Cold Night

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you tired shouting?” He asks Seung Yeon still standing in front of the door.

“Ya! This is your fault! Why are you just sitting there? Do something!” She complains.

“I think I am older than you! Why are you dropping the honorifics? Aren’t you tired arguing with me?” He teases.

“Guitarist-nim. Please do something. We can’t be here the whole night.” Feeling tired she sits on the other side of the rooftop still complaining on their situation. After a few minutes, she shuts up and looks at Jong Hyun on the other side leaning on the railing with closed eyes.

“Guitarist-nim! Are you sleeping already?” She asks.

“No. I just like quiet places like this. It’s so peaceful. It’s good that you stopped blabbering.” He says.

 

SILENCE…. Neither of them is talking for almost half an hour. As the night deepens, the wind happens to be cooler than expected. He opens his eyes and checks on her but she’s not on the spot where she initially sat. He stands up quickly and checks her on the corner. She’s there sitting in her feet with folded arms. She doesn’t have anything to cover her bare shoulders.

 

“Take this.” He immediately takes off his coat and covers her bare shoulders.

“It’s okay. I am not cold.” She says but her voice sounds like shaking.

“Who says she’s not being cold when her voice trails off. Eeiish. Stop being so stubborn. Just take this.” He insists as he traps it over her shoulders. “The floor is also cold. Sit here.” He continues. He takes off his shoes and positions it in a manner she can sit comfortably.

“But…you’ll be cold too.” She says while looking at his position.

“I still have socks. Give me your feet. Hurry!” he commands.

“Why? Why? What are you going to do?” she hesitates.

“Why are you always thinking that I will do something to you? Do I give off that vibe?” he asks.

“You give off an ahjussi vibe.” She smiles then finally extending both of her feet outside her gown.

“I saw you earlier. You want to sit comfortably but you’re struggling to take this off.” He starts to untangle the straps in her high-heels. She looks at him intensively as he takes off her shoes.

 

The cold wind happens to blow with a roaring sound of thunder from the sky making her stop from watching him. “There were plenty of stars earlier. How come…? She asks looking at the sky. In a split second the rain comes in with heavy drops now pouring in.

 

“Come here. Hurry!” he immediately stands up carrying her shoes and her little purse and runs towards the door with a little excess roof where they can stay.

“Here are your shoes. Your socks will get wet.” She says looking worried.

“But this roof is too little. We’ll still going to get wet. It’s funny that it suddenly rained.” He laughs.

 

Seung Yeon hangs Jong Hyun’s coat in the door knob and suddenly spurts on the open area.

“Seung Yeon-ssi! Come back here!” he protests watching her getting wet.

“I don’t want. You’re also going to get wet just standing there. I want to enjoy this one.” She answers.

“You’re going to catch a cold!” he warns.

“You’re also going to be cold. Look at you. It’s better to get wet happy.” She answers back.

 

Like a little kid, she spreads her arms as she runs towards the other end of the rooftop with her bare foot. She lets little giggles as she playfully dances with the downpour. She spins while holding her long dress and laughs and stomps in puddles as the rain gets heavi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter