Nine Months After

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You and I will meet again, when we're least expecting it. One day in some far off place, I will recognize your face. Maybe then we'll be better for each other. 

 

Days passed by like a blink of an eye for Jong Hyun. It’s been nine months since the day she left. Nine months of not hearing anything from her. What he went through was not easy. Thanks to his fans, friends and family who’s been his constant life support during those struggling days.

 

How it is like moving on from her – the nine month process:

Career: His first solo album was released in Japan a month after she left. He was struggling to keep up with all activities despite his personal dilemma. But he used this timing to be so busy and somehow forget everything about her. It received lots of love from international fans. Fans showered every support and love to him. The fans didn’t know at all what he is going through that time but some of his songs speaks about someone being alone and left behind. Being the professional that he is, he continued with all his album promotions and used his real feelings as inspiration in writing songs. The first three months of getting over her was the worst for him. He seldom goes outside if not for his solo album promotions. He devoted much of his time writing and making sad and lonely songs. But the next few months becomes lighter, slowly he is learning to accept that she will never come back again. He busied himself to deny and somehow forget the hurt that he is feeling. Now he gained more recognition and appreciation from the people, especially in Japan and Korea as a talented young artist. Regarding President Han – he is still not in very good terms with him but he at least he respects him as the company President.

 

Family: After his solo activities in Japan, he spent a quick vacation in Busan with his family. Of course he didn’t want them to worry about his condition but his family was quick enough to know that Seung Yeon broke up with him. They didn’t rush him. Instead they let him do the things he wanted to do, with their guidance that everything will turn out fine in the end. There were days when they see him alone in the beach whom he considers as a friend who doesn’t leaves. Once in a while his parents go to Seoul if he is too busy with his schedules. The best thing that they can offer to their son is their presence and support to him.

 

Friends: He refused to go out for quite some time. He spent more time alone to reflect and better himself. He did not forced himself to accept everything yet he welcomed a more natural way of letting his heart heal. When he was ready, he started to go on fishing with his fishing buddies. He learned how to cook during spare time and invite friends over his house. He made some random travels within Asia together with his buddies. Little by little he started to smile again and enjoy life like he used to.

 

About him: Give yourself a time to heal – this was his mantra since the day he realized he needs to do something for himself. He knows that there is no other way but to move forward. But the problem is he is not the type who is patient over something he is unsure of. Waiting for the day to finally heal fully and extremely difficult. He knows it’s not like waiting for Christmas to come where you can put marks on the calendar and count the remaining days for the day to finally come – it takes a ton of time to be okay again. Summer, fall and winter passed by without him knowing how he survived the emotional battle.

 

About her: NOTHING.

 

Spring comes in again. It’s still a bit cold outside but the sun is too beautiful to be ignored. He gets up a bit earlier and lighter than his usual mornings. He immediately takes a warm shower and prepare himself wearing his casual white polo and blue jeans.  He got his hair trimmed, beard shaven, all looking fresh and looking so damn good.

 

“Looking great huh! Out on a date?” Tiger manager teases him the moment he enters FNC Entertainment.

“Tss!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter