Hunting

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun shines brightly in an early morning of Korea’s summer sky as Seulgi makes graceful footsteps going to the coffee shop near the university. A smile is plastered on her cute face remembering Min Hyuk’s cute smile to her yesterday. She greets everyone she passes by a good morning even if she doesn’t know them. She reaches the coffee shop and enters happily in a playful mood. She is wearing a white shirt tucked in maroon skater skirt and white sneakers.

She walks near Seung Yeon’s favorite spot on the café but the table is empty. She makes her turn going to the door to exit the shop but she stops at the image of someone familiar. It’s a guy in a white polo sitting prettily drinking his coffee while browsing on his phone with his black shades on. Her heart thumps in uneven speed. It’s so fast that it makes her ran out of her breath even if she’s just standing motionless. She hesitates to make another step thinking that he might notice her. She slowly shifts her body to escape the coffee shop when a sweet voice calls her attention.

“Seulgi-ssi?” Min Hyuk asks from his chair.

“Oh Min Hyuk-ssi. What brings you here this early?” Seulgi acts as if she’s surprised.

“You can join me here. I am waiting for Jong Hyun hyung.” Min Hyuk motions.

“Ah thank you. I was just looking for Seung Yeon unnie. This is her favorite place every morning. But I am surprised not to see her here.” Seulgi explains.

“Would you mind if we can talk over coffee? Do you have a class already?” Min Hyuk starts on his nation’s boyfriend plans.

“I don’t mind at all. My class will start in an hour. But why are you waiting here?” she shyly responds making her way on his table. Her face is flaming hot right now.   

“We don’t have appointment with President Park but my hyung still wants to go back here. I am so lucky to see you here this early. Though we only met yesterday, I hope you don’t find me rude if we can talk over for some time. You look young. What level are you in now?” Min Hyuk asks with a smile glued on his face.

“I am on my 3rd year. Foreign Language class. Seung Yeon unnie is my senior. How do you know that she spends time in this shop?” Seulgi asks.     

“Really? We don’t know. I thought this place is a good place to wait for Jong Hyun hyung. Are you close with Seung Yeon-ssi?” Min Hyuk starts.

“Yes. We are like sisters. But can I know why are you looking for her?” Seulgi is curious.

“Ah yes. Jong Hyun hyung needs something from her - something very important for my hyung’s life right now. Sorry but I can’t tell you the exact reason.” Min Hyuk explains with a worried look on his face.

Upon hearing this, Seulgi’s heart throbs in panic. “What is it that it’s so important?” she starts to doubt in her mind. And the fact that it’s the vampire Jong Hyun that hunts Seung Yeon, not the angelic Min Hyuk, Seulgi suddenly feels very protective of Seung Yeon’s identity. She doesn’t feel good about Jong Hyun since the first time she met him. She thinks that her best friend will be in trouble if she let Jong Hyun meet her. Without further asking Min Hyuk on the exact reason why they want to talk to her, Seulgi already concluded that she needs to protect Seung Yeon and try her best not to let her in the hands of dangerous Jong Hyun. Being the over-acting Seulgi, she starts to imagine creepy and cruel things that might happen to Seung Yeon inside her mind. She happens to see Min Hyuk drink his coffee and imagines Jong Hyun Seung Yeon’s neck and drinking her blood. She blinks several times to clear her horrible thoughts.     

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter