Bubbles

Together We Make a Family

My current favourite chapter XD

Daddy Kim just LOVES to dream 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

 

 

A breeze brushed past, teasing the thin strands of her shoulder-length hair.

She had the deepest green eyes with a touch of hazel in them.

Her smile would melt his heart and when she flashed her pearly white teeth, she would light up an entire room.

Her voice was every bit as beautiful as her glamour.

Her white dress was tight enough to show her flawless figure.

He held out his hand for her to take. She complied, but instead of shaking hands like everyone else, he brought her hand to his lips and placed a gentle kiss upon it. She felt her face flush warm and the hairs on her neck stand.

Something fluttered in her stomach.

She didn't know what that feeling was.

She thought it was a bizarre sensation, but it wasn't unpleasant.

In that moment she knew that if she spoke, her words would fumble and she wouldn't be able to make her usual witty remarks. Right there and then, she was at a loss for everything; no words, no breath, no thoughts.

The only thing that came out of at that moment was her name, and even then it came out shaky and quiet. 

I stopped talking and cocked my head slightly at my husband.

He was smiling to himself. And he was giving that weird look.

I wondered who he was the lucky person that was able to make him smile like that.

I patted him lightly on the arm. “Oppa, have you been listening?”

His own eyes widened back at you, “What do you mean what? Didn’t you say something is bothering you?”

JongIn stared at me as I blinked at him. Slowly he watched a smile crossed my face and that smile quickly turned to laughter.

He was absolutely confused.

“Jagi?” he stuttered as he called out to you, “Are you alright?”

“She really was too cute,” He thought.

As he leaned forward my pulse raced.

A small lock of hair tumbled in front of my face, resting just in front of my cheek, but with one swift slide of his thumb, it was brushed out of the way.

Looking into his eyes I saw deep pools of chocolate that displayed his soul.

His lips touched my cheek.

Time stopped.

My heart came to a halt.

My breath caught in my throat. Our fingers locked together similar to puzzle pieces. As the soft skin of his mouth left the side of my face, the exact spot where they had come into contact burned and tingled. A hot blazing fire pulsed through me.

A small grin crept onto my face and my cheeks painted themselves rose red. He pulled away silently, but our eyes locked, having a private conversation of their own.

I cleared my throat and dangled a Pororo-shaped bottle in front of his face. “Look what I bought!”

Perfect spheres of rainbow colours swirled and danced, floating gently away on a summer breeze, drifting up and down.

“Aren’t you too old for that?” He crossed his arms.

“It’s just a little something,” I pouted. “For Eunjung.”

“Mummy,” A voice whispered out to me.

Eunjung tottered over to her daddy and I who were sitting on the sofa.

“Oh,” JongIn gasped and picked her onto his lap. “You’re up!”

Eunjung’s tiny fingers grabbed the string which was attached to the Pororo-shaped bottle. “That!”

I glanced around. “I don’t-oh”

“They are bubbles, Eunjung!” I chirped happily.

Eunjung watched me carefully twist open a brightly coloured container. “Let me show you!”

She peeked inside and saw liquid sloshing around with a stick in it. Her mummy pulled the stick out. There was a circle on the end of the stick, but it looked empty. As her attention began to wander, her mummy put it to and blew.

Like magic, three-dimensional circles appeared in the air. The bubbles floated in different directions. She could see through them, yet she could also see bright colours. When her daddy finally touched one of the bubbles, it disappeared!

“Eunjung,” JongIn called out. “Try and pop the bubbles.

She saw floating before her a small, dense, transparent sphere. It was full of air and its walls were made of a thin layer of liquid.

It looked so fragile...and yet completely beautiful. It was like a rare gem made of two main elements; air and water.

Light would reflect and refract and colourful sparks would be seen forming on its surface.
It was so irresistible, as the rainbow coloured sphere flew towards her.

“Eunjung nooo-nooo!” She flapped her arms wildly and tried to bury her face in her daddy’s chest.

I dipped the stick into the bottle again. “Eunjung, they are just bubbles.”

She covered her face with her arms when the bubbles flew in her direction.

“Daddy nooo-nooo!” She buried her face in the crook of JongIn’s neck.

He gave me a wry smile. “Some things turn out differently.”

“But it’ just bubbles,” I said, my eyes dropped down to the bottle in my hands.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure that are other things lying in the house that we can play with,” He ruffled up my already messy hair.

I scowled and whipped my face away from JongIn.

I felt hopeless.

Unexpectedly, his hand drifted to my hip. It settled there and pulled me closer. I inhaled sharply. I was against his warm chest with Eunjung in between, chiseled to perfection. Must he be so perfect?

I splayed my hand against it, intending to push him away, but instead I left it there. His breathing quickened as did mine. He began nuzzling my neck with delicate kisses.

“Not now,” I hissed as I fought back the urge to smile.

He kissed my forehead and pinched my cheek with one hand that was not occupied with Eunjung.

He placed his index finger at the corner of my lip.

“Smile, you will look even prettier.”