Youth

Together We Make a Family

He had the type of face that will never age.

He had the kind of face that stopped you in your tracks. I guess he must get used to that, the sudden pause in a person's natural expression when they looked his way followed by overcompensating with a nonchalant gaze and a weak smile. Of course the blush that accompanied it was a dead give-away. It didn't help that he was so modest with it, it made the girls fall for him all the more. Despite all the opportunity that came his way he was a one-woman-man who prized genuineness and thoughtful conversation above lipstick and high-heels. He was handsome alright, but inside he was beautiful.

The strong jaw and definite check bones that gave him a strong appearance. His skin was unblemished and perfectly toned.  And his hair, oh his hair, it curled down his head in silky chocolate ripples. I wanted to touch his hair; I wanted to comb my fingers through it. You could almost tell he was a dancer just by the way he was sitting.

He had full dark lashes and pouted Paris lips I could not take my eyes off of. And when he looked at me, his eyes shone brightly. 

"Take a picture. It lasts longer." He whispered as he patted Eunjung lightly to sleep.

I rolled my eyes and stared blankly at the laptop screen right in front of me.

"A penny for your thoughts?" 

I sighed. "How can you still look so good even after so many years?" 

"I'm awesome, that's why," he replied cockily. "But, what are you really thinking though?"

"Time flies. And it's another year again," I mumbled as my fingers danced daintily on the keyboard.

His lips formed a smile. "Come on, it's not that bad. You can always take it as a chance to try something new."

I nodded idly when an idea suddenly came up to my mind. "Oh, maybe I should take another major!"

JongIn blinked a few times. My answer was unexpected. "W-well, that's great. I was thinking about other things. What do you want to achieve this year?"

I scrunched my nose and tried to think of something.

"I want to be a better mother to Eunjung and a better wife to you and ... " I stopped mid-sentence. "I can't think of anything else."

He pressed a kiss to my cheek. "It's okay. You've got a lot of time to think about it. Take it slow."

JongIn held my hand and started drawing on the back of my hand absent-mindedly.

"I just want everyone I love to be happy and maybe more babies?"

I smacked his arm.

"Ow, you'll wake Eunjung!"