Moonlight Swing

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.

 

The beautiful sunrise beaming through the open spaces above the altar welcomes her as she takes on her walk along the aisle. A day like the first day of spring when suddenly the world is perfect and beautiful and wonderful again. A day that erases the dark, cold memories of winter. The day when tears will dry and the days will be sunny again in the future, filled with his warm hugs and kisses. 

The moment is passionate and fiery, magical and tender. Her feelings are indescribable as she takes side glances at all the special people he gathered just to be with her on this day. Like a little gathering he prepared knowing how much she misses everyone. There is Mori on the side waving at her like a little playmate she used to have in the office. Suzy who becomes a friend during those times she is struggling while filming. Woo Bin who has been very caring to her like a big brother even though she has shortcomings. Hanie who finds time to attend despite their busy schedules in her photography business with Viva. Her family, his family and his brothers, everyone makes their presence at the chapel. Her heart suddenly feels warm seeing these wonderful people again as she’s closely getting closer to him.

 

Jong Hyun’s POV *watching her slowly walking towards him in that beautiful wedding dress*

With her face covered with the veil her Eomma made, I knew it from the moment I saw you. When my day was meant to start out one way but ended up leading me to you. There is this feeling deep down inside my gut which told me ‘this is it’ ‘she’s the one’. And I know that sounds cliché, I know it’s the kind of thing you hear in romantic movies and novels, but it was the truest thing I’ve ever known.

 

There were so many obstacles for us, and some days I felt like forgetting about you, all about us. But my heart wouldn’t let me. Not a single day during that nine months passed without thinking of you. I have never fought like this before, not for anyone. I have never felt so strongly about something, about a possibility and I didn’t care who told me to quit you. Who told me you’ve hurt me before and a second chance will never work, who told me I was stupid for losing myself in fighting for you.

Because I knew this day will come. You will trust me enough to hold on my hands again when you decided to drop everything and just accept that this fire, this insane connection, it wasn’t going anywhere but be together again.

 

“Waah…You look really beautiful, as always.” Jong Hyun whispers the moment he picks up her hand and clasp her fingers like it was his since the beginning. He gently caresses his thumb against her thumb as if telling her that everything is perfectly fine.

“Oppa…I am sorry…” She mumbles searching for her words but betrays her, nothing comes out.

“Shhh. I am the one who should be sorry. It took me five days to give you my answer, to prepare all of this and gather everyone here. Our family and friends seem to have busy schedules.” He jokes around letting her loosen up a little.

“How can you do this? You did not even propose.” She laughs with tears in her face making both of them giggle.

 

Right after the ceremony, the newlyweds bid farewell to their family members and guests then head out to another surprise prepared by Jong Hyun. Like the old days, he is driving holding and smelling the scent of her hand, the kind of scent he missed for so long. Reaching the destination, he parks his car in front of an old wooden house painted in white surrounded by wide green lawn with spring flowers starting to bloom. He guides her on their way inside and Seung Yeon is delighted to see how the interior is creatively designed, most furniture are made of wood colored in pastel.

 

“Do you like it?” He whispers and starts to back hug her tenderly. She shifts her head to meet his eyes hoping he will see how much she likes it.

“This is my grandparent’s house. Spending most of my summer days here when I was little and living with my grandparents, I saw how lovely it is to grow old with someone you love. I dream of spending summers here with my wife, so I renovated it base on the dream house that you like. Wide lawn, big windows, high ceiling, pastel colors, spacious kitchen.” He says still hugging her from behind.

“Oppa, I really like it. But this is just too much. How can everything be possible today? How can I even repay you with all the love…” She’s still in the middle of her thoughts when suddenly he gives a swift kiss on her lips.

“You’re more than enough.” He responds right away leading her to a closed door on their right. He opens a huge room with a classic mahogany record player. The sound of the old vinyl record echoe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter