One more chance

Jongsica & SHINee generation :Best Place

" What're you gonna do now? " Krystal asked her sister.

Jessica's eyes were b with hot tears. Krystal's heart sank. She didn't know her sister was going to get this hurt. She suddenly felt like she could turn back time to change everything.

" Hey look.. you know I'm always so busy and tired with practice these days. You know maybe I really did messed up the date and told you..-"

" Come here Krystal, " Jessica pulled her baby sister into a hug. That was what she desperately needed right now.

" You're such a sweet girl you know that? And that's why I love you so much. You always see the good in everyone even though it doesnt exist. He's blaming you for it and you're still protecting him. You can't always do that Krystal. You're gonna get hurt someday.. like me. So don't make the same mistake as me okay? " Jessica said.

Krystal was feeling even worse now.

God, what have I done?

--

It was an emergency. Taeyeon and Tiffany had called for the boys to come over that to solve the crisis at hand. So with the exception of Jonghyun, who was kept out from the girls' dorm for his best interest ( in case Jessica was going to kill him with any sharp objects she sees because everyone knew no one should ever mess with the ice princess), the boys had gathered quickly at the girls' living room later that night. 

" I'll go prepare some food ",  Tiffany offered and got up. Onew followed almost immediately like a puppy and headed into the kitchen.

As everyone gathered in a circle, Hyo yoen began wheeling out a mini white board. 

" What is this.. are we in a therapy session or something? " Key said. Then he continued with a mocking voice, " Hi I'm Kim Kibum and I'm an alcoholic " Taemin laughed as some of the girls did so too.

Sooyoung hit Key and hushed him. 

" Hey this is a serious issue okay! We need a strategy! " Hyo yoen shot back at him. 

" Whatever.. where is this problematic girl anyway? I should at least say hi to Noona since i'm here right ",

" She's sleeping already, and she wont be awake anytime soon, " Taeyeon replied.

Hyo yoen threw a pillow at Key to get his atttention back.

" So.. this is our problem" as she spoke, Seohyun stood by and quickly wrote on the board to aid the point.

" Then here is our barrier, " seohyun drew a stick person and labelled it krystal.

" So, how shall we solve this? " 

Everyone broke into a heat of discussion as all sorts of plans started coming out. " YAH YAH! you kids need to learn how to raise your hands before you talk!! " 

Back in the kitchen, Tiffany was carefully cutting the fruits and vegetables. Onew sat on the counter as he watched her in amazement. He looked at her delicate hands then studied her focused expression and smiled. There was just something about watching your girlfriend cook that makes you happy.

Tiffany laughed while she was still cutting the apples. " Why do you keep looking at me? " 

Onew shrugged his shoulders. " I don't know.. I just like watching you cook. It's quite fascinating " he smiled.

She looked up with a mildly clueless expression, " Fascinating? How? " 

Onew was about to answer when he saw what was happening. 

" Ouch! " Tiffany yelped softly as she withdrew her finger out quickly.  Onew carefully guided her to the tap and gently place her cut fingers under the running water.

" Silly.. are you always this clumsy? You should be more careful next time.. you might chop your fingers off next time, fany-ah " he mumbled as he examined the cut.

Tiffany looked over at his face with adoring eyes. She loved how he was so concerned even though it was just a small cut. 

" I'm fine.. relax " she laughed. Carefully and slowly, Onew managed to apply the medicine and wrap her finger in no time. She was  quite surprised at this. " Wow, i didn't expect you to be so good at this ! " 

He looked up and smirked, then he spoke with a comical tone," I bet you didn't know that your boyfriend was so cool huh? "

She broke into a small laugh at the cute sight of her boyfriend being silly." What was that? " 

" It's a impersonation I've been practicing, it's good right? " 

" Yeah.. well, pretty impressive I must say, " she looked at her bandage finger. " Ahh.. this is so ugly" She sighed.

" No! it's not! Look it's pink, it's your favourite colour " he pointed at the plaster and they both laughed at the same time at his discovery. He examined her bandaged fingers for a short while then he looked over to his right to search for something. 

" What're you looking for? " she tried to peek but he used a hand to cover her eyes. She tried pulling away but he kept blocking again and again till she just gave up. 

He laughed and said in his warm voice, " just stay there with your eyes closed.. I'll tell you when to open them ". 

She was dying to know what he was up to !

" Okay! You can open your eyes now ! " Tiffany pried them open slowly and found his finger right infront of her. 

" Look! Now we have a couple bandage! " Onew had wrapped another identical pink plaster on his finger too. She burst out into giggles as he held her finger up and put it beside his.

" Couple rings are so boring don't you think? Isn't it better like that? " 

"But I have to take it off someday ! "

" Well then.. I'll keep this on my finger with you till your wound recovers then I'll buy us a couple ring? " He made a deal with her. He looked at her face, studying for a reply.

" Didn't you say couple ring is boring? "

" But I don't have a choice do I? I can't let you keep the plaster on forever.. it won't match your clothes right? " he trailed off and they both began laughing again. Even if his jokes and whatever he said never seemed to come out funny, she didn't mind. It still made her laugh anyway.

He held her hand in his for awhile as they both were quiet. She was grinning like a stupid kid again for the 1000th time since they both stepped into the same kitchen. She still couldn't quite believe her luck. How could this adorable and caring boyfriend love me so much?

" Okay.. so now you just sit here now and I'll do everything, " Onew said as he began turning around cluelessly, seemingly confused about everything. 

" Pabo, the bowl's on the left" 

" Oh i know that ! Don't worry you just stay there and remain calm. I've got it under control ! " He raised his two arms up and did a "hwighting" motioned. She giggled as he turned around and continued clumsily, though putting in a great deal of effort. 

--

Onew and Tiffany returned to the living room where the discussion was becoming louder and louder. Taeyeon was trying to calm everyone down, Seohyun was scribbling on the white board furiously with an incredible speed, hyo yoen was just shouting, taemin was flipping through the channels for cartoons, sunny was frowning as she talked, minho and yuri were cuddled up in a corner rebutting whatever sunny was saying, yoona was laughing as key and sooyoung seemed to be argueing with the rest. Finally for once, the two were agreeing on something and actually working together to argue with someone else. Tiffany laughed and began to make space for the food.

Onew helped her to place all the bowls of fruit salads around and everyone began crawling towards it. 

Minho noticed the pink plaster on Onew's finger and began cracking up with Yuri.

" What is that ugly looking thing doing on your finger? " key frown in disapproval at Onew then he saw Tiffany's finger, he wanted to roll his eyes, or wait, he did. "Great, there's two of it ".

" Be nice will you? It's cute! At least they have a couple thing.. " Sooyoung growled at Key. In reply, Key immediately raised the fork up and began force feeding Sooyoung non-stop. " What's there to be jealous about!?" he complained.

"Don't I treat you well too?! I can do all that couple too! But it's just.. " 

" Just what? " she whined with the food full in . Key reached out to wipe a spot at the corner of her lips. 

" It's.. not my style! " Everyone was laughing now, there's always something about these two that cracks people up.

--

As discussed, the girls had spent the weekend trying to convince Jessica and talking her into her senses. And it did seem to be paying off because Jessica's mood had lightened up and she seemed to have forgiven jonghyun just a little bit. Krystal had also told her that she might have mixed up the date herself which did help too. Perhaps she was just being unreasonable, she thought.

--

" Hey! Still thinking about it? " Sunny popped into her room and flopped into her bed.

" Yeah.. I guess". She let out a sigh. " How about you? Any progress with Sungmin oppa? 

" Oh don't even talk about it. He's completely blind to everything except s. He didn't even notice I changed my hairstyle! " Sunny complained as she crossed her arms.

" Did you try talking to him today? " 

" Yes, i had to pretend to walk into him at the corridor to get that chance! " Jessica laughed at her. She slipped into her bed and lied beside sunny.

" hey do you think he's serious about me? " She wondered. She really did.

" Well, it's no harm giving him another try".

-- 

Finally monday came, everyone crossed their fingers and hoped for the best.

" Look yuri I can explain! " Minho pleaded Yuri desperately as she was crying uncontrollably. They were standing in the hallway and it was awkward.

He tried to reach out to her but she flung his hand out harshly before burying her face in her palms as she continued sobbing.

By now there was a large crowd gathered by the hallway as everyone elbowed each other in attempt to get a peak of what was going on.

" It's minho and yuri! They're arguing over something, sounds like she caught him cheating on her!! " 

" But that's crazy!!! who would cheat on yuri? That's impossible !! "

" OMG it must be one of them!! I hate the 9 girls seriously!! "

" Shut up ! you're just jealous! But yuri noona deserves better! She should have just stuck with me! "

" Trying to seize the opportunity now you bastard? Give it up! Noona is mine! " 

" Yah!! Girls, if this can happen to kwon yuri it can happen to anyone of us!! "

" stop over reacting! Minho oppa is not that kind of person! It can't be true! It must be some kind of a misunderstanding! "

Irritated and bothered by the overwhelming noise coming from the trainees, Minho turned around and shouted at the top of his lungs, " Please! Give us some privacy ! " 

Everyone shut up. They were afraid and shocked. But no one moved.

" Look it's nothing! You know I'll never do that to you! okay you have to trust me! " he said, trying to coax her.

Instead, she looked up and yelled at him, " You liar! You're a liar! I saw it with my own eyes! Don't you deny it! " 

Minho wanted to cry now. 

" Please no no, look at me okay? What you saw wasn'-"

" Wasn't what? I saw it okay I did! " She screamed back.

Then finally, he pulled her into a tight hug. She threw a fit and tried to pried herself out of him but it was to no avail, he was too strong.

WIth a quivering voice, she said, " Is 10 minutes over yet? " 

Minho pulled his wrist up and took a glance at his watch.

" Yup almost now. " 

Immediately, Yuri pulled out of his hug and face everyone.She began wiping her tears away and her voice was bright and cheery now. " Hey guys we were just practicing ! Don't mind us! Please go back to your practices now! " 

The crowd burst into a loud commontion as everyone complained and rolled their eyes. Minho just laughed as he stepped up to hug yuri from the back.

" You were sooo scary just now you know? " 

She smiled as her hands trailed down to hold his. " Then don't you dare cheat on me! "

" I won't! Of course not, man those two better be making up, that was so embarrassing! " Minho said.

" CHOI MINHO! KWON YURI! " A stern voice called out. Immediately, they both flung out of each other's hold and began bowing 90 degrees profusely at the teacher as they began running into their dance studio.

--

He had been in here for about 8 minutes now but there was no sign of anyone. Then the door made a sound.

Jonghyun spun around as Jessica entered the empty room.

" Sorry I was lat- " she looked up. And saw Jonghyun.

" Hey.. " he greeted her in a weak voice. He examined her expression. An equally weak smile came upon her face. He was surprised she wasn't stomping off right after seeing his face.

" hey.. " she replied. Although what the girls said did make sense, plus all the thinking she's been doing after she had cooled down, she was still a skeptical and a little angry.And it also doesn't mean he shouldn't try to make up for it.

" Look.. you know I'm really sorry okay? I shouldn't have raised my voice like that at you or krystal.. whoever fault it is I don't care. I will take the blame for all of it. I swear it will never happen again. I'm really sorry Jessica. " he looked at her. Her face was conjuring up an expression.

She opened , " It's ok- " 

" HEY! " Krystal chirped as she entered the room. " Why is it so empty? " 

Jonghyun closed his eyes and threw his head back to suppress a loud angry groan. Why is she always in the way?

Before they could say anymore, the rest of the trainees had begun streaming in. Jessica wanted to tell him that it was alright, it was fine. She was ready to forgive him. But before she could even look back to check on him, another voice caught her attention.

" Jessica! " Jaejoong called out.

" Oppa! Wait, why are you here? Don't you have schedule? " she was puzzled. Everyone in the room had turned their attention to them now. Suppressed screamings and chatter could be heard now. Everyone was going crazy. It was Jaejoong! Talking to jessica, now the rumors are never going to stop. 

" it ended early today so I thought I should drop by. Anyway I've talked to the vocal coach and he told me that i could help you with pitching so shall we get started? " Jaejoong eyes were full of sparkles.

" Oh.. Okay.. I guess, " Jessica smiled at him and turned around to meet Jonghyun's eyes. She tried to call out for him again but krystal had appeared by his side. Seeing how her sister's eyes brightened up and came alive when it set on Jonghyun, she simply turned away. She didn't want to ruin her sister's happiness.

" Give it up oppa, i know that smile. Only jaejoong oppa can make her smile like that. She's forgiven him and they're probably gonna getting back together. " Krystal hated how she wanted so badly to win Jonghyun over. She knew she was hurting her sister but it was difficult to control herself too.

Jonghyun turned and look at krystal, " Give it up Krystal,you're no Jessica, not even near. " He replied with a piercing glare.

--

Key took his plate to the dining table and called the rest of the boys to join in.

Lying on the table was a box of chocolates with pink ribbon laced around. There was a note. He opened it.

--

To: Minho

Baby I'm sorry I ate your chocolate. Please don't be angry, i'll see you in your room tonight xoxo

Kisses,

Jonghyun.

--

" WHAT THE ?! " he looked up at Minho who was laughing.

" Oh god please tell me that this is some kind of a sick joke, because i might really throw up if you're serious " Key continued on as his eyes trailed on Jonghyun.

" Chill, I was just kidding.. " Jonghyun laughed and began eating.

" So how did it go just now?" Onew asked as he ate.

" I don't know man.. she did seem a little less upset but still kinda mad at me. And krystal just had to come in halfway. And Jaejoong that-"

" Sunbae" Taemin politely reminded him.

" Whatever.. I'm not gonna someone who treats Jessica that way with such respect ", Jonghyun raised his voice before calming down and continued. " that bastard came and took Jessica away.. he's really irritating. " 

 "Hyung, you seriously have to make up with her soon, think about what me and yuri went through for you guys! " Minho complained.

" Oh yeah.. thanks for that.. I heard you guys really overdid it " jonghyun laughed.

" But I think she's still angry.. are you planning to cheer her up? You know you could take her out to  shopping.. " Taemin pointed out, trying to redeem himself as the hopeless romantic maknae.

" I'm not key and she's not into that.. I don't know I'll think of something" Jonghyun began searching his head for ideas and recalling what Jessica likes. But nothing seems to come into mind. 

He sigh and continued poking his food. It was really hard to eat knowing that she was still angry with him. 

 

--

Note: Thank you for subscribing & commenting! :) Really appreciate it ! It makes me very happy and encourages me to write moreee :)