When will you be mine?

Jongsica & SHINee generation :Best Place

It was a boring saturday. Jonghyun knew he should be resting at home and appreciating the kindness that SM has bestowed on them; one day off from training ( such small thing is what you learn to call mercy after you become a debuting trainee) but instead, he was just plain bored. Trying to entertain himself, he bugged the rest of the boys but they wouldn't even move an inch.

" Let's go out and play soccer! " he negotiated with minho. He always detested the fact that his legs were much shorter than minho ( and that was the excuse he would always use when he lose to minho every time) but he felt at least that would be more fun than staying home doing nothing.

" No. I'm tired. Everyone's resting why can't you just relax and chill? Watch tv ! Look  at how interesting this is! " Minho pointed at the tv with the remote control in his hand.

" Dude, it's panda mating. It's sick it's not even interesting," Jonghyun saId as he watched the animal documentary.

" They're not even mating.. "

" Yeah they are you just can't see it well because pandas don't have s.."

" How does that even connect to mating? s and mating don't even link! " Minho argued. 

" Yeah they do, you know they do"

" No dude i don't. just shut up and go back to watching your human ,"

" I wasn't watching and I've stopped watching it ! " offended, Jonghyun immediately defended himself.

" OH HYUNG! so you were the one who crashed my laptop!!!! " Taemin suddenly butted in, realizing that he found the culprit.

" NO!! IT WASN'T ME. It was you wasn't it hung?" jonghyun looked at Onew.

" What the hell? No! Why would I even do that?! " puzzled, onew replied.

" i don't know? because you're a man?"

" and you're not?"

" that's not the point, whatever it is, it wasn't me!" Jonghyun said again flustered. Everyone was just having fun picking on jonghyun.

" just admit it.. it was you wasn't it?" key said in an annoying tone.

" HYUNG!!!" Taemin whined.

"GOD!! WHY DOESNT ANYONE IN THIS HOUSE BELIVE ME AT ALL?" jonghyun whined back. Key and Onew laughed at him as they continued lazing on the couch.

These pigs… why are they so tired anyway!? Jonghyun thought.

That's it. He couldn't take it anymore, he had to find something to do. He wondered if Jessica would even come out to meet him. But judging from what he did to her the last time he highly doubt so.. but it wasn't exactly his fault.. I mean.. she could have seen the sign and stop running.. right?

Whatever it is, jonghyun started planning on how to make Jessica meet him. After another hour of walking in circles in the living room, he finally had an idea.

" Stop walking around, if you wanna waste energy that much go do the laundry, " key remarked.

" it's not even your leg why are you bothered.. " Jonghyun was already half way down the corridor towards his room.

Typing on his cell phone, he began texting Jessica.

[hey come out & meet me in an hours' time ok? I'll be at ur doorstep~ "]

within seconds, she replied. 

[ what for? i'm not free today i think i might have practice]

he smirked.

[ liar, its our break today have u forgotten? come on it'll be only awhile ]

Jessica groaned. How come he's so attentive when it comes to these things? She did wanna meet him but she was still angry and him for embarrassing her like that. Well, as Jessica Jung of SM, she had a reputation to keep up. And falling down like an idiot along the corridor infront of all the trainees was definitely not allowed for her.

[ no i don't see why i should ]

[ well u left something behind so i though u might wanna take it back but if u don't want to its fine.. ]

she tried to recall..

[ what is it? ]

[ why don't u come and see it for urself? ;) ]

Jessica pouted and her lips touched the tip of her nose. She knew it. Stupid boy.

[ fine. 2pm outside my dorm ]

Jonghyun smiled and raised his fist up slightly in a 'yes!' motioned. He whistled as he got up and began heading towards the bathroom.

At 2pm on the dot, he was outside her dorm. Jessica came out in her thick jacket and cute little boots. That's a nice jacket, Jonghyun thought as he looked at her outfit. Then his face moved up. Ouch, that's not a pretty expression. Jessica was still frowning and pouting like a cute little petty girl.

She didn't say anything but instead she stretched a hand out, palm flat open while another hand in her pocket.

" Where's my thing? ", she asked in a snappy tone.

" Shouldn't you at least say hi to me first?"

" Hi." she said sarcastically. Ah, you're still angry? Why are girls so petty?

" You're still angry at me? I'm sorry okay? I really didn't mean to, I promise really! " he laughed and put a hand up like he was taking an oath. Her pout slowly disappeared as she looked around. Okay fine, i forgive you, she said in her head. But of course she wouldn't say it out. I hate it when you say it with that puppy eyes. Of course i can't say no can i?

" So what's the thing that i forgot? " she asked again. Jonghyun put both his hand in his pocket and looked up as if he was thinking.

" Hmm, your heart?" He said cheekily.

" WHAT?!" 

" You left your heart with me here, " he said and patted his chest where his heart was. He knew it was stupid.. but that's just him. Being silly and retarded, well at least that got her out.

" Are you serious?"

" Why? Do i look like i'm joking? Unless you're gonna prove me wrong, " he smiled like a little boy.

" You seriously called me out just to tell me that I left my heart with you yesterday? Seriously Kim Jonghyun? HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?! " she shot at him.

Jessica's pout returned again as she hit him hard with a "hing" sound that she made. Jonghyun lughed. Jessica began hitting him harder and harder as he tried to dodge. Seeing it wasn't working, Jessica began kicking him hard. He ran around as she followed suit, kicking his legs all the way. Soon, they found themselves at the playground nearby. Jessica kicked Jonghyun one last time, hard and painfully as she turned around and stomped back to her dorm.

" You cheesy stupid thing!! " she scolded him. But it was true, she didn't really wanna put it in such a cheesy way, but.. okay anyway she did miss him. Even if it was just a day, did that even make sense? She couldn't help but miss him more each day.

Jonghyun looked at her small figure walking away as his arm covered his leg.

" Ouch ouch! hey wait! " he called after her.

" What?" she turned around, halting and snapped at him.

" My leg hurts.." 

" So? Of course it hurts, that's the point! "

" no.. i mean seriously.. I can't walk.. " he said and began hopping up. His arm stretched out, trying to grab something for support as he limped with a painful expression.

Jessica looked at his face and felt guilty.. oh god. What have she done? He couldn't walk properly and that would mean.. he couldn't dance. NO NO NO!! That can't happen! With the showcase coming up already, he can't be crippled! He had to dance otherwise the directors would surely drop him off the debuting schedule! He would feel so awful and terrible!

" Ah actually i think i can manage, it's a little cold out here just get back to your dorm… " he said, still limping to a bench nearby.

" Are you sure? You can't even walk properly how are you gonna go back on your own? " she asked, voice softening a little. She was really worried now. If he was gonna be dropped off and cut off from the chance of debuting, it was gonna be her fault!! And all his talents and efforts all these years would be pointless…

" Yeah.. it's fine really don't worry about it, " jonghyun forced a smile.

" Yeah right.. let me help you, " Jessica ran back and supported him. Taking his arms and wrapping it over her shoulders, she began helping him towards the bench. Jonghyun chuckled.

" Thanks, "

" How are you gonna dance like that? " she asked, genuinely worried.

" Don't worry about it.. i think it'll be fine by tomorrow " Jonghyun examined his legs.

" You think? " Jessica mocked him.

" Yeah.. there's still a couple of days till the showcase anyway.."

" and you think your legs will recover in just a couple of days? You can't even walk properly how are you gonna dance? And your choreography is insane, ", she rattled on. She knew he was never gonna be able to do their crazy complicated choreography because she was always hiding somewhere watching him practice.

" You're worried? " he looked at her, and asked cheekily.

" Of course I am, if you can't dance its gonna be my fault, i don't wanna be blamed for it! " she lied.

" Sure? Or are you worried because I'm injured and you can't bear to see me in pain?"

" Do you want me to break your arms too? " She shot back at him. 

But truthfully,Jessica felt extremely guilty for causing him so much pain and possibly ruining his future. She really hope his legs were gonna be okay tomorrow just like he said.So in return for injuring him, she has decided to make it up a little by spending the day with him.

" So what do you wanna do today? " she asked. Jonghyun's face lit up. Of course, I am Kim Jonghyun after all, how difficult can it be to get a girl to go out with me?

" Hmm.. " he tried to think. 

" You don't have much choice you know that right? Because you can't walk or run.. stupid" she laughed at him.

Ah . Jonghyun realized the situation he was in. I should have fake that I injured my arms instead.. he thought.

" Yeah you're right.. what do you say then? " He gave up. He really didn't prepare for this. Coming till this far was all that he planned for.

Jessica had a sly smile on her face. Now that was scary..

--

" Where're you taking me to? " Jonghyun asked as Jessica helped him get off the bus. This girl was really quite something. Even after seeing him limping like that, she still insisted on them taking a bus. But since she's been taking care of him so well and generously offering so much skinship he figured it wasn't all that bad. 

He haven't seen this side of her yet but he was already completely smitten by it. This caring and gentle side of her that wrapped his arm around her shoulder and supporting his back with her soft hands, it was all so endearing. Her eyes were so warm and even her expressions could easily melt anyone. Jonghyun felt a surge of tenderness as he watched her hold his arm carefully and matched her footsteps with his.

" You'll see, " she looked up mischievously. She looked so small and cute beside him and he wanted to just pinch her cheeks.

Soon they arrived, much to his shock,

it was the library.

" What? Are you serious? " His mouth opened wide. This was where she wanted to bring him to? She must be joking..

" Yeah why not? I love reading.. and since you can't walk, you might as well as sit down and do something productive, " she said in a matter-of-face tone. Nudging him forward already, Jonghyun had no choice but to follow with his disgruntled face. A little indignant too,actually.

Soon, they settled down in a table at a small corner. Jessica had returned with a pile of books about.. languages?

" Wow, you're really ambitious for someone who's just gonna debut.. preparing to take over the world already? " he made fun of her as she began on her japanese book.

" You'll have to do it someday.. whether you like it or not. Because someday we're gonna be flying back and forth around the whole world~ " she said dreamily.

" Imagine all those shoppings.. beautiful scenarios, awesome hotels.. " 

" okay okay i get it, just go on reading your.. books, " he said as he got up slowly, and limping forward towards the shelves. Jessica didn't even notice as she was already engrossed in it. Jonghyun thought staying at home might be more fun.. well at least he could scream and shout and do anything. Then he thought about Jessica.. okay fine this could work out somehow..

" o-na-ka-ga-suki-ma-shi-ta " she slowly repeated after the book.

( I'm hungry)

" Ahh, nanika tabetai desu ka?" Jonghyun replied fluently.

( ah, do you want to eat something?) 

Jessica gasped and looked at him. How he's so fluent in it? His pronunciation was perfect too! 

" You speak japanese?"

"mochiron~ why are you so surprised? I'm gonna debut and fly around the world someday, right?" he inched forward towards her face and replied her cheekily.

" Let me test you" his spoke as his lips were a few inches from her. 

" Shoot," her eyes challenged him.

" What is aieru? "

She smirked.

" That's too easy. It means I love-" she suddenly realized and stopped.

" Oh you do? " he .

" You're an idioit," she jerked back immediately. She thought she heard jonghyun laughing faintly at her sudden retreat.

The next few minutes were silent as she got back to her books and so did he.

" Hey look at this, " he poked her. 

" What?! "

" Look! it's really funny! " 

Jessica turned around and took a look at whatever he was pointing at her. It was a picture of an old man doing a funny face. It was really quite funny. She giggled a little.

" it's funny right? How about this? " He flipped to another page and showed her another picture. She laughed out this time. It was really funny! 

" SHHHH! " somebody signalled them to be quiet.

They looked at each other at laughed silently. Pages after pages, they were laughing at all the funny pictures from the collection of photobooks that Jonghyun had brought back.

--

The doorbell rang.

Onew got up to open the door, was Jonghyun back so early already?

But as he opened, he found his girlfriend, Tiffany standing infront. 

Wow, he stood there in shock for awhile. The fact that no girls have ever stepped or come to their dorm was one thing. Another thing was that it was his girlfriend! 

" Are you gonna say something? ", she did her eye smile again.

" Ah.. yeah I was just.. surprised! " he finally said.

" Yeah I know, it's a surprise? " she pointed out. He was so dorky and cute.

" Oh you wanna come in? " He stepped back to reveal their living room. Taemin,Key and Minho were laying lifelessly staring at the tv.

" Hmm.. maybe not? " then she leaned in and whispered, " it's kinda not romantic you know?"

He laughed in agreement and told her her to wait. With that, he quickly grabbed his stuff and headed out.

" Where're you going? " Key asked after the escaping leader.

" Just nearby, I'll be back for dinner! " he shouted as he was already half way out the door with Tiffany.

" Aren't they tired seriously? It's a resting day for god sake.. ", key commented.

" They're all like that in the beginning.. give in 6 more months and he wouldn't move even if she come knocking with a box of chicken " MInho explained. Key nodded in agreement. 

" You're right. " He flipped through the channels. 

--

Tiffany and Onew continued walking hand in hand till they reached a small little cozy cafe nearby. They took a seat in a warm corner. As usual, Tiffany ordered a caramel latte while Onew contemplated for awhile before deciding on a hot chocolate.

Slowly, Tiffany slid the scrapbook forward towards him. Looking at the pink book that was decorated with cute writings and drawing, onew looked up, puzzled.

" What's this for? " he began opening. She inched forward to follow his eyes as he studied each page. It was beautiful. Every single page he flipped was decorated and made with so much attention and love. All those words.. he didn't know what to say. Then without realizing, Tiffany suddenly took a polaroid camera up and asked him to look at it.

" Smile to our first picture together! " She said and snapped. As the photo came out, she placed it on the page that they were at. It was empty in the middle with a sentence below that wrote " our first photo together <3 " 

The next page was a song lyrics that seemed unfamiliar. It was titled baby baby.

" I haven't heard of thing song before.. " he mentioned.

" Ah I wrote that myself ! But i can't play it for you right now.. " she added.

" Really? That's nice. I'll wait to hear it in your album then, " he smiled.

" Welll let's just hope they think its good enough to be inside the album.. " 

" it has to, because it's writtien for me ! " Like a little boy, onew was feeling so proud of the song that was written just for him! 

Tiffany laughed unknowingly, little did she know that the song would later on make its way to their debuting album someday, performed on tv and most importantly, it would be her most favourite song that she would always tell everyone in the interviews.

For a short while, he just kept quiet and admired the book. Then finally, he looked up and said, " Thank you, it's really sweet".

He was touched. Knowing her well, he didn't expect something like that from her. He could only smile. Gazing at her with his lovesick puppy eyes, they continued chatting till it was dark. It was sweet just spending every minute with her.

Onew's hands moved forward to take hers. Interlocking their fingers, he'd never notice how beautiful and pretty her hands was. And he wondered why. Keeping his eyes on her the whole time, he took it up and place a gentle kiss each on both her hands.

And finally when it was almost evening, they decided to head home for dinner with their own members. At the doorstep, Tiffany couldn't resist giving him the tightest hug ever. Even if they were suffocated it was fine, her head rested on his chest and she could smell him. It was every bit nice and warm just like the kind of man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with.

--

" You shouldn't be doing this you know, you can't even take care of yourself and you still wanna send me home? " Jessica asked Jonghyun, not that she wasn't liking the fact that he had insisted on seeing her home first but she didn't want him to tire himself out.At the day progressed towards the end there was a significant change in their tones towards each other. Finally how long has it been since they spoke so sweetly to each other. 

" It's okay. I know you want me to, " his arm that was hung loosely around her shoulder began to transform into a warm hug. He was waiting for her to snap back with a nasty comment but instead, she just remained quiet, smiling peacefully to herself as she looked straight ahead.

--

Minho's phone vibrated. He eyes were still on the tv and he lazily fumbled for it. Aimlessly moving around, his hands finally found it. He didn't bother looking at the caller ID as he answered it.

" Hello" he answered half heartedly as he was still focused on the soccer game.

" Hey! Guess what? I've moved back! " the familiar girly voice spoke at the other end of the line. Her voice was about a pitch higher than Yuri's with the kind of enthusiasm that you find in one of those cheerleaders in school. Nevertheless, the was the voice Minho once liked so much. 

" What? Wait, you're- " Minho sat up as he pulled his cell back to check who was calling him. He couldn't believe it.

" Oh you're baaack ! " he stammered, still unable to recover from the shock. 

She laughed. " Of course, are you happy? How have you been? " her voice was calm and soothing. As if she knew that nothing has changed since she left.

" Oh.. of course I'm happy, and i've been good.. " Minho mumbled hesistantly. Yeah I've been good.. with the girl i've never thought i could love so much.

" That's good, listen iet's hang out and catch up soon okay? I've missed you so much ! " she said, Minho didn't know what to believe. 

" alright.. i'll let you know when I'm free, " he said and hung up. Just when he thought she was finally out of his life, she was back again. 

--

" Thanks I had fun today, " Jessica said with a coy smile. They were standing outside her dorm.

" That's good, me too. " 

" And sorry about your leg.." She looked apologetic. 

" Oh nah.. it's fine don't worry about that, " he replied. It doesn't' even hurt.

With that, she turned around and went in slowly. Jonghyun stood there watching her as she walked.He was hoping they could at least hold hands.He haven't touched that pair of warm hands for a long time now.Then suddenly she stopped. Running down and back towards him, her left feet that was infront slipped and her body went tumbling backwards, sending her flying then landing on her .

GOD! NOT AGAIN!!!!

" Jessica! " Jonghyun shouted. But before he could move, Jessica already gathered herself up quickly as she ran over and took her bag from Jonghyun. She had wanted to take her bag from him but in too much of a hurry she fell down again. She wanted to dig the ground and put her head in there, FOREVER.

Jonghyun laughed as he looked at the silent girl flushed. 

" Are you okay? " he tried not to have an outburst of laughter.

" yeah. Go and practice your part of the song.. the showcase is coming soon,"

" okay~ " he pat her head. Wanting to place a kiss on her head, he almost slipped as she ran off quicker than he could do so.

She was jogging up carefully now. Seeing that she was finally in her dorm, Jonghyun looked up at the sky and realized it was dark now. Ahh, Key was gonna kill him for making the boys wait for him to start dinner. Looking at his watch, Jonghyun quickly jogged back home.

Whoever said his leg was hurting in the first place?

--