Sick

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Hyun barely gets into a deep sleep because of the cold wind. He checks her from time to time but she’s like a statue, not moving at all from her sleeping position. It’s almost morning but the sun isn’t up yet. He looks at his watch and it’s already 5 in the morning. Time is ticking too fast since they dug in the corner at almost 2 in the morning earlier. He suddenly hears a screeching sound of the car below the ground. He hurriedly stands up to get the attention of that man from the ground.

 

“Excuse me! Sir!” He shouts. The man below seems to hear him as he looks at the surroundings.

“Up here Sir! At the rooftop! We’re locked here!” he screams. The man immediately goes inside the building.

“Seung Yeon-ssi… Seung Yeon-ssi.” He tries to wake her up but she barely moves.

“Hmm.” She creases her eyebrows and moves a little.

“Omo! You have fever. Tsk! I told you not to play in the rain. Look at you now!” he’s mad trying to help her stand.

“Are you going to nag at me again? Just send me home. My head feels like breaking.” She says in a weak voice.

 

The door opens and the man appears in front of them.

“Thank you Sir. I need to hurry. She got cold from last night because of the rain.”

“I am the maintenance officer of this building. How come you were locked here? So that red car on the ground is yours? Hurry, she looks so pale.” The man says.

“Thank you again.” He dashes immediately down his car carrying her in his back.

 

He adjusts the passenger seat to let her lay down. He goes to his compartment and gets unused blankets and jackets stacked for his fishing hobby. He immediately goes inside and covers her in every possible way to make her warm. She touches her forehead looking worried with her condition.

 

“Are you feeling better now?” he asks.

“Thank you. You can drop me at the nearest bus stop. Can you charge my phone? I need to call Seulgi. Today is Monday right?” she asks sounding so fragile.

“Sleep first. I will call her. Just rest for a while. I will drive you home.” He insists even without knowing her address. He keeps glances at her while driving from Gangnam to Dongdaemun. He pulls over a pharmacy along the road to buy her medicine for her fever, hot ramen and water.

 

“Seung Yeon-ssi…” he tries to wake her up. “Eat this first, then drink some medicine.” He says.

“Where are we? Are we home already?” she asks looking outside. It’s still almost daylight.

“Yah! Don’t ask. We’re at the pharmacy’s parking lot. Just eat this now. Open your mouth.” He scolds her. He blows a spoon of broth and noodles for her as he extends his hands to feed her. She can’t look at his face during this time. She’s embarrassed thinking of how she looks at this moment and that flower boy Jong Hyun is feeding her a cup of ramen inside his car. She feels weird thinking of these things despite her aching head. She immediately takes the medicine that he brought and slouches in the seat pretending to be sleeping to avoid the embarrassment.

While driving, his phone rings. It’s his mom inviting him for a video call but he declines. He calls her back instead.

“Yes Omma? I can’t video call. I am driving.” He excuses with a low voice.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter