News

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life always offers you a second chance. It's called tomorrow.

Seung Yeon finds herself still confined on the white covers of her bed, struggling to get up and face the day. She needs to pack up and get ready to move back in Seoul next week. It has been three days since Harang’s birthday and since she got the chance to talk to him again. Three days passed and still she hasn’t heard anything from Jong Hyun. She gets up and sits on her bed remembering the last question she left to him:

“I know I shouldn’t think about it, but, if after my contract with President Han, if you have the choice again…would you still choose me?”

She didn’t want an answer at that point. She wants to hear a sure answer from him, not just the answer brought by the burst of their emotions. And Jong Hyun did the same thing. It’s not that he doesn’t have an answer at the moment, of course he knows that he still loves her but everything that just happened have to be considered too. They just stared at each other’s eyes until she left him in the dark alley and heads back to his house to say goodbye.

At the middle of her thoughts, her door buzzer suddenly sounds. Rather than feeling surprised, she feels suddenly scared someone is in front of her room. She is not expecting someone, not even Jong Hyun for she knows he already flew back in Japan the day after they talked. But a part of her wants to think that it’s him.

“Is he back?” a little voice escapes hoping it’s him willing to give her another chance. She takes little steps going to her door and nervously grabs the knob getting ready to open it.

“Unnie!” an emotional yet playful voice surprises her.

“Seulgi-ya!” She screams in response then gives her a warm hug.

“I hate you! I hate you for hiding in here! How dare you not even let me know about your plans?” Seulgi starts to rant still sharing a hug.

“I miss you too!” She sarcastically replies assuming that her ranting is same as missing her.

“You got me worried Unnie! You should at least called me once to tell me that you’re fine. Everyone was so worried when you suddenly left.” Seulgi continues.

“I told you on the note I left that I am going to be fine.” She gives a very weak smile to her.

“But how did you know I am here?” She asks before Seulgi can respond.

“You know it’s because of him. Who else knew about all of this?” Seulgi says almost like a whisper.

“Are we going to catch up in here? In front of your door?” Seeing her reaction, she tries to change the topic right away.

 

“Something happened in Seoul? Why did you rush in here?” She finally asks for her motives.

“Because I missed you so much! And I have something to tell you.” Seulgi answers right in. She suddenly feels nervous about this news. Her thoughts suddenly travels on the possibility that it’s about Jong Hyun, his decision and his reasons then pulls her luggage beside her bed where they are sitting.

“What is this? Why did you bring so much stuff?” She looks at her with a confuse face.

“Unnie, this is for you. These are the things you need, I already prepared everything." Seulgi hands over a red box of medium size containing her white dress, her shoes and a flower crown too.

“Prepared for what?” She asks again.

“I am getting married Unnie.” She finally reveals her news. She's been waiting for this moment, to tell Seung Yeon about this.

“And you’re going to be my bridesmaid.” Seulgi lets a sweet smile on her face.

“What?? When? With whom? Wait. Did I hear it right? How?” She panics right away after hearing her divulge her intentions.

“Easy. One by one. I have the whole day to spend in here with you. I’ll be staying here in Busan for the next three days. We can talk over thos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter