Permission

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gestures, in love, are incomparably more attractive, effective and valuable than words.

 

“My navigator says their house is in this area…” Jong Hyun with a beating heart looks around carefully checking the number on each house.

“Oh! It’s here! 12A, Yoo Family.” He reads from the mail box outside the house. He checks himself, takes a deep breath and finally rings the bell.

 

“Aaaahhhh!” Su Jin opens the door and is frozen from a moment then screams. Out of her nervousness, she immediately closes the door.

“Why? Why? Su Jin what is happening?” Eomma says approaching near the door with Jeong Yeon.

“Eomma, there is a very handsome man outside. I’ve seen him in tv! CNBlue member! He is here!” Su Jin explains still standing behind the door. The bell rings again.

“Really? Maybe I know him. Or most probably he is mistaken. Why would he visit here in our house? Jeong Yeon makes her way to open the door again.

“Oh! Sunbaenim.” Joeng Yeon’s eyes grow bigger then instantly bows in front of him.

“Twice Jeong Yeon?” Jong Hyun can’t believe what he is seeing and checks again the house number sent by Viva. He bows upon seeing their Eomma looking behind their backs.

“Sorry for bugging in unannounced. I am actually looking if this is Gong Seung Yeon’s house.” He continues.

“Yes Sunbaenim. She is my eldest sister. This is my second sister Su Jin and this is our mom. But Seung Yeon unnie is not living here anymore. She comes here once in a while but not today.” Jeong Yeon explains.

“Why are you not letting the guest in?” A manly voice suddenly butts in the conversation. It’s Seung Yeon’s dad. In a split second, Jong Hyun’s heart beats triple faster. He suddenly thinks of going back to the city. But he has something important to tell her parents so he needs to face them.

 

The atmosphere inside the living room is quite awkward. Eomma and Appa are sitting side by side, Jeong Yeon and Su Jin together and Jong Hyun in the other end of the set. Jong Hyun doesn’t know how to start the conversation or how could he possibly introduce himself.

“Maybe he is dating Seung Yeon unnie.” Su Jin whispers to Jeong Yeon.

“But she did not tell anything about this guy to me. But why would he drive all the way here?” Jeong Yeon whispers back. Because Jong Hyun can’t take the stares on him, he stands up and introduces himself.

 

“It might be rude showing up here unannounced like this but I took the courage to personally introduce myself to you. I am Lee Jong Hyun.” He bows again to everyone.

“And you’re…” Appa asks after some silent moment.

“And I’m dating your eldest daughter, Seung Yeon.” He immediately answers back thinking that he should have said it from the beginning. He can tell the surprise look on their faces. The room becomes more silent, he can only hear how crazy his heart beats. No one is responding to his confession.

 

“Ahaha!” Appa burst out a little laugh. An ice breaker from the very serious air.

“I was about to ask where you’re from but you cut me off. Relax.” Appa explains why he is laughing. Everyone is laughing except Appa. Jong Hyun shows off a very awkward smile.  

“I was actually fishing near your area earlier this morning. I don’t usually catch big fishes but today I caught a big Busiri. I thought...driving all the way back to Gangnam is not a good idea for the fish...so I remembered from Seung Yeon that you’re a chef. I thought bringing it here would be a nice idea.” He explains further with little pauses trying to make his heartbeat normal. 

“Ah really? Common! I really love that fish. You were right to eat it while it’s fresh. Bring that fish in. I will wait for you in the kitchen.” Appa’s mood becomes brighter. He is acting so cool with Jong Hyun. The three girls are left in the living area still buzzing about him and Seung Yeon. 

Of course Seung Yeon’s pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter