Vacuum

Together We Make a Family

Unlike the ceramic of a plate or the rubbery surface of Jjanggu’s toy, this one was fashioned from what appeared to be of a mixture of plastic and a bit of metal. She had seen such pictures of such circular objects in the story books but not as artistic and pretty as what the books had claimed. This one looked like its maker had an imagination lobotomy. It was just a circular block of god knows what it’s made of – more like something from a rubbish chute than what her mommy or daddy would normally buy. Eunjung pressed her nose on the gadget and moved her eyeballs side to side. She huffed. Why put a strange thing here if she was unable to play with it?

Still, the toddler focused on the round phenomenon in front of her. Her curiosity building like a cat fixated on its prey.

Suddenly, the oblique commodity whirred into life. She stared at it in awe for a good five seconds.

What was this thing? The thought trundled through her brain like a Maglev train, with no intention of stopping.

The bizarre object started moving towards her without giving any warning. Her bottom lip quivered at the “monster” in front of her.

Hastily, she crawled away from it. Fear was drawn across her face. The girl however stopped crawling to observe the beast. Her brows were furrowed in concentration trying to think of what it actually was.

The whirring sound came to a stop but Eunjung’s movements didn’t. She crawled to where her father was and paused right in front of him.

Humming once again, the small sized machine moved in circles. The girl let out a cry and clambered into Kai’s lap.

“Why?” he blinked at the girl in his arms, “It’s harmless.”

The said girl buried her face in the crook of Kai’s neck. He laughed softly at her antics. Kai went forward and grabbed the object that was scaring his daughter. Then he sat down and placed it in front of him.

He shoved his arms further in and she yelled. Eunjung couldn’t escape even if she wanted to for the horror was only a few tiny steps in front of her.

“It won’t hurt you, Eunjung.” He laughed lightly. “Just give it a pat on top.”

“Nooo-oooo!” She snapped. Apparently, she found a way to escape and was waddling towards Bom, the rabbit. Unfortunately, her father who was obviously bigger and faster than her sidestepped back into her path. “Nooo-nooo!” She screamed.

“Not until you pat it.” He crouched down till both of their eyes met before moving it closer to Eunjung again.

She jerked back and bumped into the dog behind her  and she went sprawling on the floor. Luckily, the floor was carpeted.

“Eunjung!” He kneeled down next to her. “Are you okay!”

She gabbled and turned to her side as she tossed her hands over her face.

There was a soft sound and she moved her arms slowly and opened her eyes.

Kai flinched when she yelled.

The vacuum which he was holding earlier was now beside her head. The continuous humming kind of irritated the toddler.

She flailed herhands to try and get the vacuum away from her but it just sat there and stared at her. Her flailing wasn’t scaring it the slightest bit. It actually looked rather unimpressed since it was not a living thing.

"See. It’s not that bad." Her father commented as he moved from a kneeling position to a sitting position.

"Eunjung?" he called her softly when her flailing stopped.

He stared at her. He could see her eyes wavering as she stared at the machine. Her face was slightly pale and was parted.

There was always another time.

 He sighed and picked her up in his arms.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...................................................................................................................................

A short one to keep my brain cells going. Still I hope you enjoy? ^^

Has anybody watched the video of Kai which SM posted quite recently? HE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD-LOOKING! :DD