Negotiation

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They reached a high-end restaurant familiar to Jong Hyun which is also a few blocks away from the university. When the staffs see him, they are immediately escorted to a more private spot like where he used to eat with his friends. The store owner is his friend so he gets special treatment whenever he’s around. He immediately orders the food that he likes while Seung Yeon only ordered pork ribs noodle soup.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want anything else?” he asks.

“I am fine. I am not hungry at all.” She answers quickly.

“You should eat. You’re so thin.” He commands again.

“Can you please stop commanding me with the things that I should and should not do?” She nags again.

“I don’t mean anything! I just want you to eat more. Eat this. And more of this.” He snarls while giving her more food.

“I don’t want to! Just continue with what you’re saying earlier so I can go home.” She sounds irritated.

“I already said everything! Just sign a contract in our company that you will collaborate with me. It’s as simple as that!” he demands.

“I said I don’t want to go into entertainment industry. I tried before but I really can’t. I told you already that I have other plans for myself.” She clarifies.

 

Jong Hyun starts to negotiate:

JH: The company will give you nice pay.

SY: Not interested.

JH: You will get famous!

SY: I don’t want to get famous.

JH: The company will give you nice apartment.

SY: I have an apartment.

JH: But it’s a very expensive apartment in Gangman.

SY: I am comfortable with my small apartment.

JH: You can get a luxury car.

SY: I love walking going to the university.

JH: You can get expensive things, branded bags, clothes.

SY: I am fine with t-shirts.

JH: Okay okay! Let’s stop for now. I can’t eat properly.

 

Jong Hyun tries to think deeply on how he can convince her. He is well aware that these material things will not change her mind to sign a contract in their company, or in any other company. In just a short period of time being with her, he knows she’s someone who stands firm with her decisions and she’s someone who knows what she wants. Aside from being pretty, this side of her makes him more interested with her. She’s not been interested to any other girls for a long time. He tries so hard to hide the wonderful feeling of nervousness whenever he is near her. He thinks Seung Yeon is cute being so angry. He purposely acts bad-tempered over her to convince himself that there’s nothing special with her and tries to deny within himself that he feels nothing towards her. He can’t stop to steal some glances at her while she’s eating.

 

“Just tell me what you want. I will try my best to convince President Han whatever it is. Just sign a contract in our company.” He starts to negotiate again.

“How many times do I have to repeat that my plan is to get a broadcasting job? I want to become a Producer Director or scriptwriter. I don’t want too much attention from the crowd.” She answers.

“But you’re pretty!” he accidentally slips these words from his mouth. “I mean just like other idols you’re also pretty.” He continues trying to escape on his words.

“You don’t understand!” she cries out.

“Then let me understand!” his voice rises again. “Give me one reason why you don’t want to enter in any entertainment company, and then I promise not to bother you again. I will speak to President Han that I agree postponing my album release.” He looks directly in he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter