Cupid

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seems like everyone is enthusiastic about the dance. Are you girls okay?” MC teases the girls making the guests laugh. “But only one is lucky enough. What’s the name of the lucky girl?” MC asks.

“Gong Seung Yeon” she responds still unable to believe she caught the bouquet. She was very sure that she did not even aimed to catch it but it seems like Hanie launched it directly to her direction making other girls bumped into her spot. Hanie approaches her immediately and hugged her smiling from ear to ear.  

“Unnie…” Seung Yeon acts cutely to Hanie.

“What’s wrong? You’re single. I am not joking when I said earlier that I want you to catch my bouquet. And it’s just a dance. I threw it on that direction then maybe cupid did his part.” Hanie teases her before she goes back to her groom.

“She’s really pretty. Can I take the dance instead, Jong Hyun-ssi?” The guests laugh. “I can’t? Okay, okay. Please come over here in front and take the hand of your beautiful partner.” MC jokes around.

“Everyone, please welcome the bride and the groom on the dance floor together with our new couple. You can join them in a few minutes in the dance floor. It’s party time!” MC continues then leaves dance floor.

 

Viva teases Jong Hyun by pretending to give a shoulder and back massage before leaving his seat. Hanie looks at him and gives him a wink before approaching Seung Yeon. He chuckles seeing his friends like that. Slowly, their distance becomes shorter. Both of them don’t know what to do.  

Looking at her eyes, he extends his right hand to her - formally asking her for the much awaited couple dance like a real prince charming. She looks first in his hand and slowly moves her head up to look in his eyes and reciprocate his gaze. The light suddenly becomes dim. A sweet song starts to play. In an instant the mood becomes romantic.

There’s an unknown kind of electricity the moment she holds his hand - a tingling feeling both of them wants to deny inside from the moment they bumped into each other. Both of them are uneasy. He carefully placed his hands on her waist, silently appreciating how thin it is. Feeling shy and embarrassed, she nervously put her hands on his wide shoulders. Neither can look closely in the eyes.

 

“Are you okay?” he asks in a soft low voice near her ear.

“I did not purposely catch the bouquet! Hanie Unnie launched it towards my direction. I don’t have any other choice but to catch it.” She is stuttering trying to explain herself.

“I was just asking if you’re okay. The girls bumped into you. Why are you acting grumpy again?” He retorts. 

“Becauseyu might think… And you’re looking at me like that…as if you know everything about me!” She trails off in a low voice.

“Because you’re pretty!” he answered real quick making her flustered.

“Stop it! Don’t try to start another war! I wasn’t over yet with my planner.” She warns glaring at him.

“Why are avoiding my stare? I am not that handsome to look at?” he teases once more.

“I said cut it off. You are so annoying! Remember that.” She answers but it makes him smile. “Why are you laughing? Are you laughing at me?” she continues.

 

Indeed it’s the most wonderful feeling for romantic Jong while it’s uncomfortable for fluttered Seung Yeon. Jong Hyun just stares at her face all throughout their dance – appreciating how beautiful her face is. Seung Yeon, on the other hand is still nervous being able to dance so close with a man, making her legs weak. She just looks on the floor most of the time. When a number of people start to join them in the dance floor, she said good bye to Jong Hyun and they go back to their tables. She takes her purse and immediately goes outside the reception, looking for some fresh air.

 

Fifteen minutes passed and Jong Hyun notices that Seung Yeon is not back yet on her table. He goes outside to look for her. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter