Stuttering

Together We Make a Family

"What's that?" I heard Kai ask, pointing at Bom, the rabbit whose teeth were making short work on the carrot that I had given her a minute ago.

"Nooo-nooo," Eunjung, our baby girl said, clutching her one-eared pink stuffed bunny as well as a large celery stick to her chest.

"Err, no ... that's a rabbit. Can you say 'rabbit', Eunjung?"

"Nooo-nooo."

"Um...okay. What about that? Can you remember the name I taught you?"

Kai pointed at the table that was a few metres away from where Kai and Eunjung were sprawled on the carpet.

"Nooo-nooo."

"No...that's not a noo-noo," Kai said gently. "That's a table."

"Nooo-nooo," said Eunjung pulling a leaf off the celery stick she was holding. Kai had to stop her before she tried to stuff the celery stick under the sofa and just keep the leaf for herself.

"Nope...we have to save some of this for Bom's breakfast tomorrow right?" Kai smiled at her, pulling the celery stick away from her.

Eunjung liked to feed the pets, even though she was a bit over-enthusiatic at times. Once, Kai caught her giving jam doughnuts to Bom, the rabbit.

"Oh look! It's Jjanggu!" Kai exclaimed, as our pooch ambled towards Eunjung and started sniffing at the celery's leaf still in Eunjung's hand. Jjanggu gave the leaf a hopeful nibble but as it wasn't dog-flavoured he (I don't know if Jjanggu is a boy or a girl :/), he seemed unimpressed. "Can you remember what doggies say, Eunjung ah?"

"Nooo-nooo," she replied brightly, bouncing the pink bunny up and down on Jjanggu's neck. Jjanggu didn't bat an eyelid. In fact, he just yawned, letting a whiff of meaty doggy chunks waft out of his mouth.

"No," Kai tried to explain patiently. "Doggies say 'woof, woof'!"

So much for Kai's plans to make his daughter a child genius by getting her to speak at such a young age. He'd thought she'd got the hang of the few words he'd been teaching her just now, but all she did was babbled in reply.

"Arghhh! This is a disaster!" Kai ran his hands through his hair in frustration and plopped on the sofa.

"Oppa, I think you should give her a break," I informed him and picked up Eunjung in my arms before seating on the sofa with Kai.

"Huh?" Kai frowned at me.

"She's only a year old. She still has a long way to go," I explained.

"Nooo-nooo!" Eunjung repeated, bouncing her pink bunny on me and squishing her bunny into my face. "Nooo-nooo!"

"We can try," Kai gave me a hopeful look.

"Nooo-nooo!" Eunjung trilled happily as I pretended to kiss her toy.

"She grew up so fast," Kai broke the silence.

"What do you mean?" I tilted my head slightly at him. I felt Eunjung becoming quieter. She snuggled into my chest.

"I mean it takes years to meet you and have..."

"Of course it will take years! You can't expect Eunjung to pop out from me at that age," I interrupted him.

"I...I didn't mean it that way," Kai defended himself.

Averting his gaze away from you while cursing himself mentally for stuttering, I touched his cheeks with one of my hands before squeezing it. Kai yelped in annoyance. I tried to look as normal as possible, pretending nothing ever happened. Kai's face started to grow red while I smiled mischievously.

"Aigoo oppa gets even cuter when he stutters!" I cooed with a sly smirk.

Kai's face flushed red and he stared at his feet,  hoping no one would notice how embarassed he was.

I chuckled silently, not wanting to wake Eunjung. My eyes averted from Kai to the sleeping baby girl in my arms. The innocence showed on the sleeping face, the peaceful and serene dreams blocking out the dangers of the outside. The soft breathing making the world seem to stand still.

"I s...should bring her to our room," Kai suggested.

"You're still stuttering!" I pointed a finger at him.

Kai froze. His face turning into a tomato red colour. "You'll wake her up!" he whispered and cradled her in his arms. Kai quickened his pace towards our bedroom.

"Oppa! You changed the topic! Yah! I'm not done yet," I laughed softly.

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys! This is my first Kai daddy scenario. I hope you like it. Kai is sooooooooooooooooooooo cute! Please leave a comment and tell me what you think about it :) I hope to update here soon!