Miserable

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometimes no matter how good the reason why someone left you, it still hurts and you can't deal with it.

 

Colorful lights, noisy and tipsy people, deafening sounds - Lee Jong Hyun finds himself wasting time at the busy club of Gangnam with his drinking buddies Jung Joon Young and Choi Tae Joon. The agony and pain inside him is undeniable. The past few days since she left has been changing him – from a young tough man to an inferior vulnerable man. He still can’t believe Seung Yeon had really left him. Every step getting over her and accepting that she really left burns him from his skin to his bones in every way possible. It’s so deep and aches the most.

 

“Jong Hyun-ah, you don’t usually drink this much. Stop it.” Joon Young snatches away the bottle of beer on his hand.

“Another bottle will not hurt me as much as the pain that I am feeling inside.” He refutes from Joon Young’s hold on his hand.

“You’re still going to drive. Are you trying to kill yourself?” Joon Young raises his voice being impatient on his stubbornness.

“You don’t know what I am going through! Everyone here doesn’t understand the pain of being left alone!” He stands up thinking of giving Joon Young a punch on his face. Luckily Tae Joon is quick enough to hold his body. He is struggling so much like a little kid having tantrums. He suddenly breaks down as tears flow down on his burning cheeks.

 

“When I close my eyes I can still see her beautiful face. When I cover my ears I can still hear her beautiful laugh. When I wet my lips I can still taste her beautiful lips. And if you try to cut my heart out of my chest, it still belongs to her.” He says after sitting on the couch again, running his hand through his messy hair. He begins to sob. Tae Joon and Joon Young are both speechless seeing Jong Hyun like that.

 

“Yah! Where are you going?” Tae Joon asks Jong Hyun as he makes an immediate exit outside the club.

“I will not stop looking for her. I will find her. I can still find her!” He exits the room leaving the two worried about his condition.

 

He switch on his car’s engine and starts to drive somewhere. He doesn’t know we’re he is going. After coming back from Japan, he’s been going back and forth in her apartment building trying his luck that she will come back. She even changed her password so he can’t come inside. Aside from the letter that she left, no one knows her whereabouts – even her family. He pulls over near the restaurant house where he confessed his love for her, reminiscing the bittersweet memories with her. He opens the letter she left to Seulgi carefully folded inside the glove box of his dashboard.

 

When that day comes, I sincerely hope there will be room for you and me.

I hope someday we get to share more of our lives than just exchanging secret glances in the office and running away secretly to have our short vacation together. I hope you will discover that I am more than just a pretty face and I will learn that you are more than just that guy who loves to sing and play guitar. I hope we get to grab that coffee I have been thinking about without minding the people who might caught us dating and just simply spend the whole afternoon actually laughing at each other’s stories because we didn’t realize how good a cup of coffee could get until we had that coffee with one another. I hope you get to learn the nicknames my friends call me and that I could just make one exclusively for you.

I hope someday I’d have the chance to bring you to dinners with my girlfriends and they’ll talk about how lucky I am to have caught you. I hope someday you’ll bring me to one of your awarding ceremonies as your date. I’d be dressed up in a nice cocktail dress and you’d be suited up in that tuxedo, and your fellow artists would tell us how good we look together. And you’d just spend the entire night t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter