Emergency Meeting

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His phone ringing frantically becomes his alarm clock early this morning. He uncovers himself from the thick comforter and searches for his phone in his bed. He slowly opens his eyes to see who’s calling very early in the morning.  It’s Tiger, his manager.

“Yes hyung?” he answers sounding upset.

“Jong Hyun-ah. Get up. President Han wants to see you this morning.” Tiger remarks.

“Okay. But we’re supposed to meet tomorrow. What’s the urgency about?” he is curious.

“I think he wants to talk about your upcoming solo album. Maybe he wants to listen to the song list. I am not really sure but I can sense he has some plans. Please be ready Jong Hyun-ah.” There is some trace of threat and worry on Tiger’s voice.

Feeling worried, he rises from his bed and walks straight to his kitchen. He gets a glass of cold water trying to brush off his uneasiness. He rests his weight leaning on the kitchen bar. He must be up to something. I can sense something. Now he is talking to himself as he drinks the cold water. He doesn’t want to waste more time thinking so he readies himself to get a fresh shower.

 

He steps on the accelerator of his red Aston Martin on his way to the company. He plays random songs in the music player of his car to avoid all negative thoughts running inside his mind. He stops as the traffic light turns red.

“What’s with this emergency meeting? President Han is not like this. Is he planning to put me in another drama? Or can be on variety show? It can also be about my solo album. He can’t postpone my solo album this time. I really worked hard on this for the past years. Can’t be.. Can’t be..” he murmurs.

He suddenly remembers the first time President Han called him alone the first time inside his office. The room was quiet. There was enough light coming from the wide window that was opened to let some fresh air in. He was sitting in an almost oversized adjustable chair with his arms resting on the arm pads, crossing his legs and facing the window.

“Your secretary told me that you want to speak with me” Jong Hyun’s voice is low and cold.

“Oh Jong Hyun-ssi, please sit down” President Han welcomes him.

“So how are you doing these days? As you can see, all your members are busy with their individual activities” he continues. Upon hearing this, Jong Hyun rings a bell inside his mind. So this is about individual activities – I am sure he wants me to do one. He talks inside his mind as he lets President Han continue with his motives.

“We’ve got an offer for you to sing the OST of SBS’ upcoming drama A Gentleman’s Dignity” President Han stops. The two were staring at each other’s eyes for a moment. Silence. Dead air.

“It’s not all right? You will not call me here if it’s as simple as that.” Jong Hyun bravely asked. President Han smiled and chuckled with Jong Hyun’s word.

“You’re really blunt Jong Hyun, I like it. I don’t regret the time I convinced you to do music in my company. Going back to the topic, I want you to join the drama as well. Learn how to act.” President Han finally pulled the trigger on his target.

“I am really thankful on the offer but you know I can’t do that. I don’t have the confidence to act. I don’t want to do it” he snaps right away. He jolts to make a move and prepares himself to stand when President

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter