Her Reasons Part 1

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.

Feeling unease and coiled up, Seung Yeon decides to take a stroll at the Busan market to somehow relieve her thoughts about Jong Hyun. She is wearing a sleeveless floral dress, the length enough to show half of her thighs, cute and y at the same time – indeed she is so lovely. The sunset and her mood keeps on regretting not even talking to him at the location because obviously there is no time to do that. After seeing and hearing him sing his song for her makes her realize how hard it must have been for him. But it’s not only him who suffered, she suffered even more and still is suffering from that decision she made.

 

“Seung Yeon-nie?” A familiar voice sounds from her back.

“Eomeonim…” Seung Yeon looks back and barely finishes then gives a sudden bow. It’s Jong Hyun’s mother.

“Aren’t you giving Eomeonim a hug instead?” She takes a few steps closer to her spreading her arms to welcome her. But Seung Yeon is in a state between awkward and ashamed after what happened.

“I’m sorry Eomeonim.” She says with a broken voice still sharing a hug. Now she’s feeling a bit emotional.

“Ssshhh…Don’t think about it. Everything is still okay between you and me right? What are you doing here by the way?” Eomeonim caresses her back for her to feel comfortable.

“I..was..just strolling along the market.. Oh let me help you with those.” She gives a reply unsure if that’s what she means and helps her carry those shopping bags in her hands.

“No, I mean what are you doing here in Busan? Come to our house and have a talk. It’s Harang’s birthday today. Yaaa, it’s been a year since I saw you.” A sudden invitation from Jong Hyun’s mom.

“But Eomeonim… you know I can’t…” She doesn’t know how to say no to her invitation.

“I know. Don’t worry Jong Hyun-nie said he can’t come home because he has things to do in Seoul. The family misses you a lot. And you have lots to explain.” Eomeonim sweetly threatens her. She then realized than maybe after filming he immediately went back to Seoul.

 

“Look who I found in the market!” Eomeonim excitedly announces soon after arriving home.

“Pretty Imo!” Harang excitedly jumps to her giving her a sudden hug on her legs. She bends down and hugs her back. She misses her a lot too.

“You’re much bigger now. And you’re growing prettier.” She kisses her on her cheeks. All eyes are on her now. Being with Jong Hyun’s family again makes her remember the good times but at the same time she feels regretful of what happened between them.

"Pretty Imo, Samchon said that you're gone. Can we call him and tell him that grandma already found you? He misses you a lot pretty Imo." Harang cutely bursts out. Seung Yeon's heart skips a beat.

“Hello everyone. I know I shouldn’t be here today. I am sorry if I ruin your family event. I am really sorry…for what happened between me and Jong Hyun-ssi.” She kneels down with her head facing the floor almost crying out of her embarrassment. Everyone is silent. She's running out of words meeting his family again. 

 

“No need for you to do that. Please stand up. We know you did what you have to do. Whatever reason was that, you will always be my kind and pretty daughter-in-law.” Abeonim says with a sweet smile on his face. 

“Sister-in-law!” Jong Hyun’s two noonas also welcome her too warmly with a hug. They proceed on the kitchen catching up on her stories while eating when suddenly someone barges in the house.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter