Return of Superman

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double the joy. Twice the love. Two little blessings from above.

 

“Wow..That’s our babies!” Jong Hyun feels so happy and fascinated watching the kicking, wriggling and turning of their twins inside her tummy during her second scan on her 20th week. Yes, they are expecting cute little twins! The sonographer who is a fan of CNBlue can’t help but laugh on his reactions during the entire time. They could see absolutely everything right down to their little finger and toes. He is so much eager to know if it’s a boy or a girl but their legs are crossed and they couldn’t spot anything between the legs so it’s going to be a surprise for now.

 

Both of them feel quite sad when the scan was finished, although they have some photos to send to the over excited grandparents including a great picture of one of the babies his / her thumb.

“I can happily stare at the babies spinning and kicking around your tummy for hours.” He says her hand inside the car heading back home.

“It’s so bizarre, more than slightly frightening to realize that the next time I see our babies it will be face to face.” She replies with a smile putting his hand over her already bulging tummy. 

 

Week 30 and the countdown begins. Their twins will be here very soon. Jong Hyun has been away for most of the time doing their arena tour within Asia. He constantly checks on her through video calls and messages but because of her pregnancy hormones sometimes she is feeling sad not having him by her side. Though she knows he is trying his best to be with her all throughout her pregnancy stages, she also understands that he has work to do. One night she is resting on the couch when Jong Hyun surprises her.

 

“Why are still awake? For my lovely wife.” He murmurs handing over a set of yellow freesia to her.

“Am I still lovely even if I am this big?” She pouts at him while accepting the flowers.

“I will always find you attractive no matter what.” He says helping her sit properly beside him.

“Thank you Oppa. But why are you here? You have another concert in Thailand right?” She folds the page of the pregnancy book that she is currently reading and gives him a deep kiss on his lips.

“I missed the three of you so much. I need to recharge. After the concert in Singapore earlier I immediately book a flight back here. I will be leaving tomorrow morning.” He gently cups her face to return the kiss. He goes down to her big tummy letting his lips lightly travels on her bump.

“What are these for?” He notices the head phones attached at the side of her belly.

“I am letting them hear your soothing voice, your music, and all your compositions. And they really like it.” She says when suddenly one of the babies move. The movements are now getting so big that they actually see bits of her bump wiggling about in a really spooky fashion.

“Oh! They know you’re here Oppa. They hear your voice.” Her mood lightens up instantly seeing this kind of magic and feeling the lives inside her tummy. They continue to cuddle in the couch for some more minutes with him humming and singing sweetly while cradling her. It's like a comforting harmony to her and to the babies. This serene moment makes his heart so warm and so happy looking at her and their future with the babies. Jong Hyun suddenly feels the heaviness of her head on the nook of his neck. It takes around 20minutes for him to arrange her into her little nest on their king size bed, with five pillows scattered around her in strategic positions – under the bump, between the knees, wherever she points he willingly complies.

“Thank you Oppa, for taking care of us. I know it’s also hard for you.” She says looking at him the moment he tucks his body under the duvet to lay beside her.

“You know how happy I am to do these things to you and to our babies. I wont get tired travelling all the way here just to be with you. My wife is king, remember? Take a rest now. I will not wake you up tomorrow morning when I leave. I love you honey.” He gives her a good night kiss on her forehead. He gently caresses the big bulging tummy of her letting the babies know and feel the warmth of his touches. 

 

Early morning he checks her phone to see any messages from him and she is quite surprise to see a lot of notifications on her Instagram account. Jong Hyun posted a beautiful photo of her standing in front of a mirror on her white maternity dress as she amusingly stares at her baby bump. Her hair falling freely at the side of her neck, pregnancy glow kind of aura radiating through her. The picture shows h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter