Invitation

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Almost after the phone call, Jong Hyun hears someone knocking on the door of his production room.

“You have an invitation from Sungshin Women’s University.” Tiger Manager enters the room.

“What is my schedule tomorrow? Whatever is it, cancel it. I need to go here.” Jong Hyun picks up the invitation and opens it.

“I already did kid. I am supporting you in this battle! But don’t do anything crazy tomorrow. It’s a huge event with lots of girls.” Tiger jokes to Jong Hyun.

“Tsss. I am not interested Hyung. I am doing this for my album.” He says.

“Ya! I remembered something. I found out something. Look at this.” Tiger types something in Jong Hyun’s computer. “I got curious the moment I got her name and tried to research about her and I was surprised on the results. Look. She’s so pretty. You really need to get her…I mean get her in our company for your album.” Tiger almost caught in his words.

 

“I am such a fool. I didn’t even think of this – searching her in Naver.” Jong Hyun tries to shoo off Tiger in front of his computer. He takes control and scrolls on several pictures and this time he is very sure that she’s the same girl that he bumped in the corridor. His attention shifts and gets curious on her related searches. “SM Entertainment, Twice Jeung Yeon, f(x) Amber, EXO Baekhyun, EXO Kai, etc.” he murmurs. Both of them intently read her profile and history. 

“So she was a former trainee at SM. And she quit because she wants a broadcasting job.” Tiger speaks.

“I totally didn’t know about this. Thanks Hyung.” He says. Seeing a very interested Jong Hyun, Tiger gets up from his chair and heads outside the room.

“Don’t do something stupid. If you need anything from me just call me!” Tiger speaks to Jong Hyun before he finally leaves the office.

He  continues to scan more of her pictures in the internet. This time he is 100% sure that the black cap girl is Gong Seung Yeon. 

******

Seung Yeon wakes up early the next morning. She drags herself to her wash room because of the 7am call time for final blockings in the yearly inter-collegiate contest. Because of her talent and skills towards historical instruments, she will play a minor part as a gayegaum performer. Most of her task is on the directing piece and stage design and costume. She finishes dressing up in an hour and rushes on her way to the university. Her small apartment is only several blocks away from the university and walking every morning is her best exercise.

She arrives in the dressing room of the school auditorium 5 minutes before the call time and almost everyone is already present getting ready for the final practice. She will appear almost at the end of their performance so she doesn’t feel much pressure from the chaos inside the dressing room.

“Seung Yeon-ssi, is it fine if you assist me first in the blockings of the main artists?” Senior Director asks.

“Yes Senior Cha. I’ll be out in a few minutes.

“Participants from the Media and Communications Department, please have your final blockings on the stage.” The MC calls out. Everyone immediately lines up near the stage. Senior Director and Seung Yeon make sure everything is working fine as practiced. Artist’s lapel – check, blockings – check, artist’s sequence of appearance – check, lights – check, sound system – check, special effects – check, props – check.

“That’s it! Good job everyone!” Director Cha shouts. “Seung Yeon-ssi, please join them in the stage.” She instructs her. “Listen everyone. After Seung Yeon’s gayegaum, she will go to the center and everyone will line up and count silently to three then take the final bow. Let’s practice starting from Seung Yeon’s gayegaum endi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter