy.
     Yein lifts her face and catches the sight of Jimin’s cheerful expression. She smiles.
     “Thanks,”
     “No prob. So don’t worry, okay? You’ve confirmed to join in the performance. Just take your time. No matter what, I’ll make sure for you to dance along with me on the stage, that day,” he grins.
     “You always care for other… instead of yourself,”
     Jimin takes a seat beside her.
     “My mom taught me manners,”
     “Every mom taught their children manners, come on,”
     Jimin chuckles.
     “Seems like you’re doing a good job being a son. You listen to your mom well,”
     “Hey, you’re hungry?” Jimin quickly changes the topic when the surrounding suddenly is filled up with awkwardness.
      She sneers and nods simultaneously.
      Jimin hands her an apple that he brought from his home before leaving for dance class. She takes it from his hand and have a bite.
      “Oh… Did I bring only one?” Jimin sighs softly, does not want Yein to hear his words.
      “Just share this with me,”
      Yein hands her bitten apple. Jimin fixes his gaze on the apple and then to her. He lifts up one of his eyebrow with a are-you-sure face.
      “Just take it. It’s yours, anyway,”
      Jimin receives the apple hesitately. He gulps, should he takes a bite too?
      “Yein-ah, your mom is here!” someone hollers from outside.
      “Gotta go. Bye!” she gets up from her seat and strides out from the studio, leaving Jimin alone with the bitten apple.