#EUNsik / #HyunJUNG

Together We Make a Family

“That’s my spot!” Joonhyuk pushed through Suho and Kyungsoo’s bodies to get into position.

“Joonhyuk ah, you shouldn’t push people like that. It’s not nice,” his father, Kim Joonmyeon said gently.

The said boy bowed deeply and apologized to his father and uncle.

Kyungsoo laughed and shook his head. “It’s no big deal. All he wants is to see the baby like everyone else!”

They were all crowded around the mat where nine ten young boys or toddlers rather were seated in a circle.

I watched as my husband set Eunjung down the mat. She began crawling to the side and Minhyuk, Xiumin oppa’s son laughed. “Eunjung ah! You’re crawling the wrong way!” He shouted. The dark brown haired boy ran towards the baby to guide her towards the right path.

“Thank you, Minhyuk," I said and planted a kiss on his cheek.

Suddenly, I felt arms wrapped around me. “You’re only supposed to kiss me,” That familiar voice whispered huskily into my ear.

“People are watching, oppa,” I said through gritted teeth.

Kai pressed his face into the crook of my neck and nuzzled the area affectionately. “But, jagi!” He whined.

“Pick me, Eunjung!” Joonhyuk screamed.

“No, pick me instead!” Park Chanyong insisted. “Don’t you love oppa’s big ears, Eunjung?”

Zhang Chanming sighed and averted his eyes to Bom, the rabbit. He patted Daehan, the older one of Kim Jongdae’s twin boys, on the shoulder and pointed a finger to the rabbit. The younger boy gave his hyung a cheeky smile. Both boys left their parents and friends to play with my rabbit. Apparently, rabbits were more interesting than girls. I meant baby girls.

Daehyun the younger of the twins, bounced Oh Hyunwoo on his lap. “Eunjung ah, oppa will read books to you every day if you choose me!”

Huang Zhi Qiang pouted, his lower lip jutted out. “Daddy, I’m hungry!“ Tao, his father shook his head. Jongdae oppa who was sitting beside Tao oppa snickered, earning a slap on the back from the younger male.

Kai nudged me and asked, “Who do you want her to pick?”

“I don’t really have a preference,” I replied with a smile.

“Really? That’s not possible. You must have a favourite out of the nine of them!” He argued.

I thought for a while. “Maybe Byun Hyunsik?”

I saw the shock registered on his face before he could hide it. A small smile played on my lips. “B-but jagi, there are better guys out there!”

A satisfaction, as if having completed a deeply, personally needed action; expressed by the slightest curve at the mouth's corner and a youthful confidence worn in light rays of the eyebrow above a quizzical, joyful eye. I laughed softly at my husband’s reply.

“And baby Eunjung is approaching … Chanyong! No! Wait, Daehyun!” Chanyeol oppa, acted as the announcer for that day.

All of us held our breath.

“Come on Eunjung, pick anyone else except for Hyunsik …” Kai murmured to himself.

“Eunjung ah!!” a voice broke the moment.

“Pick Uncle Sehun instead!” Sehun suggested.

Baekhyun oppa narrowed his eyes. “Yah, that’s not how the game goes. Besides, you’re too old to play!” He retorted.

“My son is too young to play!” Sehun fought back. I rolled my eyes as they turned to face Lay oppa. “Let’s just settle this in peace alright?”

Fortunately, everyone agreed.

“ME!!!” Minhyuk screamed. Xiumin oppa sighed in embarrassment and told him to keep his voice down.

“Wait she’s changed direction – she’s going closer to Zhi Qiang? Wait, no back to Daehyun? No … No! Eunjung go for Chanyong!” Chanyeol oppa shouted.

Protests erupted throughout the living room. “You’re supposed to be neutral in this hyung!” Kai nagged.

Chanyeol oppa raised his hands in defeat. “Okay, okay!”

“Ah yeah, come on, Eunjung!” Chen oppa said and at the same time sneakily gestured the baby over to his older son.

Eunjung was only inches away from Joonhyuk when she suddenly turned 180 degrees and headed for the person in the complete opposite direction.

“She’s picked someone!” Chanyeol oppa announced.

“Alright, where’s Hyunsik?” Baekhyun oppa asked as he frantically looked around for his son.

“Oh no.” My husband muttered as he followed his hyung’s gaze to the centre.

“No no no no no no!” Kai screamed as I turned to see what the fuss was all about.

There in the middle of the mat were Eunjung and Hyunsik. The girl was in the older boy’s arms. Each time he tickled her sides, she squealed. In my opinion, I think my daughter enjoyed the attention she was getting from him.

“This can’t be happening. I’m seeing things,” Baekhyun oppa muttered.

“Why him??” Kai cried. “Of all the boys in the world, why him?? Eunjung ah, what do you see in him? You could do so much better!”

 “Hey!” Baekhyun oppa interjected. “What’s so wrong with my son?”

“Oh, it’s not your son. It’s his father!” Kai spat. “My precious baby will never, mark my words, NEVER be with your son!”

"Some things never change no matter how much time passes, huh?" Suho oppa smiled.

"Of course." Chanyeol oppa laughed.

"We did spend a lot of time together. It was bound to turn out like this." Chen oppa added in.

"Too much time if you ask me." Sehun muttered.

"Yah. You know you don’t mean that." Tao oppa laughed and tossed his arm over Sehun’s shoulders. An arm that Sehun quickly shook off.

"We’ll probably always be like this." Xiumin smiled.

You nodded to yourself. They probably would.

 “I’m sorry, ---- it had to turn out like this,” Lay oppa rubbed my back.

In return, I gave him a genuine smile. “It’s okay oppa! I’m used to it.”

“Do you want some cake?”

“Of – ,” Chanming and Daehan interrupted me before I had the chance to reply to Lay oppa’s question.

“Let’s go eat cake!” Chanming grinned and slipped his hand into mine while Daehan slipped his hand into my other hand.

Life wasn't so bad if you have nine other young boys in your house. I giggled to myself at that thought