Her Reasons Part 2

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Second chances are not given to make things right. But are given to prove that we could be better even after we fall.

“Jong Hyun-ssi, stop. You’re hurting my arm!” Seung Yeon complains as Jong Hyun continues to drag her in a dark alley beside their house.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” His anger is pouring in the silent street of Busan. His eyes look so damn serious.

“Tell you what?!” She can’t hide her anger too as she walks away from where they stopped earlier.

“For God sake Seung Yeon-ah! Can you please stop running away from me!” He stands behind her and shouts trying to stop her.

 

“What??! What do you want to know?!” She stops and turns her body to finally face him. She is breathing heavily and her eyes are like well of water, tears pouring down on her already reddened cheeks.

“Everything! I want to know everything written in here!” He responds with a high voice showing her pink planner.

“Where did you get that? Give that back to me!” She takes a few steps back closer to him to snatch her pink planner away from his hands.

“No! You will not have this unless you tell me everything. Why didn’t you tell me?” He says with conviction in his tone.

“Hey, I am choosing to leave you because it’s the right thing to do! Is that what you expect me to say when I decided to leave and ran away? You said I’m all in the past so you don’t have to know everything! You said it's all in the past.” She sarcastically answers. She's hurt, mad and frightened at the same time with their argument.

 

“You left me just like that Seung Yeon-ah!!” His voice is trembling and his eyes grow bigger.

“Don’t you think you owe me at least an explanation? What do you expect from me when I saw you again? Hey, it’s been nine months. How are you? I am fine. Is that what you imagined? Well I am telling you it’s not like that in real life! You killed me Seung Yeon-ah!” A tear comes out of his right eye.

“I tried to be okay when you left me! For nine months I’ve been lying to myself that I am okay. But deep inside my heart it wasn’t okay at all. You know when it’s not okay when you feel there’s a sudden pain in your heart. When breathing becomes hard, when saying a word hurts, and every blink of your eyes is a tear kissing your cheek. What will you do when the person you love decides to stop loving you and decides to put an end to your journey? I have nothing to do but to accept it. It was so sudden! You didn’t trust me at all. We promised to fight together but you chose to be weak…” He continues to breakdown. Finally he is able to vent out his real feelings that he has been holding on for quite some time.

“It’s not that I’m weak, it’s just that I-ing-love-you-to-death kind of feeling! That’s why I left you and that doesn’t mean I don’t love you. I really, really love you and I know that you know how much you mean to me. So much of myself is made up of your love and my love for you. It’s only been three months of being together but what he have is an intense kind of love.” She cuts him in his ranting trying to defend herself. Tears continue to flood down on her face. Their heavy breathing suddenly becomes the only sound audible in the dark alley. They continue to stare at each other’s eyes like it’s the only source of truth on everything that is happening – sincere eyes now all covered with tears.

 

“That night was the night when I decided to swallow everything.” Her tears make her harder to speak. She then takes a deep breath.

“I rode the bus going home that night. I didn’t cry although my heart was crashing into millions of pieces. I put my earphones and the radio on my phone and suddenly, it was all about you; the songs bring back all the memories we have. It was both nostalgic and heartbreaking. I lost my paradise. Lost my happy pill. Lost my other half. Lost the love of my life.” She pauses and takes another deep breath for her to continue.

 

“You were in Japan and I heard President Han talking to someone. Si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter