Christmas

Together We Make a Family

Sunlight streamed through the blinds and into my face. I moved a little and felt the arm around my waist tighten. I turned around and saw my husband sleeping peacefully. My fingers traced the outline of his perfectly sculpted nose before moving on to trace his full lips. I then proceed to kiss him softly on the forehead.

"Merry Christmas eve oppa," I whispered.

I slowly slid out of his embrace to prepare breakfast for the family. Unfortunately, his arm was strong enough to pull me back into his embrace.

"You call that a kiss? You can't get out of here" Kai told you as he buried his face into your neck.

"Come on oppa, please. I have to make breakfast,"

"Kiss, first. Breakfast, later."

Both of us kept teasing each other until I finally gave in and kissed him on the lips. Taking his face into my hands, I placed soft kisses on his chin, his cheeks before rubbing our lips softly together. I could read so much in his eyes. Desire, emotion. Kai threaded his fingers into my hair and drew me close, and deepened the kiss.

As our mouths played a seductive dance, my hands moved under his shirt, running all over the hard muscles on his chest and stomach. He was amazing, beautiful and I couldn't remember ever being as consumed by anything or anyone as I was with him. I slowly drew back from him.

"You're driving me crazy, ----," he whispered thickly, his eyes travelling down every inch of me. I might as well have been the way his gaze scorched my skin.

"You have to prepare for work. You can't be late," I reminded him, pulling his arms away from me.

He pouted, jutting out his lower lip. Kai tried to look at me with those puppy eyes. I rolled my eyes and headed towards the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

"Good morning Bom!" I greeted Bom the rabbit cheerfully, feeding her some lettuce.

"I can't believe he still has to go to work even though it is Christmas eve. Stupid SM," I sulked to myself. Bom only blinked innocently at me. I swooned over her cuteness,  her head and ears.

.........................................

While preparing the food on the table, I could hear the father and daughter's laughter echoing throughout the house. I smiled to myself. Eunjung's laugh was one of a kind. It was a cheerful sound. Her laughter definitely brings a smile to me and Kai. Her laughter is so gleeful and pure. I read somewhere that a baby's laughter can bring out the best of most any man when he's depressed. It is true, in my husband's case that is :P

"Awwww, someone just woke up!" I cooed.

"Come to omma Eunjung. Appa needs to eat," I continued, trying to pick her up from Kai's arms. She shook her head cutely and tightened her grip on Kai's shirt, crumpling the fabric. She hid her face in Kai's neck, refusing to separate from her daddy.

"It's okay, I'll just sit her on my lap," Kai replied while rubbing Eunjung's back gently. I bit my lip and raised my eyebrows. Kai just nodded in assurance.

.........................................

"You're getting so tall!" I said, lifting Eunjung by the wrists. She stood with her tiny palms wrapped in mine, her chubby legs kicking at the carpet in time with her ringing laughter. I beamed, tickling her soft belly that was exposed beneath her fuzzy sweater. Her laughs grew laughter, but was instantly interrupted by the sound of the doorbell.

I was not expecting a visitor that evening as the other EXO members would be coming to our house the day after for a mini Christmas celebration. I set Eunjung back down in front of Bom, the rabbit and Jjanggu, the dog. The doorbell rang again as I peered through the peephole. A massive spread of green branches hindered the individual's face. However I could recognise overwrought sigh anywhere as he shifted his weight in an attempt to ring the doorbell once more. I opened the door with surprise in eyes.

"I thought you had work today?" I didn't understand, as if my brain short-circuited and needed to be rebooted.

"Ahhh, about that. I didn't had work today. I wanted to buy something for the family," Kai replied sheepishly. His face flushing a radish red.

"You bought a tree?" The shock on my face slowly melted to a warm smile as I opened the door even wider to allow my husband to walk in. He smiled as he pushed the tall Christmas tree through the front door, stumbling slightly when the trunk of the tree was caught against the door's frame. Kai lifted the tall tree over the hardwood floors, bring cautious not to make any scratches. Clusters of detached pine needles tumbled to the ground. I stepped over the growing mess to help Kai carry the Christmas tree into the living room. He pulled a red tree stand from a plastic bag before hoisting the tree into its stand, making room for me beneath the tree.

I ducked my head below the thick branches to tighten the stand. Tightening the cinch, I breathed in deeply. The smell of fresh pine entered my nose and I let out a contented sigh pass my lips. Then, I stood up to admire the tree. Kai turned to me with a pleased grin with Eunjung hoisted on his left hip. "Your parents sent over the ornaments you had when you were a kid," He mentioned, setting down Eunjung on the carpet to retrive the ornaments from his car. I began twisting a few of the imperfect branches.

"No. no, no! Don't eat that!" Kai's voice was stern yet I could a hint of laughter hidden in his tone. Walking over to where Kai and Eunjung were, I clasped my hands over my mouth, stifling a giggle.

"Yah, Eunjung ah. You aren't suppose to eat these," I said in a disapproving voice, pulling the handfuls of pine needles away from my daughter. Kai grinned as he tried to wrench open Eunjung's mouth only to discover soggy pine needles.

"Ewwwww," I removed the pine needles from Eunjung's mouth and made a face. Eunjung laughed loudly, obviously pleased with the shocked expression on my face.

Kai placed the red plastic bag full of ornaments on the floor next to the Christmas tree. He unrolled sheets of newspapers to reveal the delicate decorations that I had collected when I was younger. Both of us strung them around the heavy branches. Eunjung placing the lighter ornaments in a cluster at the bottom of the tree. I the radio, allowing soft Christmas songs to play in the background. Kai sang along to the songs. His voice imposing and warm underneath the familiar tunes. When the last ornament had been placed on the tree, Kai began to unwrap a box. Underneath all the newspaper wrappings was a gold star secured in gold and silver foil. He turned and displayed the star to me.

"I made this," Kai said softly.

"Impressive," I turned the star in my hands. I smiled and pressed a kiss to his cheek.

Kai lifted Eunjung on his shoulders, letting her extend her arms to put the star at the top of the tree. I picked up the leftover ornaments and went to the storeroom to keep it.

"Oppa?" The house was a bit too quiet now.

A smile tugged at the corner of my lips as I looked into the living room. Kai was sound asleep on the couch, Eunjung tucked safely in his arms. She was sleeping with a content smile on her angelic face. I stared at the two of them for a moment, just thinking about how lucky I was. I crossed the room to stand in front of them. I snapped a picture of my husband and my daughter and stood back to marvel at them.

"It's going to be a great holiday," I smiled to myself.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys! I know it is a bit too early for Christmas but it's okay! Anyway this is a Chrsitmas daddy Kai for you guys :D I hope you like it! Thank you so much for subscribing to A Brother's Love. Kaigirl123 thank you so much for the comments. Please do check out my other stories too. I love you guys so so much. See you on the next update.