The Girl

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning. One caffé mocha, with extra shot of steamed milk and less whipped cream, extra hot, venti…in here” her voice is low but sweet. This is her personal favorite blend of hot drink every morning. Most of the crews and baristas know her being a loyal patron of the coffee shop for almost a few months already. She spends every morning here before she starts her classes. 

She’s always wearing her favorite black cap, plain white V-neck shirt and high waist jeans. She barely wears make-up unless needed. She looks so casual but chic and there is something in her that makes her so stand-out among other girls. She walks at the corner of the old-fashioned café and finds her favorite spot at the table near the window. This has been her favorite place every morning while enjoying her cup of coffee. She likes being in here because of the cozy and silent atmosphere where she can freely connect to the Wi-Fi and browse through her laptop.  

She opens her slim Apple laptop while waiting for her coffee. She stares at her laptop wallpaper – an old photo of two adorable children sitting side by side in the playground.

“Good morning Oppa! Look at you now, you’re already a celebrity. Do you still remember me, your childhood friend? There are lots of beautiful girls around you now so you must have forgotten about me.” She snaps from her thoughts when she heard the barista calls her name.

“Caffé mocha for Ms. Seung Yeon.”

The past few days have been like this for her – ordering her favorite coffee in the morning near her school and spend some time in the café with her laptop looking for a decent job suited for her university degree. She takes up Media and Communication as her major in a famous women’s university in Seoul. With her good grades and good school performance, she is confident that she will land a good job after her graduation in a month. She’s been doing well in her program since her freshman days.

Even before her university days, she is already well-known for being acquainted with some famous idols. This is because she was a former trainee in SM Entertainment, the biggest entertainment company in Seoul. She tried training as an idol because this is what her childhood wants for them, to be in the entertainment industry. But after seven years of training to be an idol, she decided to pursue her love for media production. She realized that hip-hop dance and upbeat songs are not for her. She finds peace and tranquility being behind the scenes – be it theater or TV productions. She has a special talent in playing traditional Korean instruments and writing Chinese calligraphy which makes her extra famous for her classical style. Even though she failed to be an idol, she worked really hard to finish her studies and now dreams of becoming a producer instead – always behind the cameras. At least this career is still close to their dream of being in the entertainment industry.

She stands up and gets her coffee at the bar. She goes back and sits in the same location again and continues searching for job posting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter