Sweet Escape

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I just want to go away for some days, some weeks, some months, some years or maybe FOREVER, with you.

 

Seung Yeon’s alarm clock goes crazy at exactly 4 in the morning. Her eyes struggle to open with almost two hours of sleep. Though she went to bed at 1am, she was not able to sleep thinking about what Jong Hyun said before they separated.

“Haay. Why am I doing this? Is he even serious that someone will go here to fetch here? I don’t know anything. I will seriously kill him if this is a prank.” She talks struggling to get up from her bed.

 

After showering, at exactly 5 in the morning, she goes down at the lobby as instructed by Jong Hyun last night. She notices a guy earnestly waiting near the front desk officer. She’s unsure of him but his face is a bit familiar. The middle-aged man approaches her on where she is standing.

 

“Hello Seung Yeon-ssi. I am Viva Touch. I came here to fetch you. Nice to meet you.” He says with a beaming smile on his face.

“Hello Sir. Good morning. Nice to meet you too.” She takes a 90 degree bow. “But..where is Lee Jong Hyun?” She hesitates to ask. Viva lets a small smile on his face.

“You will meet him later. Shall we go?” Viva asks.

“But I really don’t know what is this all about. I am really clueless.” She says.

“Sorry to hear that. I guess Jong Hyun has some surprise. But don’t worry he will not do anything bad to you. I can assure that.” Viva explains. They walk outside the lobby and they get inside Viva’s car.

 

“Excuse me Sir. Did we previously meet somewhere?” She asks breaking the silence inside the car.

“Yes. At Hanie’s wedding. I was the photographer that time.” He explains.

“Right! That’s where I saw you. But how are you related to Jong Hyun-ssi and Hanie noona?” She asks again.

“Hanie works for me in my photography business. And Jong Hyun is an annoying kid who keeps on bothering me.” He jokes around making them both smile. “He is a very good dongsaeng to me. We’ve been friends for more than 3years now. Are you curious about him?” Viva tries to .

“Not really…I…also find him annoying.” She stumbles searching for her words.

 

“Here we are.” Viva parks the car after 30mins drive. He opens the door for her.

“Airport? Is he going somewhere? Are we going to bid goodbye to him?” She asks.

“You’re going to Jeju Island. Jong Hyun booked an earlier flight; you’re supposed to fly at 7am. He will be waiting for you at Jeju. Here are your things: plane ticket – check. Clothes – check. And everything else that you need – check.” Viva hands over all of the things that she needs. She’s just standing frozen and blank.  

“I will leave now. Enjoy!” Viva says with a big smile on his face. She was not able to reply but gives an abrupt bow to say thank you to him. She immediately gets her phone and tried to call Jong Hyun but his phone is turned off.

 

********

 

Jong Hyun is already in the plane looking at the sea of clouds visible from where he is sitting near the window. He slouches a bit to relax his nervous feeling, still thinking of what might happen today. This is something he didn’t plan and he is definitely sure this is what he wants. He recalls his conversation with Viva and Hanie when he visited them at their office last Sunday evening.

 

Sunday

 

“Why are you here?” Viva welcomes him with such greeting.

“Eey. What was that? Are you not happy that I am here? I brought pizza.” He says wittily.

“What do you need? Judging at how you look you need something from us.” Hanie joins in.

“I just missed you guys. We didn’t see each other after your wedding noona.” He says.

“Woooh. You will not bring these foods if you don’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter