3 Seconds

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When we first met, I didn’t want to get involved with anyone. I didn’t have the time or energy and I didn’t think I was ready for it; but you were so good to me and I got swept up in that and little by little, I found myself falling for you.

 

The next few days were even worse. Jong Hyun keeps on avoiding Seung Yeon, same with her. They were totally rocking the “act like total strangers” attitude. They did not have any productive practice at all. They always end up either not talking to each other or fighting. Other CNBlue members were approaching Jong Hyun to be easy on her but he’s been very consistent being cold on her. Seung Yeon also tried to ask if there’s something wrong but he always denies his true emotions.

But this kind of set-up didn’t last until the end of the week, Friday when Jong Hyun discovers something yesterday.

 

Thursday

Baekhyun decided to meet up with Seung Yeon before his scheduled flight tomorrow morning. She hesitated first because she’s still in FNC when Baekhyun called and suddenly remembers Jong Hyun who acts stricter than President Han towards her actions. She immediately runs in President Han’s office and asks for permission if she can let Baekhyun enter the company. President Han doesn’t see any problem on this.

 

“So…what happened with the stubborn Seung Yeon who hates going back in entertainment industry?” Baekhyun teases her as they were sitting on the company pantry.

“It’s a totally different case! I am not here to be an idol. I am a PD Trainee. Look at my I.D!” She sounds defensive.

“So…this is also the reason why you keep on asking if I know someone from FNC. It’s not because Seulgi is dating someone from here. It’s because someone lead you here. Right?” He tries to interrogate her.

“Yah! What are you? A police? Don’t ask too much! I am here because of the PD Trainee job.” She insists.

“Just tell me if someone is making you suffer here. I will totally beat him when I come back in Korea. Even right after my operation, just call me.” He jokes around making her laugh.

 

It’s also the perfect timing when Jong Hyun unintentionally passes by the pantry and notices a happy Seung Yeon with a familiar guy. His eye sharpened like an enemy flashes right before his eyes. Seung Yeon suddenly stops laughing and clears to avoid any misunderstanding with her relationship with Baekhyun. Baekhyun looks behind and notices Jong Hyun slowly making his steps on the coffee maker, like eaves-dropping on their conversation.

 

“You don’t have to hide it. I know you. You blink so fast whenever you’re nervous. Is he the reason why you’re here?”  He asks directly.

“No. But I am collaborating with him over gayegaum.” She says trying to escape from his eyes.

“You said you’re a PD Trainee, why do you have to collaborate with him?” He asks again.

“I totally cannot tell now. I promise to explain after you come back. So please recover soon so we can hang out again, together with Seulgi.” She says.

“Be careful. I can sense that he likes you. I saw the glint in his eyes when he saw me.” He warns her.

 

***********

 

Jong Hyun goes back to CNBlue’s practice room after getting coffee from the pantry. His face cannot be painted – it’s a total mess.

“Is your coffee that bitter?” Min Hyuk mockers him.

“So much bitter! How can she let that guy enter here? What makes me angrier is that she’s laughing!” he burst out his emotions but Min Hyuk is just laughing. “Why? Why are you laughing? If you don’t understand how I feel just go away.” He impends him.

“Hyung, listen to me. I don’t want to see you like that. It’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter