Because everything's so wrong and I don't belong living in your precious memories.

Jongsica & SHINee generation :Best Place

It was 7pm. Yuri and Minho were already at the restaurant, seated and waiting for Amy to arrive.

As agreed, they were gonna pretend to be just friends. And it was proving to be already a hard task. Yuri never quite notice his constant hands that held hers whenever they walked, but now she was appreciating that warmth that always covered her hands now.

Even when she walked, she never realized how much she could feel so empty without his arms around her waist. 

When they talked, she missed those love stricken eyes that watched her with such gentleness. She sincerely wished the night would be over soon.

It was 15 minutes since 7p.m now.

" Is she okay? Should you call her and check whether she's alright? " Yuri suggested. Infact, if she was minho, she would be worried sick now!

Instead, Minho looked more relaxed than ever.

" It's okay.. she'll be here in a couple of minutes. That's just Amy. She's always late, i'm used to it, " he smiled at her. It seemed like he was really used to it. She wondered what kind of a girl Amy was, making her Minho wait like that for her, even still, making him wait for her so often that he was used to it. That was no way to treat him!

Finally, she arrived. Yuri quickly stood up to shake her hands. Yuri wanted to have a fresh beginning and a completely unbiased impression of her. She smiled as brightly as she could.

" Hi, I'm Yuri, " she said.

Amy returned the handshake, smiling too.

" Oh what a pleasant surprise! Minho never told me you were coming! " she sounded almost like she meant it.

Minho quickly led them both to their seats.

Yuri calmed herself down as she remember Minho's words. She knew she was more important than Amy to Minho. She was not gonna be jealous. 

--

Jonghyun

7.30pm

The night was freezing cold but thankfully there was no wind. Jonghyun had been up here for half an hour now and he could almost swear his nose was going to drop off. 

By now, half of the SM rooftop had been lighted up with candles as Jonghyun had lined them up in a circle. He got the idea from one of the movies he was watching on tv and Key had scoffed at him for being unoriginal. But whatever, he wanted to make this moment special for Jessica.

Finally after another half an hour of struggling with the biting cold air, Jonghyun had managed to light up every candle, running occasionally to re-light those that went off. He stood in the middle of the circle admiring his work, nodding his head unknowingly in approval. Now, where is Jessica?

He took out his cellphone and checked the time.

8.08pm.

You're a little late princess, but i'll let it go since it's just 8 minutes.

2 minutes later, Jonghyun couldn't take it anymore. He punched her number and waited.

" The number you have reached it's not in- " he grunted. " AHH WHY IS YOUR CELL OFF? "

Having no choice, he stood there waiting again. He thought that if he sit it would probably destroy the whole ambience and atmosphere. Everything had to be perfect. She would walk in, and he would be waiting in the center!

15 minutes had gone by. Jonghyun finally understood why Jessica was so angry at him. It is freaking cold out here !!! It's insane! Anyone would have been angry! In fact as much as he love Jessica, he felt like killing her right now for making him freeze out here.

Where's that stupid girl.. he mumbled to himself. His hands clenched painfully in his pockets as he his lips to keep them from cracking.

" AHHHH!!! " he shouted out loud. It was getting really really cold.

another 15 minutes had gone by..

now it was really getting unbearable. 

--

Yuri

Time passed by,suddenly it felt different. Yuri hadn't expected it to be this way. Minho and Amy were deep in conversation and laughing about their old stories.. everything that didn't include Yuri.

She didn't even feel special to him, she felt so outcasted, abandoned and unwanted. It felt like Amy had received all of his attention and she was just an insignificant friend. Friend.

Yuri felt a sudden wave of envy for Amy, with all those memories she had with Minho and his first love having been laid on her. She looked out of the window. " You guys must have had a lot of fun back then,".

Minho could feel Yuri's unhappiness that radiated so strongly to him. His hands reached out to grab hers under the table but she didn't respond. It was just him holding on to her, she didn't even twitch. His eyes shifted to her face, concerned but Amy saw that. 

She quickly brought up another topic and regained Minho's attention. He began answering in full concentration again as she began asking him about soccer, something he was obviously more than delighted to talk about. It went on for about another 15 minutes. Minho had let go of Yuri's hands now as he had to use them to illustrate whatever he was telling Amy. Then just when Minho was finally done, Amy began telling them about her stories again. Truth to be told, Yuri was completely uninterested in it. She would have, if only the teller haven't been only locking her eyes on Minho, as if the words were only meant for him to hear.

Painfully and slowly, they finished their dinner. Amy's cell phone vibrated and she excused herself politely as she took the call.

" You okay babe? I'm sorry if we're talking too much.. you know it's nothing.. she's just being friendly," he tried to cheer her up. Yuri forced a smile. It was almost impassive.

She stared ahead of her without really seeing. The delight she'd felt earlier had given way to the stories that Amy was telling. Nothing felt "friendly". Either all these were "nothing"- she was just being overly sensitive- or it was that Amy was try to get Minho back by reviving the past. She felt inclined to believe it was the latter. She tried her best to give Amy a chance, to form a better and good impression of her, but she couldn't. It was difficult to when it is clear what kind of girl Amy obviously was. 

--

Jonghyun

8.45pm

He was worried now. Had something happened to her? Her cell is off and she's 45 minutes late. Knowing Jessica well, he knew she would never be later for anything. Anything. He blew out a long breath, puffing out his cheeks and tried to relax his shoulders. If Jessica didn't somehow call him back in say, 5 minutes he'd.. what? He turned his heels at the direction of the exit. Then he turned back. No, he wanted to stay there at his perfect little spot where Jessica would come walking into his warm arms right here. With the god damn light was shining. 

5 minutes later,

He found himself racing down the staircase, running through every practice room to find her or just.. any of the girls. 

Where are you Jessica? Are you alright? God, please keep her safe. 

He heart couldn't stop thumping fast.

--

 

Yuri

 

All these while, Yuri has never see herself as a jealous girlfriend, probably due to her status of being popular, she felt quite secure that other girls wouldn't dare to mess with her boyfriend. But with this Amy coming back from America, unknown to how things work here, Yuri found herself transformed into a somewhat possessive and paranoid girlfriend. She hated herself for being like this. It was pathetic- she knew. But who could stop feeling this way? Besides, this Amy has been yanking on for hours now. 

 

With all her accidental "touch" that she's been doing to Minho daringly infront of her eyes and all the doe-eyed she was doing to Minho, she couldn't see how this fox wasn't trying to steal her boyfriend. Key was right. She had to keep her eyes closely on this girl.

 

As she thought so, she felt a little better to know that the boys were on her side. Because at this point of time, she felt greatly encouraged to know his best friends were supporting her and it did made her feel like she had the upperhand.

 

Deep in her thoughts, she haven't realized they were getting up to leave now.

 

" Leaving already? ", she asked, puzzled and for the first time, she didn't sound angry. Because she forgot to at the moment.

 

" Yeah, it's getting late babe and I'm afraid you guys should rest early for all your practices tomorrow! , " she chirped in an overly excited manner. What was there to be excited about?

 

" Oh okay.. thanks for dinner then.Good bye. " Yuri said coldly, she didn't want to be a hypocrite. She didn't even pretend to sound nice. 

 

Turning around to march off, Minho's hand reached automatically, wanting to hold his girlfriend back but it was too late. She had stomped off. Turning around to look at Amy apologetically, he noticed she was becoming teary.

 

" Did I do something wrong? I'm sorry Minho.. your friend seemed upset with me.. I don't know what to do.." 

 

" No.. Amy please.. don't be like this okay? It's not your fault.. Yuri is just a little tired and stressed out from her practices.. " He comforted her. Suddenly, he felt like Yuri had gone too far this time. 

 
--
 
Jonghyun
 
Then he found her. In the practice room. Warm and comfortable on the piano.. beside Jaejoong. There were laughing about something he couldn't see. And she didn't seem to bother or care that she had to meet him on the rooftop. Just the god damn rooftop which wasn't even far away.

And he finally understood. The reason why she coudn't say those 3 words, all these time he was the only one who couldn't see it. Just like a ing idioit who couldn't see the obvious picture. It wasn't because she was afraid, she couldn't say it because she didn't even love him in the first place! Now that he see, he realized.

Incidentally, Jaejoong glance out. Meeting Jonghyun's eyes through the windows, he chuckled. 

So she knew, and she just chose to stay right there.

He tried to think it was a misunderstanding, but seeing with his own eyes was an entirely different thing. How was this a misunderstanding?

All the while, Jaejoong was the one insider her heart all along.He was just a substitute, the one that she temporarily leaned on when Jaejoong had swayed away. Now that he's back, the person that came later, the one that was him, had to endure the pain, keep it in and back off.

Isn't there anyway to make this pain go away?

" Hey! What're you.." Hyo yeon hopped from the back.

" Oh! Hi.. " Jonghyun turned around to see her. His face was stiffened.

" Are you going in? " She asked as she took a peek inside.

" Oh nah.. i don't have practice today.. anyway here, have it, i baked it myself, " he handed her a box that he held in his hand as his voice was low and sad. With that said, he spun around and walked off. Hyo yeon stared at him, baffled at what just happened. 

But looking back at the box, she opened it. In there were 4 pink cupcakes that spelled out PINK. Hyo yoen laughed as she saw it, which guy in the right mind would bake this!? He's really funny..

--

Yuri

Standing out in the cold at the side curb trying to flag a cab, Yuri was fuming. She didn't want to be near them any second longer. So much for helping him, it seemed more like he didn't want Amy to know about them because he didn't want to ruin his chances with her.

" Hey, " Minho grabbed her by the wrist. She felt a little, just a little comforted knowing that the boy at least had the courtesy to apologize to her. Thought it might be a little late.

" What? " She turned around, trying not to snap at him. She promised herself to forgive him and let it go once he said sorry.

" You were a little rude back there you know? Come on please, could you at least try to be nice?" he didn't shout, but his tone was cold and demanding. It was the first time he had ever used that voice on her. Yuri was taken a back. Not to mention, she could feel her tears slowly b up now. And at any moment, they were threatening to fall.

" I know you're unhappy that we have to hide our relationship from her but did you have to go that far? Amy is such a nice girl, what has she even done to you?" Minho wasn't sure why he said those harsh words. But at the time he felt it was justice that Amy deserved. It wasn't right for Yuri to act that way for.. no reason. At all. It wasn't even like her to behave this way.

But as soon as he finished his sentence, he knew he had said the wrong words. He wanted to take them all back immediately. But this wasn't a game of scrabble, words couldn't be taken back by just removing the tiles. Once it's out of your mouth, you can't just take it back.

Staring back at him, Yuri's eyes were filled with hurt rather than anger. She didn't care who was looking at them or whether Amy was around. She didn't care anymore.

" FINE, then don't be with me if you don't like the way I am! I don't think you even wanted to be with me in the first place anyway. I'm not your second choice Minho. Go back to her since you wanted to be with her in the first place!, " she shouted before flinging herself out of his hold. Hot tears wouldn't stop falling now. She quickly wiped it away. It was pathetic to be like this. She hated it. She hated how she had to feel this way. The feeling of being the later one. The one that didn't matter.

A cab pulled up and she got in as fast as she could. Minho tried to hold her back but she managed to get away quickly. She didn't want to see him ever again. Ever.

--

Jessica

Pushing the door open, Jessica and Jae joong greeted her. Jessica's face was a little surprised.

" You're early? That's unusual.. it's the moon blue today or something? " she asked

" Early? What're you talking about? My practice is at 9pm have you forgotten? " hyo yeon put down her stuff.

" But it's only .. " Jessica's smiled slowly disappeared. No wonder she felt a little strange as if her gut feeling was telling her that something was wrong.. 5 minutes ago she had asked for the time and Jaejoong told her it was still early, nowhere near 8pm..

" Show me your watch! " she scrambled up and ran over to hyo yeon. Studying the watch, it was really 9pm.

. How long have Jonghyun been waiting for her up there in the cold?! He's gonna be so angry.. more importantly was that boy freezing his off already!?Silly! 

" Omg! I'm so dead, I was supposed to meet -" Jessica said as she began gathering herself up.

Jaejoong called out after her but Jessica simply turned around and gave him the most disappointed and disgusted look on her face. Then it finally dawned upon her. Somehow, jaejoong knew she had to go, and somehow, he had intentionally told her the wrong time so that she would missed it.

" Why did you do this to me? " her voice was hard and demanding.

" I.."

" Don't you have any respect for me at all? Oppa? " she cut him with her piercing words before running out.

Racing up to the rooftop, it was empty. 

" jonghyun! " she called out. No reply. She called out again. Still, he wasn't there. Have he gone home already? Was he angry? Or maybe.. he didn't even turn up in the first place.. this rooftop look as dead as ever..

She took her phone out and.. battery dead. No wonder. Grunting, she hurried home to charge it. 

[ Hey, did you even turn up just now? ] Jessica texted him.

Jonghyun felt his phone vibrating. He took it up and read. He didn't know what to reply. He wanted to but yet he didn't want to. He was hurting so bad he didn't want to do anything anymore. He wanted to erase her number, erase her off his mind and get her out of his life. 

At the same time, he didn't want to. He wanted to just hug her tight, be with her everyday, every moment. It was frustrating. He decided to delete the text.

Then he dropped his cell into his pocket. It's forgotten.The past months never happened. 

Ignoring and forgetting seems childish right now, he knew. But tt was the only way he knew how to stop his head from pounding and his heart from aching so bad.

Seeing that he wasn't replying fast like he usually would, jessica wondered whether he had fallen asleep. After struggling for some time, she figured maybe he really was sleeping and there was no point to worry. The door bell rang. 

" Yuri! What happened ?" She heard sooyoung exclaimed from the living room. She immediately bounced up.

--

Note: Minyul & jongsica focus for the time being! Hope i havent broke your hearts too muchh! Thanks for your comments and subscription ^^ I'm nearing to my goal of 70 subscribers!!! :) I love you alllllll! hehehhe