Miss you now

Jongsica & SHINee generation :Best Place

 

As the next few days passed by quickly, both the boys and girls found themselves incredibly busy and tired with the preparation for the upcoming SM showcase. And since the girls had to practice by themselves for their debut, it was hard for the boys to see them around. It was only the occasional breaks in between the practices that Jonghyun could catch Jessica along the corridor and he would take that chance to slip water bottles into her hands and telling her to drink it. 

 

And this really surprised Jessica because she was slowly getting to see a different,new side of him. Or was this his real character? Although it was just a simple small gesture, she was nevertheless touched. To think he would remember her break timings and buy the water for her even a little snack sometimes because he said she looked paler than usual. Just yesterday he had passed her one of his thick jacket because the weather was getting colder and he was worried that she would fall sick for not wearing enough again. His eyes were always so warm and gentle whenever they were upon her and he would ruffle her hair sometimes and he would be clueless about how that gave her butterflies. How could anyone be so sweet, yet so notoriously, flirtatiously bad at the same time?

 

On the other hand, Onew had been walking with an air of confidence ever since that night. He would follow Minho to the girls' dorm almost every night but now, rather than sitting with an awkward distant from Tiffany and watching movies all the time to get an excuse to be with her, he was having fun helping her prepare supper for the girls.  He also helped her with homework now since he was quite the genius when it comes to studying. Key, on the other hand, still preferred to remain home and on the phone with sooyoung though the rest of the boys couldn't understand why he can't just go to their dorm.

 

" Do you think you're romeo? Come on. Stop climbing up their windows late every night, it's lame and distasteful " He would scoffed.

--

 

And thankfully finally wednesday came, because Jonghyun was dying to meet Jessica. As he entered the studio, he noticed Onew and tiffany sitting at the corner,fingers interlocked as they laughed at whatever they were saying. Okay.. that was fast, he thought. Then he mind flew back to the day that Jessica had ily shoved her tongue down his throat. He smiled to himself and thank God once again. 

 

Then he looked around and realized.. Jessica wasn't there.

Was she sick?

Was she unwell?

Was she late? But that's impossible. Jessica is never late.. he was worried now.

 

" Looking for my sister? " Krystal's voiced brought him back.

" Oh hey.. yeah.. where is she? " Jonghyun asked.

" She's at home taking care of my mum.. she's sick. Didn't she tell you? " Krystal asked with a mocking tone, as if questioning Jessica's feelings for him. To which, truthfully, he wasn't quite sure of yet. 

 

" Oh no.. we haven't exchanged numbers.. anyway could you help me tell her that I'll pick her up after practice this friday? " Jonghyun made a mental note to get Jessica's number the next time they meet. 

 

" Sure.. " Krystal replied. Or maybe not. She smirked and walked away to find a seat.

 

Jonghyun took a seat beside Key and realized that for the first time, Sooyoung was sitting beside Key too. Infact, his arms were around her waist! Looks like someone was taking away the kinship crown from Minho now.

 

" Okay kids, listen up ! The performance list is out ! Take note of your songs and whoever you're partnered up with. You have 2 weeks to practice together and be nice. I don't care whether you like each other or not, but if you wanna debut then you better show some professionalism. Understood? " their trainer asked.

 

The room dragged their voice in reply while some had began to sit up, excited at the announcement of their performance and partners. 

 

" First 3 songs will be the 9 girls debuting under the name of Girls' generation. Taeyeon, remember to update Jessica on that. Next is Onew, you're doing a solo of your choice. Following, Luna and Victoria you girls are dancing. Next, Taemin you're doing a dance with Key. Then after that, Minho you're doing a dance with .. ah she's not here. Nevermind you're doing it with Yuri then… "

 

A wide grin crept onto Minho's face as he heard that. Yuri turned to meet his eyes and smiled like a little girl.

 

".. Sulli you're doing a dance with Jino.. " Taemin frowned. He turned around to look at the boy with a discontented expression and pouted at the thought of him practicing with Sulli. But why?! It was obvious that he was the best dancer around here, if anyone gets to dance with Sulli, it should be him! 

 

Sulli looked over at Taemin and saw that he was frowning in jealousy at Jino and laughed. She felt guilty now for what she had said to Taemin after she found out the other night that the guy Krystal had been talking to was actually a trainee from JYP. But she didn't know how or when to apologize to him. And in actual fact, she had been hoping that she would get to partner up with Taemin for the performance and she was disappointed now knowing that they weren't.  

 

My name should come out about.. now, jonghyun thought as he heard his name.

 

" .. Jonghyun, you're doing a duet with Jessica. Oh wait she's not here.. do it with Krystal then."