How I met your friend

Jongsica & SHINee generation :Best Place

It was just one of those days, late saturday mornings that Yuri hated to wake up to. Because Saturday would mean that she had to stay home and come down to help her father with his work. She didn't entirely hate furnitures, she just didn't like doing business with them. 

So it was supposed to be just like any other ordinary lazy day that she dreaded the most of the week ( she could never had imagine it would grow to be her most favorite one), Yuri came hopping down the stairs in her pajamas. Her hair, as usual, was in a crazy bedraggled style. In her hands was her beloved hamster, Benny. 

" Daddyy Benny is getting too big for his house now! Poor him! I think I need a new house for him soon! " She said, patting her cute little pet before looking up. Meeting her eyes, a young tall boy was staring back at her. He seemed a little shocked, or more surprised to see her. 

" And who are you?", she frowned and questioned the boy. But he wasn't intimidated. He was cool and calm.

" Be nice to him Yuri! He's the new boy working for me !" Yuri's dad hung his arm around Minho.

" Hey I'm Minho " he smiled politely and bowed. Yuri realized the mess she was in and began having a mini panic attack.

" Oh.hh hi I'm yuri. " She forced a smile. Oh no please don't look at my ugly uncombed,messy and scruffy hair!!

" Oh by the way Minho goes to SM too, haven't you seen him around before? Take a closer look at him! It's not easy to miss such a handsome face ! " Her dad commented. But sadly, he didn't seem to make any impression on her. No registration. Well, she didn't want to brag but with so many younger boys coming after her, she didn't have time to even notice anyone, let alone this quiet boy. Why isn't he saying anything? Just staying there like a statue.. no wonder my dad likes you.. you're just like a furniture.

" Come on dad there's so many trainees how could I possibly know everyone! " She said before turning up to climb the stairs, truth was, she wanted to run up and crawl back into her bed embarrassed now. Great, now this random minho is probably gonna go back and tell all the boys about her ugly pajamas and the crazy hair! 

Minho was amused. He noticed that a red roller was stuck at the top of her head but she didn't seem to realize that. But he didn't want to embarrass her, so instead, he pretended it wasn't there.

As days went by, Yuri would spend every saturday working with Minho and her dad. And despite being young, she had to admit that she was quite impressed with the level of his efficiency and professionalism. Even though all she saw was Minho walking in and out of her huge garage, probably fixing more furnitures. Still, there was an air of manliness in that white tshirt and jeans that was always soaked with sweat. The look on his face when he was focused on working, everything about it was quite.. well.. attractive. But not that much, she would always tell herself and shrugged it off.

It was only 3 months later when it was raining heavily outside and Yuri decided to hang around in the garage did they really got to know each other. 

Minho was fixing a huge shelf when she entered. She had a jug of cold lemonade in her hands. 

" Hey.. wanna take a break?" She offered out of friendliness. He thanked her politely with a smile and began helping himself to it. Meanwhile, Yuri walked around and explored her huge garage that she never really noticed before. Funny now how Minho was so much closer to her dad than she was. Well, she wouldn't exactly put it like that.It was more like her dad her grown to love Minho so much like he was a son. 

" Wow how do you even fix this?" She was amazed, and curious at the same time. It's amazing what this boy could do.. 

" It's not that difficult actually let me show you, " he got up and began explaining. Before they knew it, they were chatting about everything else including themselves. It was fun and just comfortable. Much to her surprise, he wasn't all boring and quiet like he looked. Infact, this boy was quite fun to be with ! He's actually pretty funny and even cheeky when he opened up. And from there, it became a more frequent routine to chat and play around in the garage. As the holidays drew near, Minho would come in to work more frequent and her dad would ask him to stay for dinner. It had seemed that he was becoming busier because he would spend most of his time in the garage and not come out till it was really necessary. 

Being a girl, Yuri's dad didn't allow her to go in there so she had to sneak in after 8pm when her dad was off to watch tv and Minho was still working on something. As time went by, she haven't realized that she had grown to look forward to spending time with him. She didn't care if her hair was ugly, she loved how she could be with him in her 10 year old looking pajamas and uncombed hair and still feel comfortable. She never had that feeling with any guy.

From time to time, Minho would asked her about what girls like, what girls want perhaps because he didn't have much female friends and he didn't have a sister.

Out of curiosity, Yuri asked him why he was so curious about girls one day. He simply shrugged his shoulders. 

" I don't know.. just curious? There's no why.."

" Yeah right.. you like someone don't you? And you're just asking me because you wanna know what she likes and wants! " Yuri pointed questionably at him, Minho pushed her finger away and tried to walk off.

" Don't run away! I'm right aren't I?" She began pestering him. He covered his mouth with the back of his hand and laughed. She loved that. It was one of those cute things about him that she go crazy for.

" Who is she? " 

" Come on go up to your room! Your dad said he's coming back to check on me soon! " 

" Do i know her?"

" Go up noona.."

" you know i hate it when you call me noona! " She pouted.

" okay okay i'm sorry alright yuri? But please just spare me from all this and go up to your room! " He said while pushing her to the door. She spun round.

" Okay but answer me one thing; do I know her?" she waited for the answer. Her heart was pounding so hard and fast.

" Yeah, you know her best" was his reply. 

She remembered smiling like an idiot and stumbling back to her room. Minho didn't have a lot of female friends, or at least those that she knew "best". It could only mean one thing. But Minho didn't seem to know how she feels. Because to him, she was always that popular "9 goddesses of SM" who had boys all over after her and not caring about a random Choi Minho at all. 

All her plans of asking him to choose her outfit for her dates were meant to make him jealous. But instead, it never seemed to bother him. He simply remained calm like he always was and gave her his honest opinion. 

But it's alright, it's all about to change when he knew just how she feels about him too.

--

Yuri paused her storytelling as they passed by a convenience store. She was becoming thirsty from all the talking too. It was getting a little cold outside and they needed something to warm themselves up. Onew had his blazer covering Tiffany and his hands wrapped around her shoulders to keep her warm all the day. It was small little things like these that melts her heart all the time.

" Let's get something warm to drink, " Onew led her by the hands into the store as the couple proceeded to choose their drinks. Jonghyun seized the chance to grab Jessica's hands but she quickly shook it off.

" What's wrong! " he demanded an answer like a little kid. She wanted to laugh at the dino raging infront of her, he was really quite adorable when he's throwing a tantrum like a small boy. She pretended to pull a straight face and walked away cooly. Jonghyun continued to tag behind her and pestered her for an answer. She was choosing her coffee now. Finally after a long consideration, she picked up a can. Almost immediately, Jonghyun snatched it out of her hands and raised his hands up high so that she couldn't reach it.

" give it back!" she tried to reach up for it.

Jonghyun laughed and pat her head, " why don't you try jumping shortie?" 

Jessica was pouting as she began jumping and hopping around now. It was just like nursery all over again as they both began running around chasing each other. Almost banging into sooyoung, Jonghyun grabbed Jessica by her waist and pulled her back fast. Whoa, that was close! 

Realising that she was practically wrapped in his hug infront of Sooyoung, Jessica immediately flinched and hit him.

" What was that for?" he laughed and exchanged a puzzled look with sooyoung. She smirked and shrugged her shoulders with eyes that were mocking the embarrassed ice princess. Jessica stomped off at once leaving the dino to run after her again.

" Let's go ice skating" Key appeared from behind and Sooyoung jumped a little at the shock. 

" What?" She was amused. Because everyone knew for a fact that Key hated ice skating and it was just such a random and unlike him to do such things..

" I said let's go ice skating, don't make me repeat it twice," he looked at her with a pretended irritated frown as she was hiding her smiles and excitement. He knew he would probably regret doing that activity he loathed so much but since it was in her list of things she wanted to do he didnt have a choice.. 

" but i thought you hate ice skating?" she had to hide her smile as she questioned him.

" so? it better not be like the last time we went cycling.." he recalled back, it was quite an interesting moment to remember actually. Sooyoung screaming and shouting because she didn't know how to cycle and he had to spend about 4 hours teaching her. Eve with the extra 2 small wheels,She would bang into trees and random objects as he rolled on the ground laughing while she picked herself up and shouted at him to stop laughing at her. " anyway stop asking so much, just go as I said" he finished.

" like now?" she asked with her eyes eagerly wide open and gleaming.

" Are you an idiot? it's almost 3am now !" Key shot back with his diva voice. 

" oh yes right.. so how about tomorrow?" Usually she would have flared up at him for lashing back at her but right now she was too happy to care, kim ki bum actually going ice skating with her! Imagine all those romantice moments.. all those cute and warm memories that would build while they held hands and ice skate..

" Yah stop day dreaming and go pay!" Key put a hand on her back and nudged her forward. She was still smiling like an idoit with her head deep in thoughts. As they began walking back home again, Yuri continued her story.

--

For that next few days,Yuri would be skipping home everyday, singing and smiling to herself happy to meet Minho at home.

But of course reality couldn't be all that sweet. It was one of those nights, she was doing her homework as minho was painting on wood.He was always working in the garage. More often so lately, and he was always chasing her back to her room more frequently now like he had something to hide.

" What's that for?" She perched herself up on the table that he was working on and asked him. Her hair was in a disarranged and messed up manner again.

" Oh.. one of those things I have to do.." he was completely focused on it.

" My dad sure make you work for every penny that he gives you! " she joked, Minho laughed softly. She could tell that he's been distracted and distant lately.

" What's wrong? You seem distracted lately.." she voiced out. He kept quiet.

Then his phone rang. Playfully, Yuri raced to the corner of the garage to get it. Minho chased her but she beat him to it.

" Hey! Please give it back to me please! " 

" NO!~~" Yuri laughed as she flipped the phone up.

It was Goo Hara. She was one of her prettiest friends that she had. Infact, she was the only close friend she had other than the 8 girls. Despite not training in SM, everybody in SM knew her. Infact, they all loved her.

" Please.." Minho's hand was waiting for her to return his phone. 

" Okay " She pretended to smile and gave it back. He answered the phone cautiously, being quite bothered by her presence.

" Should I go?" She asked. Please say no please say no.

Minho smiled and nodded his head. She simply walked out, up into her room and burst into tears. All these while, she was such an idiot for thinking that he actually liked her. She should have known, all those times he chased her up so that he could pick up calls from Hara, all those times he didn't seem to bother and care who she was going out with. And that ' you know her best' line. She hated that sentence. 

From that day onwards, Yuri didn't go into the garage anymore. And she suspected that Minho must have noticed that coldness too, because he kept himself in the garage more often, not ever coming out unless he had to. He would always make the excuse that he had some work to do in there but the truth she knew was just that he didn't want to see her. It was a torture. 

Then that day came.It was a friday.Ever since that night,Minho had stopped staying back for dinner with her family and they both knew why though it was unspoken. But tonight he did. Yuri felt like dying. If it wasn't for her dad who insisted that she must eat at the table with them, Yuri would have dug her head into her pillow and stay there forever, knowing that Minho was eating in her house.

After dinner was done, everything went back to the same old routine. Minho turned to Yuri who was arranging the washed plates. 

" Hey could you come to the garage with me for awhile?" his voice was mellow, but almost sad.

" Oh why?" she tried to sound as pleasant and unhurt as possible, but it was impossible.

" I need you opinion on something.. it's really important," 

Yuri swallowed down the lump that formed in . Painful and hard. Something for Goo Hara she guessed. Of course you would want my opinion, after all I know her best right?

" Please.." Minho's voice was pleading and sad.

" okay.." she agreed, knowing that she would regret it later.

As she finished up with the plates, she slowly walked to the garage.

Pushing the door open, she saw minho bending over a table.

" What do you think of this?" He stepped back to unveil what was on it.

Standing there was a beautiful wooden house. It was painted with a rich red and blue paint, a colour combination she loved and every small detail was crafted out so perfectly and meticulously. There was even a small opening that looked like a door with cute windows with curtains.It was like a barbie doll playhouse except that the size seemed more appropriate for.. Benny. A new house for Benny. Yuri looked at minho who was beaming at her. How did he manage to know how her dream house looked like? More importantly, how did he even build it?

Popping out from the door of the house was Benny.

" Omg what're you doing here! " Yuri exclaimed as she reached out to cup Benny into her palms. She didn't realized that she was tearing now.

" I'm sorry I should have told you earlier.. But i didn't want to spoil the surprise. and please don't cry.. yuri". He handed her a piece of tissue. He wasn't sure if she would allow him to wipe her tears away, and for the record, he wanted so much to. 

" Thank you.. I mean.." She was speechless. But she was still confused. So what does this mean? 

" Look I guess you got the wrong impression and I really wanted to clear it up sooner that's why i sped up my work pace and finished this as soon as I can.. SO the thing is.." Minho cleared his throat. This was much harder than he thought it would be.

" I like you, I have always from the start. From that very first day I saw you walking down that stairs holding benny, complaining that he needed a new house. I love everything about you, the way you laugh, the way you talk, the way you make fun of me, your 10 year old looking pajamas and your hair that you never seem to want to comb when you're with me.. "

" What about hara?"

" Hara? Oh.. well i needed a lot of help from her because i didn't know what kind of house you would like.. as you can see..so i need help from somebody that knew you well.." he rubbed the back of his head. She was almost crying now. She wanted to hit him, to scold him and scream at him for making her cry so much every night. But she couldn't do it. She could only smile and thank him.

" The truth is I hate it when you make me pick out clothes for your dates because I wanted to be the one you would dress up for but I didn't want to ruin your mood so i had to pretend not to care. And I'm sorry that i had to chase you up to your room all the time because i needed to ask hara what to do and i needed to build it without ruining the surprise for you.. " Minho took a deep breath in.

" I don't know if im right about this but heck, I believe I am. I really like you and judging from how you're reacting now, I think you like me too. Kwon Yuri, would you  by my girlfriend?" He asked. Yuri didn't even bother to answer because she simple leapt to her feet and hugged him tight. 

Shocked, Minho remained immobilized. Then he registered what was going on. 

" Yes of course you silly," she whispered. Minho arms reached out to wrap around her for the very first time as he drew her into a deeper hug. 

And that was how it all began.

" Omg you have no idea how retarded you were the whole time! Coming to practice everyday chanted his name non stop! You're like " oh minho is so.. minho is so.. ! " Jessica began imitating her and all the girls began agreeing in loud noises. Minho laughed and Yuri turned slightly red at her friends who were now excited after selling their friend out.

" Don't laugh at me!!" She punched Minho's arms lightly.

" What? Come on you were so cute, I never knew you liked me that much even back then.. " He made a face at her, she hit him again and began scolding him. 

" Please more like you liked me so much.. you even remembered what i said the first time we met! " 

" Well i liked you the moment i first saw you,"

" What about it that made you fall for me?"

" I don't know maybe it was just you and that pajamas.. that hair that you never comb, it was quite.. bedazzling"

" I see you were dazzled by my crazy hair,"

" Yeah, I'm always dazzled by you and i've always loved your crazy hair" Minho pulled her into a tight warm hug as they continued walking. It was good old memories that they will always cherished.

" Your love story is like some cheesy chic flick movie seriously! " Key pointed out.

" What about you and sooyoung?" Onew asked.

" oh.. it's not such a "interesting" story but it's decent I guess," key made the inverted commas gesture, causing everyone to laugh. Sooyoung was rolling her eyes. 

" Come on tell us !" the girls urged her.

" It's nothing interesting really.. just one of those typical ordinary nothing out of the-"

" Oh please you should have seen the look on her face when i asked her to be my girlfriend, it's definitely not normal she had this whole crazy eyes thing going on and she looked like she was going to faint and cry from the happiness at the same time",Key began conjuring his face into a weird expression that invited a loud scream and heavy beating from sooyoung. Key was laughing so hard he couldn't even hide from her attacks.

" Okay okay let's just say she was the one who was interested in me first " Sooyoung's eyes widened even more at Key's nerve. She was jumping on him and pulling his ears now. 

Soon before long, they found themselves outside the girl's dorm. Everyone bid their goodbyes and they all went back in to sleep as christmas day drew closer and closer.

--

Note: hey guys!! sorry for the late update this time, i took a short break since its the holidays hope you guys dont mind! how are you holidays coming? Having fun?? Anyway promise to update again real soon !! ( like really~ ) thank you for subscribing and commenting! I appreacite it so muchhh! Merry christmas everybody!!! <3