Space

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There are some thoughts you can't avoid and some feelings you can't deny.

 

Friday seems to come too slow for Seung Yeon. She’s still occupied from her thoughts for the past two days. Seolhyun keeps on bugging her whenever possible. What’s worse is that other office staffs who happen to hear Seolhyun’s accusations start to gossip about her. She tries her best to ignore those people since majority in her department are very nice to her. She tries to busy herself practicing gayegaum and doing PD trainee stuffs.

Jong Hyun will be back to Korea later this evening. Though he has no idea of what is currently happening in the office, he is sure something is wrong. Seung Yeon barely answers his messages and calls. His busy schedule all throughout the days also worsens the situation. Being the straightforward man that he is, he can’t wait to see her and talk to her.

 

It’s almost 9pm and Seung Yeon is all alone in the floor of media department. Friday feeling makes everyone leave early and spend time outside having fun. After expressing that she will not join, her senior PD handed additional work for her to finish tonight. She needs to transfer all the videos instructed by PD trainee to the CDs and stack it in the storage room. She’s at her desk in front of her computer when she hears sudden noise coming towards her area. She panics a little hearing familiar voice of men talking. She immediately turns off her monitor screen and hides under her desk thinking it might be CNBlue.

“Why do we need to go back here?” Min Hyuk complains to Yong Hwa.

“Can we have the practice tomorrow? I am really tired.” Jung Shin adds.

“We’re just going to have one round then we can go home. I need to get something from my production room. You can go ahead to practice room.” Yong Hwa says.

“I am coming with you Hyung. I also need something from my production room.” Jong Hyun goes behind Yong Hwa.

 

Seung Yeon’s heartbeat leaps upon hearing his voice. She hushes trying not to make noises. Jong Hyun passes on her desk and notices the chair not neatly positioned, several CD cases and a cup of coffee left on her desk. He goes straight inside his room and scans several papers on his desk. After a few minutes Yong Hwa knocks on his door and the two walks away from the area. She takes a peek to check if it’s now safe to continue what she is doing.

 

“How many minutes more to finish copying? Please…Please. I need to hurry and leave. He’s definitely mad at me for ignoring his calls.” She panics in front of her computer imagining an angry Jong Hyun. Her computer says 38mins more to finish transferring the files. While waiting, she hurriedly arranges the CD’s when suddenly she accidentally cuts her hand due to the broken CD case.

“Ouch!” she snaps still trying her best to hush. She sees unused tissues inside her bag and wipes the blood from the cut on her palm. It’s not that deep but the cut is quite long and noticeable. She silently rushes to the pantry looking for the medicine kit and some band aids to suppress the bleeding. Unfortunately, she sees no medicine kit. Instead she washes it and wipes with clean tissues.

 

“Give me your hand!”

A familiar voice suddenly pops up behind her. Before she can even turn around and face the person, he’s already close behind her back looking for her hands, back hugging her.

“Omo! Jong Hyun-ssi…how…” she says in surprise.

“Don’t move or else I will squeeze this wound!” he sweetly threatens her while holding a hankie carefully covering her wound.

“But you don’t have to do this. It’s just a simple cut…” she says awkwardly. Jong Hyun continues to wrap her palm with his hankie not answering her protest. He releases her from the hug after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter