Revenge

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Revenge is a dish which taste best when served cold.

 

Seung Yeon’s POV:

I want to escape. I want to collapse. I want to disappear. What kind of joke is this? My heart is bursting. And it is bleeding like someone keeps on stabbing me directly at my back. And it cuts me so deep that I feel like losing my pulse. Let me breathe please. I want to touch his beautiful face so bad but I can’t move my hands. Am I hallucinating again like every day I always see his face? Now I am not sure if this dream or reality. But his eyes are staring at me the way I’ve never seen before - so cold. Seeing him look at me like I’m the most hated person on earth hurts more than what I imagined. I am trying to hold on my tears from swelling on my eyes but damn it his stare is burning me like hell. And I deserve it. I deserve every single pain I should feel right now.

 

“Seung Yeon-nie. Are you okay? You look really pale.” Woo Bin tries to distract her thoughts.

“Sorry Oppa. Maybe because of the rain.” She keeps on rubbing her hands to ease her nervousness.

“This is my little brother Jong Hyun. I invited him to make a cameo appearance in the drama so I thought coming over here is a good idea so we can get along while filming.” Woo Bin continues still not sensing anything.

 

“I am Lee Jong Hyun, CNBlue’s guitarist.” Jong Hyun formally introduces himself like he does normally.

“What kind of introduction is that? So formal. Let’s talk casually. Let’s eat.” Woo Bin reaches for Seung Yeon’s plate and starts to slice her steak into little pieces. Jong Hyun notices this as he steals glances to her from time to time.

“Because Seung Yeon-ssi might not know me if I only say Lee Jong Hyun. And my name is so easy to forget. Right Seung Yeon-ssi?” Jong Hyun’s words seems like he is hitting on her indirectly. She feels extremely hurt by his words.

“I know what you’re doing. Stop it. You’re just making it worse.” Suzy suddenly whispers on Jong Hyun’s ear. Now it’s Seung Yeon who steals glances on the two.

“Why didn’t you tell me that she’s working in your drama?” Jong Hyun silently snarls at Suzy.

 

“Are you two dating for real now? Continuation of what supposed to happen before? It didn't pursue before so you can work on it now.” Woo Bin suddenly asks teasing the two. Seung Yeon can’t lift up her head, she doesn’t want to hear the answer. The steak must have been melted from her stare.

“As far as my memory can remember, I still have a girlfriend. We didn’t break up. I thought everything is doing well between us but one day she just left.” Jong Hyun’s words are striking on her again. He doesn’t want to stop embarrassing her.

“Seriously? Sorry I didn’t know. So maybe that’s the reason why the title track on your album was like that. Begging someone to stay. You really did well on that album Jong Hyun-nie.” Woo Bin continues.

“I am sure she left with a good reason. Maybe because of something…” Seung Yeon speaks up but then was suddenly cut by Jong Hyun.

“Maybe because of someone. I am actually fine now so I don’t want to waste my time to know the reasons why she left me like that.” His words feels like an insult to her. His cold treatment is colder than the weather outside. But she’s trying her best to stay calm and composed all throughout their dinner.

 

A few minutes passed she’s really feeling uncomfortable sitting with Jong Hyun beside her in one table, having a meal with him and Woo Bin on the other side. She keeps on checking on her phone, checking on the time of arrival of the next bus. If it’s not raining so hard she could have jumped out of that restaurant since an hour ago. Out of her nervousness, she accidentally dropped her phone on Jong Hyun’s side. Hesitating to pick it up, Jong Hyun suddenly reaches out for her phone near his chair.

 

“You seem to like cherry blossoms.” Jong Hyun notices her phone wallpaper when it suddenly lit up as he places the phone in front of her in the table. She looks at him assessing if he would recognize it. Her wallpaper is the beautiful Japan cherry blossoms lighted up with pink night lights taken when Jong Hyun surprised her to see it with him on a boat. Yes, he knows it was taken on that scene. He gives a very curious look questioning in his mind why she still keep those memories. She should have deleted everything connected to him, he says in silence. Now she’s speechless again.

 

“She really likes flowers.” Woo Bin answers for her as he tak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter