Cherry Blossom Date

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Our love is like a time capsule, a safe haven from the rest of the world spinning around us.

 

“I am not saying this for you to lose hope. I am just reminding you. It’s not an easy fight. It’s going to be bloody.” Yong Hwa reminds Jong Hyun.

“This is all my fault. I should have thought about this. I should have kept this feeling for now. I didn’t realize that I am already falling, falling hard.” Jong Hyun remarks sipping his glass of wine.

“Of course this is not your fault. If love knocks on you, no matter how much you shut it down, it will always find a way inside that heart. I can still remember the same problem five years ago.” Yong Hwa continues.

“You’re getting emotional hyung.” Jung Shin jokes around pouring some wine on his glass.

“When I joined that variety show, we were still rookies. Seohyun is the maknae of their group. When the show is coming to an end, I want to give the two of us a try. I knew back then that we can work things out between us. Then we started to see each other privately for almost three months. The funny this is because of tight schedules, we were able to see only twice during that period. When President Han knew about it, it was like cutting the plant on its roots. Shook! Everything disappeared. I woke up one day she’s in front of my unit, crying. She’s not saying anything, just crying. She just hugged me and whispered that she can’t continue seeing me. It’s the decision from our bosses – President Han and SM Entertainment’s CEO. It right? But you know what more? It’s the fact that I did not do anything to win her back because my priority was my career. That’s why I became like this. I became close to President Han because I thought he’s concerned about me and my career. But at the end of the day, after every filming, recording, live concerts, you will feel something is missing. Lesson learned, I should not let my brothers do that stupid thing again. You got it Jong Hyun?” Yong Hwa tells then passes the wine to Jong Hyun. He is not answering. He’s in deep thoughts staring at his wine glass.

 

“Are you drunk hyung? Where is she by the way?” Min Hyuk asks.

“At my room. I let her sleep so she can get some rest.” Jong Hyun says.

“Well I learned from Seulgi that she’s a brave girl. She experienced life troubles at an early stage. But look at where she is now, beside you hyung. You’re such a lucky brat. You must be proud.” Min Hyuk teases him.

“Of course I am. I will do everything to keep her by my side.” He says with a serious tone is his voice. Short but straight.

“Gong Seung Yeon or CNBlue?” Jung Shin tries to lighten up the serious mood.

“Gong Seung Yeon!” He answers without a beat causing laughter to the room.

“You need to get drunk hyung. It’s going to be a lovely night for the two of you. Oh…I am jealous.” Jung Shin continues with his teasing.

“What are you talking about? I am going to sleep here. I am taking your bed. You sleep here in the sofa. Ah wait I will just get my phone in my room. I’ll be back.” Jong Hyun answers as he rushes back to his room. He was surprise to see Seung Yeon already awake, resting her back at the head board of his bed still looking through his window.

 

“Are you okay honey?” He asks sitting in front of her.

“Yes. In fact I had a beautiful dream.” She says with a big smile on her face.

“Tell Oppa. I will listen.” He sounds interested.

“I dreamt of seeing the cherry blossom with you Oppa.” She says as if remembering how beautiful every flower in those trees. He looks right into her eyes and saw how happy she is at that moment, how her eyes turn so bright telling that beautiful dream. This is what happiness means to him, seeing her like a little child enjoying the things she dreamed of. 

 

“Let’s go.” He says pulling her out of the bed cover.

“Where are we going? Wait. I need my coat. And my cap.” She says as he drags her secretly out of the room. He stops by Jong Shin’s room to return his key card.

“Don’t wait for me. We’re going to chase her dreams.” Jong Hyun l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter