Love serve

Jongsica & SHINee generation :Best Place

 

It was the day.

Yuri spun around and took a last look at herself. She forced a smile and watched her pitful reflection.

Sure, she knew she was pretty. But why was she still so miserable? 

How would tonight go? She didn't know what to feel.

" Are you ready yuri? " she heard Sooyoung calling out for her.

" Yeah, I'll be there in a minute " she replied back. 

And for the one last time, she looked at the girl in the mirror.

Feel beautiful Yuri, no matter what happens tonight. She told herself and stepped out from her room.

--

Quickly, they arrived sooner than she had hoped. Her feet stayed stubbornly rooted to the ground outside his doorstep. She didn't have the courage to step in. Jessica gave her hand a little squeeze, assuringing her that it was gonna be alright. She smiled back with gratefulness. The girls nodded too.

The door opened as soon as they rang it and Minho stood there infront of her.

The happiest smile came onto his face for the longest time it had disappeared.

" Hey.. I.. I mean.. please come in! " he said, intended to everyone but ended up only to Yuri. His eyes were locked on her. He was more than happy that she's here, he didn't even know where to begin.

" Here" Yuri quickly and quitely pushed a box over to him.

" What's this? " he looked down at it questionably.

" Your birthday cake. " she said, eyes still looking away from him. Minho turned up and smiled at her. It was soft and gentle. He loved it. He was touched, more than he ever though he would be.

" She baked it herself f.y.i~ " Sooyoung conveniently added in as Yuri tried to hide her smile.

" Really? Wow... thank you... so much.. " he was beaming so much right now. " Let me just bring this to the kitchen, " he finally snapped out of his happiness. 

Soon enough, he returned back as the girls began pushing Yuri towards him. She couldn't believe how well this was turning out to be. 

But of course, things could never be perfect. Not with Amy.

" Happy birthday Minho! " a perky voiced blasted into the peaceful quiteness. Amy entered through the door.

Yuri tensed, then turned to face Jessica, suddenly terribly annoyed. Minho felt it, and he didn't know what to do about it.

Instead, he stood there receiving her over friendly hug, eyes glued onto the back of Yuri's head till Jonghyun cleared his throat and salvage the situation. Jessica realized the boys had reached already and quickly moved to his side, giving him a thankful look.

" Let's watch some TV while the birthday boy set up the table shall we? " he suggested earnestly. His hands tugged at his girlfriend's who shortly joined in the persuasion.

" Yeah! I bought snacks! " Jessica raised a bag that contained chips and gummies.

With that, Yuri was the first to take a step out and the rest soon followed in. 

--

 

" So how's the situation with you and the girls? " Onew asked with a concerned tone as both of them prepared glasses to bring out.

" Which one? " Minho haven't been looking the brightest ever since Yuri arrived, and no one could blame him why. He was actually happy that she was here, but something tells him that she wasn't as delighted as he had expected her to be. Maybe it was Amy but still, he didn't understand why the girls couldn't just get along.

" Both, but let's start with Yuri since that's the obvious one that I care more about," Onew added on as he urged Minho to speak up the seemingly heavy thoughts in his head. Even his shoulders were stiff and hard from all the stress. 

Minho rested his two outstretched arms on the counter as his body leaned forward, head down and heaved out a loud sigh.

" I don't know what I'm supposed to do to make it right.. I mean.. I really miss her and I wanna be with her. But sometimes I just wish she would just talk to me and tell me what exactly is the problem so that we can work it out instead of just avoiding me like that. You know, like I just wish she could be here for me everyday like how Amy is.. " Minho finished and looked up at Onew. 

" If she's not coming to you then you'll need to go to her " 

" I did but she ran away "

" Well then chase "

" Will it be worse? "

" I don't know, but i don't see how it's getting any better with you standing here and doing nothing about it " Onew shrugged his shoulders and smirked. He put a hand over Minho's shoulder, patting his back for encouragement. 

" What about Amy? " Minho had to admit, he did feel terrible about her. Leaving her just like that, afterall these while that she had spent her time and attention on him. He knew he would have and should have appreciated it more but somehow it wasn't easy taking his mind off Yuri for even a split second. He wished he could have given back more to her. But then again, he shouldn't waver. He knew that Yuri was the one he wanted to be with. He looked up at Onew once again, searching for some sort of confirmation that would tell him that he's doing the right thing.

"You know just because her face is pretty doesn't mean her personality is equally appealing",

Minho's lips curled into a comforting and relived smile.

" Come on hyung she's not that bad.. " he joked as they both gathered the glasses and headed back to the dining room.

" But Yuri's better isn't she? " Onew reasoned back.

" True that " Minho nodded.

--

Back at the living room, the atmosphere have spiralled into one that is more awkward and most certainly uncomfortable than Jonghyun had planned out to be. With Yuri and Amy threatening to tear each other apart through their intense glaring, everyone else felt helpess but nevertheless, compelled to save the situation.

" Why are you here? " Amy asked not so sweetly. She was sick of it. Even of pretending to be the nice girl, she had enough of this . If she wasn't gonna step up her game she knew she would lose out to Yuri soon.

" Why can't I be here? " Yuri shot back.

Amy hated to admit it. But painfully, she found out that this was his girlfriend. But it didn't matter, because she was about to replace her anyway.

" I heard that you guys broke up, you have no reason to be here. " Amy said piercingly. Yuri felt it going right through her heart.

" He told you that? " Yuri suddenly questioned back. Her heart was pounding faster and faster. They were tearing apart too.

" He might, " Amy smirked. 

" Or he might not have. " she finished her line with no intention to continue the conversation because she knew she had already won.

It just took one lie to tear you apart huh? Amy knew this Yuri was nothing compared to her.

Before anything could get worse, Minho entered the living room, he had been busy helping his mum with the boys that he had left the girls alone for awhile. Returning now, he sense the tension and he knew it was definitely a bad idea to leave them alone.

"Hey.. so are you guys having fun? " he tried his best.

Taeyeon shot him a ' WHAT DO YOU THINK!? ' look. He understood what she meant.

" Um yuri.. could you help me with some stuff.. uh at the kitchen? " he offered Yuri. But unlike before, she didn't look happy anymore.

More than ever, she looked pissed.

Seriously pissed.

She got up. And she didn't wait for him. Instead, she stomped out, leaving minho to trail after her. Amy watched with her eyes burning at what he was doing. Determined to go after them, she got up quicky but felt a strong arm pulling her back. 

" GET YOUR DIRTY HANDS OFF ME ! " she suppressed her scream.

" No. You will seat here and not interrupt them, "

" why should i? " Amy's eyes glared back at the girl that was gripping her harder and stronger than before. She was starting to feel the pain inflicted on her.

" Because I will make you do it. And i will hurt you if you don't. " Seohyun spoke authoratatively. 

--

 

" Look, don't run away again please, you can't just avoid me okay? For God's sake Yuri, I'm your boyfriend! Don't keep things from me! " Minho told her as he grabbed her two shoulders. He was careful not to exert too much energy, just enough to keep her still but not so much to crush her.

" What do you want? " she shot back.

" I want us back together as before ! Look tell me what's up now.I know i was wrong about shouting at you before so i apologized, and I'm sorry i made you feel like i liked Amy but I've also told you that she didn't matter, what else do I have to do now?!" he said in frustration.

" What you have to do? " Yuri huffed. " You don't have to do anything if you didn't even know what you did wrong in the first place. AND LET ME GO! " she flinched off.

And out of nowhere, Amy appeared. It took much effort but luckily minho's mother came into the living room otherwise she could never have gotten out from seohyun's feriously control.

God, not now. Minho wanted to shout out.

" Hey guys.. I thought i saw you two coming out here so I thought I should just check on you two-" she trailed off as she saw what was happening.

" Oh gosh, why are you holding Yuri like that? Is she in pain?! " she covered .

" Yeah, please just leave us alone will you? " Minho told her coldly. 

" Okay.. are you guys okay? I mean.. people might get the wrong idea if they see you two like that.. " she said in a matter-of-fact voice. After all, Minho was gonna be hers and she can't afford to let people think otherwise.

" What wrong idea? Amy, the whole world knows except you. Yuri IS my girlfriend okay? She's MY GIRLFRIEND, " he told her, voice growing louder till it ended as a shout. Amy was stunned.

But Yuri couldn't be bothered to entertain anyone anymore.

" EX-girlfriend, " she snapped as she flung out of his hold and walked off.

" Wait! " minho tried to reach her but Amy stopped him.

" No, let her go Minho, " she pleaded him. She didn't want him to go after her.

Minho ignored her. She grabbed him again. This time, it was painful and hard.

" Please, she'll only become angrier, you need to give her sometime alone, trust me I'm a girl. She will hate it if you bother her now, " 

Minho turned and looked at her. As if deciding whether to trust her, then he let go of her arm and fixed his shirt.

" okay then.. " 

" good, now, let's go back inside before your parents gets suspicious shall we? " Amy smiled.

--

Storming back, Yuri headed straight for the kitchen. Even if it wasn't her own house she demanded the right to be where the owner of the house wasn't gonna be at. She hated his guts. How he was being such a complete idiotic . 

Almost automatically, she forced the fridge opened as she swiftly pulled out ice water to cool herself down. Pouring furiously, Yuri gulped down the water faster than she think she could even swallow.

Great. This is just great. Here I am, standing in your birthday party with a ing cake that I baked just for you. And there you are, ruining the last chance I'm giving you. And of course, the ing Amy is here to ruin the party. This is just great.

Yuri was exploding in her own head. Just when she had finally calmed herself down, she caught a glimpse of what seemed to be Minho and Amy through the hallway together.

together.

Yuri watched from the kitchen, her hands gripping the granite counter so hard she felt as though she could snap it like gingerbread. Amy was saying something to Minho, he glanced up at her, almost uninterested before turning his head towards her direction.

She looked away immediately.

" Are you sure I shouldn't go talk to her? She looks upset.. " Minho asked again, maintaining his attention on Yuri. She was looking down, her body was slouching over the counter. He could tell she was really mad at him. God, what have he done again.

" Yes, trust me. She needs to be alone. " Amy reassured him firmly, her arms tugged at him to move on.

" You shouldn't be holding boys that are already taken you know, " Key's voice broke out of nowhere. Amy flinched as she spotted him approaching them from behind. Sooyoung's hands that were in his squeezed him a little, reminding him to keep his level under control.

" Hey, " Minho looked over at the couple. " you're a little late hyung but thanks for coming, " he added .

He quickly walked towards Yuri. Her head was still down but she could hear his footsteps drawing closer to her.

God, what do you want now Choi Minho?

He was near now. She heard him prying the fridge opened.

" Water to cool us down, maybe? " He suggested stupidly, just like the idiot he had been for the whole night, or maybe week.

She didn't reply.

Instead, Yuri walked out of the kitchen almost at once, leaving Minho to pour his glass of water in the immaculate kitchen.

--

" Let's gather for dinner now! " Minho's mother called out for everyone. Slowly, the kids began making their way across the table, spreading to the various seats and settled down quickly.

They said their prayers and began passing around the food.

" So nice to see all of you here, you know I'm so thankful that our boy have such wonderful and lovely friends like you all, " she continued on.

" Okay mum, let's just eat please.. " Minho replied shyly. The last thing he needed was for his mum to talk throughout dinner and possibly embarrassing him with awkward things that she was gonna say.

" Alright alright darling, don't get so worked up now.. I was just afraid your friends might feel uncomfortable, " she smiled at Yuri. 

--

Everyone began eating and to no one's surprised, it was delicious.

" The food tastes great, who prepared all these? " Taeyeon asked in her ever so adorable voice.

" Ah that would be Minho. He insisted on cooking " Minho's dad mentioned and laughed casually. Everyone looked over at Minho, pleasantly surprised and very much impressed.

" If you can cook like that then why do you make me cook all the time?! " Key bursted out almost at once. The table laughed in response as Minho shush him.

And everything was going well and normal till out of nowhere, it happened.

" So, since all your friends are here I just wanna know for sure that you haven't been secretly dating behind our backs. We can trust you right ? ", Mr.Choi asked as he wiped his mouth clean. He haven't realized everyone stiffening in their seats immediately. Mrs.Choi looked over at her son apologetically, but half pityfully as well. She wanted so much to save him, to let him know that it was alright.

Yuri looked at Minho for the first time in the whole night. 

He laughed dismissively, inappropriately. " Well, you know.. I've been busy practicing for my debut.. "

Minho cleared his throat, trying to steer himself out of the situation. But the air was tensed now.

" It's not important anyway is it? Yuri, do you want more salad? " Minho offered. Yuri turned away.

" No thanks, " she mumbled with her head down as she continued eating. A few seconds of awkward silence followed. 

" So .. " Amy broke the atmosphere. Then she began with her stories in America and for once, Yuri was glad to hear her speak. Jessica sent an encouraging look over at Yuri while the rest of the girls looked over with equally concerned expression.

Yuri felt a lump of self-pity forming in , a pool of shamed tears gathering at the back of her eyes and clenched her fork and spoon tight. Her food congealed on the plate, almost untouched.

He was too ashamed to let people know about her.

--

As everyone began leaving, Minho tried to catch Yuri's eyes. But everyone, especialy him should know better that it wasn' possible now. Or ever.

Jessica walked over and placed a hand on his shoulder. He felt even more guilty than before. He knew all of them must hate him now.

" Nuna, I'm sorry.. " he could only say that as he turned to face her. True to his prediction, she looked just as disappointed and angry as he expected. He couldn't blame her.

" You have 5 minutes to make it right, just 5 minutes, " she said coldly before turning away.

" Thank you " he said after her, but he was sure she didn't hear though Jessica knew how much this favor meant to him already.

Jonghyun came up to his side.

" That's my girl " he did a pretend shot gun to Jessica. 

" It's all you now " Jonghyun told Minho finally. He nodded in reply with a slight smile.

--

" Hey yuri I think i left my purse inside the house could you help me get it please please? I need to pass something to Jonghyun right now so I'm just gonna walk and catch up with the rest first yeah? Thank you ! " Jessica told Yuri before running front in her heels. Yuri knew she didn't have a choice. 

Turning around, she began walking back into Minho's house. She walked up to his door painfully. She took a deep breath and knocked.

Minho opened it.

" Oh hey.. " he was shocked. Woah, jessica really do know her ways with Yuri huh.

" I'm just here to get Jessica's purse, " Yuri said looking down.

" Oh but.. I just cleaned up and i'm sure no one left anything behind.. " he said and quickly closed the door behind him. He remembered what his mum told him after dinner.

" Don't bother about your father, I'll talk to him about it and he'll understand okay? Just do what you need to. I want you to be happy. You're all grown up now. "

Yuri suddenly realized what this was all about. She immediately spun around and almost ran back.

" Hey wait! I wanna talk to you! " Minho jogged after her. His hands reached out to grab her one last time before she hit the cold street. She stopped.

 

Then she turned around and regard him with a blank, perplexed gaze.

" I'm sorry, I know what I said back there was wrong but I just want you to know that I love you with everything I have every.. cell in my body and I won't let you go because of anything. I know it's been rough for us lately but maybe this is precisely what we need to bring us even closer. Okay? Let's get this through together and never be apart again. I don't care about Amy or my father or anything else. I just need you to know that I love you and I will change and love you the best I can from now. Don't listen to what others have to say because they don't matter. Be with me Yuri, please"

She stood there stone cold. His words had melted her. But she was too hurt and tired to try. She didn't know what was the right chocie to make. Her heart was crying so badly.

--