MacDonald

Together We Make a Family

The toddler buried her head into Bom’s back and giggled as she saw her father approaching her.

“Is it fun playing with Bom?” Kai cocked his head slightly at his daughter.

Her eyes formed crescents.  The girl squealed as she tugged on Bom’s fluffy bunny ear. “Y-yah, you shouldn’t hurt Bom.”

Kai pried her fingers gently from the rabbit’s long ears. Eunjung went to her father’s arms in an attempt to escape from the oncoming “scolding” that she was going to receive from her father from terrorizing the poor rabbit belonging to her mother.

The father who initially wanted to reprimand his daughter for disturbing the four-legged ball of fluff ended up smiling and chuckling at her adorable antics.

Kai brushed Eunjung’s fringe and pressed a slight kiss to her forehead. He then held her tiny hands and kissed her knuckles as she buried her face into my husband’s chest.

“I can’t get mad at you no matter how hard I try. Who can resist this cute face?” He looked at her and cupped her face, showering her with kisses.

He grabbed the small bowl from the coffee table and showed it to Eunjung.

“What’s this?” I heard Kai, averting Eunjung’s gaze to the contents in the bowl.

“Anana,” Eunjung replied, arms flailing wildly to reach for the bowl which was not within her reach.

He grinned at her actions. “Can you say “banana”, Eunjung?”

“Anana!” she chirped. “Anana!”

Her father laughed aloud. “Okay, okay. I’ll give you your dessert!”

Kai mixed the banana mixture he prepared earlier before spooning  

Aaahhhhh~” Kai said as Eunjung’s mouth opened wide to welcome the yellow goodness into .

The toddler gripped on her father’s sweatpants as she tried to stand up on her two little feet. She wobbled slightly but eventually managed to stand up on her own.

“Good job Eunjung!” Kai cooed as she clapped enthusiastically not before she began to make a grab for her father’s nose.

“No!” she drawled out a giggle.

“Okay, now you’re happy.”

Eunjung stared at Kai blankly, her eyes unblinking. The spoon which Kai was holding in one hand stopped in mid-air when she eyed her father curiously.

Slowly, the spoon approached Eunjung. Still with unblinking eyes, she received the food. Her tongue ran over her lips. She smacked her lips in delight. Her cheeks were full of mashed banana. Kai couldn’t help but laugh at how charming his daughter was being.

“Jagi, look. Eunjung’s standing on her own!” the proud father announced to me as I went to join the both of them in the living room.

I turned to look at Eunjung with wide eyes. “I need to take a picture of this!”

Without wasting anymore time, I took out my phone from my back pocket and began to take multiple shots of my daughter.

“You don’t have to take so many shots of the same pose, you know?” My husband gave his opinion.

“Hm?” I looked at him from the corner of my eye. “What do you mean?”

“I meant that we have other photos of Eunjung standing and –” Kai started but my sudden burst of laughter cut him off.

Eunjung whipped her head to look at her mother who was laughing very hard.

“She reminds me of myself when I was younger,” I said as I laughed. “My mum took a picture of me when I was standing up on my own too. I can’t help but to think that she looks a bit like me. Don’t you think so, oppa?”

“Well, I think she looks like me,” He muttered as he began to feed Eunjung another spoonful.

“Sure,sure.” I nodded.

My eyes scanned over Eunjung’s figure. “Where did her other shoe go?” I mused.

Kim Eunjung had the tendency to always lose one item from a pair. “She definitely took after that trait from you, jagi. I am positively sure of that.”

My husband laughed lightly as he watched me grumble softly under my breath.

The toddler waddled towards my outstretched arms.  She giggled as I kissed her cheek. After a few seconds, I released Eunjung from the hug. Her face was contorted, brows furrowed and lips pursed into a line. She was bending forward slightly. I held her on her arm to steady her.

“Opps, she did a fart.” Eunjung turned her attention to her father and smiled.

She twirled around before landing in her father’s arms. He planted a kiss on Eunjung’s forehead. Unexpectedly, she let out a scream, fussing to be released.

Her hazel brown eyes landed on the MacDonald package behind her father. I laced my fingers together and used them to prop my chin up. I laughed silently at Kai’s unsuccessful attempts to shower his baby with kisses.

Eunjung’s giggling captured my attention and he followed his daughter’s gaze. “Yah, Eunjung ah. What are you laughing at?”

My husband was faster as he noticed what Eunjung’s sudden interest was. Quickly, he closed the package. Unfortunately, she was able to fit her whole arm in it. “Eunjung.” The said girl averted her eyes to the sound of her father calling out her name.

Kai held her fist gently in his large hand. “You can’t have MacDonald’s.” Eunjung frowned as if she could understand his words. Her hand reached into the package again to try and grab few fries.

“No.” he said gently.

She stood up but her eyes were on the MacDonald’s package. He crumpled the opening of the package to prevent her from reaching into it. Eunjung gripped onto her father’s arm and pointed at the package. “You had your lunch.”

Determination was written all over her face. When her father wasn’t looking, Eunjung made a reach for the burgers and fries in the bag.

“It’s not good for you.”

Eunjung arm flailed wildly, demanding for a french fry to be given to her. “It tastes really good. But still it’s not good for you.” He repeated.

She smacked her lips and patted her father’s cheeks. One of her hands was still gripping onto his arm.

“You can have MacDonalds when you’re twenty one.”

I pressed a hand to my mouth to suppress my laughter. They looked so cute together.

“Are you serious?” I gasped as my eyes trailed to Eunjung who lost interest with MacDonalds. She was now headed to Jjanggu who was lying on his stomach.

 “Yeah.” He nodded. “MacDonalds is unhealthy.”

“So you’re not eating it?”

He replied exasperatedly. “It’s unhealthy, jagi!”

I touched the tip of my nose to his. “I’ll be taking this then!” I grabbed the package from him before skipping away.

Kai sputtered, “I mean – I think –”

He watched me skip away, probably to devour on whatever remains of the food, with a sigh and a shake of his head.

But a smile on his face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

..........................................................................................................................................

I heard about what happened to Kai at the concert. Let's pray for a smooth recovery :) That's why I decided to type out to cheer you up !

Hehehehe, baby Kim is finally here after a long time :DD

THANK YOU FOR 200 SUBSCRIBERS! you guys are the best ever :P Thank you so much for showing me your support. I feel motivated to write when I read your adorable comments ^^

Thank you once again :D

 

*hugs and kisses*

*throws confetti in the air*  

*doing a happy dance*