Emotions

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung Yeon is waiting outside the restaurant to hail a cab. Other artists are still inside the room having some drinks. Seung Yeon excuses herself to leave early for her graduation tomorrow. It’s indeed a very important day for her. She’s standing blankly assessing if she made the right decision of entering FNC entertainment. For her, this is not the best decision but she knows this is the right thing to do. As her mind thinks of the possible things that might happen in her new world, she suddenly thought of Jong Hyun. She stops wandering when a red sports car suddenly stops in front of her.

 

“Get in.” Jong Hyun appears when the window slides down.

Flustered Seung Yeon cannot find her words, just looking blank.

“I said get in the car!” Jong Hyun almost snarls.

Without any second thoughts, she hurriedly gets inside his damn car.

“Why are you being so grumpy?” she asks while fastening her seatbelt.

He started to drive real fast. He looks angry. She can tell by the looks in his eyes while driving. He’s not even looking at her.  

“If you will act like that better drop me off here. I can go home by myself.” She speaks again.

 

A moment of silence. Neither of them is talking for some time.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” He finally speaks in.

“About what?” she plays innocent.

“About what? Of course about earlier! What the hell is this all about? Are you playing tricks on me?” He accuses her.

“I have my own reasons!” She snarls at him. Her heart starts to beat fast again. Faster than the way he is driving. 

“Damn those reasons Seung Yeon-ssi!” He snaps. “You always have those reasons!” He continues with an almost high pitch voice.

“Why are you so mad at me?” She asks in a soft low voice trying to calm her nerves.

“Because I feel like a fool. I listened to your reasons when I was convincing you to collaborate with me. I totally respected that and I remained true to my promise that I will not bother you again about that! Then you showed up again in front of me in a totally opposite scenario. Do you pity me so you changed your mind?” He asks a very hurtful question.

“Please Jong Hyun-ssi. This is not about you!” She says confidently.

“Then tell me what is this all about?” He asks with a shaky voice.

 

“Stop the car.” She demands but he acts like he heard nothing.

“Please Jong Hyun-ssi. Stop the car.” She pleads. Tears start to run on her reddish cheeks.

Jong Hyun sees her crying, but he can’t move his frozen body. The car stops near Dongdaemun market. It’s almost close to her house.

 

“I just want to make this clear. I changed my mind not because I pity you. It’s a personal decision. You don’t even know what I went through to bravely accept it. If you can’t say thank you for what I did at least stop acting like a betrayed arrogant man.” She says then stops outside his car.

 

He drives his way home feeling guilty and sorry for acting so mad and judging her decisions. The moment he hears her name during the announcement, he immediately concluded that she changed her mind because of pity – the feeling he hates the most. He doesn’t want people to look down on him and his abilities.

 

He suddenly makes a U-turn before arriving in his apartment building with the screeching sound of his wheels. He dials her number but she’s not answering her phone. Half an hour has passed when he arrives at the same spot where she alighted. He immediately runs out of his car to look for her. Near him is the Dongdaemun market. It’s almost 11 in the evening so there are less people in the market. He dials her number again and surprisingly she picks up.

 

“Where are you?” he asks still sounding cold.

“You don’t have to know. Just go home and spend time with your grumpiness! Nag all you want when you’re at home!” she says lousily then hangs up.

Judgi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter