Filming

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's hard to wait for something you know might never happen but it's harder to give up when you know it's everything you want.

Some realizations before going to bed. *Seung Yeon (SY) and Jong Hyun (JH)

 

SY: I saw him today.

JH: I saw her today.

 

SY: I wonder if he still cares.

JH: It seems like it has been forever.

 

SY: I couldn’t stop staring at him.

JH: She looks pale but she’s still the most beautiful.

 

SY: He said his name but I want to call him “honey”.

JH: I introduced my name to her formally.

 

SY: I’d still pick him over the guy I’m with.

JH: She’s probably happy now without me.

 

SY: He couldn’t even look at me like he used to.

JH: I can’t even look at her without my heart breaking.

 

SY: I told him I am happy to see him again.

JH: She didn’t mean it.

 

SY: I mean it.

JH: She doesn’t mean it.

 

SY: I still love him.

JH: She loves Woo Bin hyung now.

 

SY: Then I went home and cried.

JH: Then I went home and cried.

 

SY: I lost him.

JH: I love her.

 

SY: Time doesn’t heal.

JH: Sometimes time only hides the scars.

 

******

At the filming site

 

“Cut!” The director shouts angrily. He is obviously mad since he can’t get the right camera angle that he needs. They are now filming Jong Hyun’s cameo as a background singer on Woo Bin and Suzy’s break-up scene.

 

“Seung Yeon-ssi. What is happening to you? I told you to focus the camera on his eyes on my cue! As simple as that!” The director scolds her in front of the staffs. Jong Hyun overhears this as he sits in front of the piano. He pretends not to hear anything but he is worried on Seung Yeon.

“Again! Sorry Jong Hyun-ssi. We need to start over.” The director continues being so apologetic on Seung Yeon’s mistake.

 

“3, 2, 1 Action!” The staff hits the slate on the 2nd take.

 

Jong Hyun starts to play the first notes of his own song in the piano. He will sing the title song on his hit album. There are 3 cameras recording him on this scene and Seung Yeon is standing in front of the piano assigned to focus on his face during the entire song. She suddenly remembers those times they spent together while doing their collaboration. The other two cameras are on his side. After a few introduction on the piano, he starts to sing.

Darlin' I can't explain
Where did we lose our way
Girl it's drivin' me insane
And I know I just need one more chance
To prove my love to you
If you come back to me
I'll guarantee
That I'll never let you go

The lyrics of his song crashes her heart while filming him. And it’s really hard for her to film him whenever he looks directly on the camera that she is carrying. His eyes, his burning eyes right in front of my lenses. He looks so handsome with his hair brushed up like that. Those eyes that used to adore her, those thick eyebrows, that nose he crinkles whenever he’s acting cute, those lips that kisses her passionately – everything in front of her. She looks at the screen of her camcorder and she feels like he is talking to her. A voice echoes on her ear instructing her to focus in his eyes.

Can we go back to the days our love was strong
Can you tell me how a perfect lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter