Welcome

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s quite peculiar for bees like me to not notice a beautiful flower like you.

 

“Hello…” “Hello…” “Oh so pretty!” A bunch of beautiful people awaits and welcomes her inside.

“Samchon!” Harang jumps in the moment they entered the room. Seung Yeon who is left blank and dazed, suddenly wakes up. She thought Jong Hyun is planning something for just the two of them. She is quite relieved that it’s not what she thought but seeing his entire family in front of her is even harder to handle. “So the Mr. & Mrs. Lee checked in here is his parents. You’re such a fool Seung Yeon-ah. How could you think that way?” She silently realizes.

“This is Appa, Eomma, my two noonas and my brother in-law. And of course the birthday girl, my lovely niece Harang.” He kisses Harang on her cheeks after naming everyone one by one. Seung Yeon takes several bows to show her respect to everybody.

“Everyone meet Seung Yeon, my…” he suddenly stops thinking of the perfect word to describe his relationship to her. His heart is beating so fast with all the looks in their faces. Everyone is looking at him with all smiles and waiting for his next words but he can’t open his mouth anymore.

“My sister in-law.” Second sister speaks in breaking the silence as she approaches her for a hug. Eldest sister and Eomma follow for a warm hug. Jong Hyun is speechless. He can only smile from ear to ear seeing his family so happy to meet the first girl he ever introduced to them. Appa and brother in-law also appreciates the beautiful lady in front of them.

 

“Sorry for coming here unprepared like this. I totally didn’t know. I should have at least brought something.” She doesn’t know what to say either. All she can do is apologize for the sudden meeting. She apologizes and takes a 90 degrees bow. Her face is all red now.

“Eey…no need to apologize. Please be comfortable and enjoy yourself here. You’re part of the family now. Put your things first in that room then come back here and let’s eat, okay?” Eomma her on her back.

 

Her world is in total chaos right now. Her heart seems to forget what calmness means; it’s just pounding so hard. She hides a bit inside the room taking her time to let everything sink in. There are actually three rooms in the private villa – one for Eomma and Appa, another for eldest noona’s family and lastly for the second sister where she is currently sharing room. Jong Hyun can just sleep in the sofa. She hears three small knocks in the door.

 

“Are you okay?” Jong Hyun slowly enters approaching her looking at her pale face.

“You can’t be here. You’re parents are outside.” She stops him from entering.

“It’s okay. I just want to check on you. You look really nervous.” He says.

“Do you know how I am feeling right now? How nervous I am? I feel so bad coming here unprepared. It’s Harang’s birthday yet I did not bring anything for her. You should have told me everything. I am really nervous earlier; I can still feel how my legs are shaking…”

 

“Come here.” He cuts her on her ranting and suddenly pulls her into a warm embrace. “Sorry. Please don’t get mad at me.” His left hand is at her back pushing her closer to his stiff body. His right hand is caressing her hair. Again, there is nothing that she can do but surrender sweetly in his arms and let him comfort her nervous feeling.

“But why do you want me to meet them? Why am I here?” she bravely asks inside his warm arms.

“Don’t ask. What’s important is you already

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter