Bye

Together We Make a Family

“Eunjung ah, omma has work so I will be away for a little while,” I poked Eunjung gently on her nose.

Her chubby hand came out of the blanket and wrapped around my finger and a quiet, cooing, gurgle escaped much to my delight.

I laughed softly and ran a finger through her dark brown locks. She grew up so much.

It seemed like only yesterday Kai and I met. Five years on, and we have a family of three. Maybe another addition, I hope?

“Jagi, why do you keep saying the same thing to Eunjung every night?” a voice sighed behind the two of us. He pursed his lips and furrowed his brow as he looked back down at me.

“Appa!” A tiny pipsqueak of a voice shouted. “Appa! Appa!”

Two hands came out to take her from me and she attacked the new arrival with kisses and a large hug. Eunjung buried her face in Kai’s neck, her small arms wrapped around him.

I patted the space beside me and he immediately took a seat.

“Well, by telling my daughter that I’m leaving, it will help her develop the security she needs and it will make goodbyes easier for her in the long run,” I explained.

Kai blinked repeatedly. He stared at me for at least forty seconds. Shyly, he rubbed the back of his neck. “I don’t quite get it.”

I chuckled lightly, “I meant that she won’t have to be so worried if I have to go overseas again the next time.”

Kai nodded in understanding. “Can I read her a story?”

Kai told the story expressively, using the pets to illustrate. Eunjung’s dark eyes were huge as she watched her father paint pictures in her mind. When the story ended, she scrambled up and proceeded to climb on to her father’s lap.

He picked her and swung her in the air. “Eunjung can fly~~~!” He zoomed her across the room and she squealed.

After a few minutes, he tucked her back in. He pulled the covers up to her armpits before kissing her on her cheek. Then she grabbed his hand.

“Appa, sing!”

He chuckled and sang her lullabies. I placed my hand on his shoulder and he hugged me as he sang. His hands my hair and I revelled in the moment. It was rare that he would be home, much less at ease and singing. He was popular. He was still popular. It couldn’t be help.

Tiny snores told me that my little Kim angel had already fallen asleep and I stood up, with Kai following. He flicked off the light switch and nudged me towards our shared room.

I began to do last minute checks on the things that I needed to bring for the overseas trip while he sat on the bed, watching.

I'm not sure if you'd say she was classically beautiful, but her large liquid brown eyes held such an intelligence and serenity that it was impossible for me not to be held prisoner by them. Her cheekbones weren't especially high and her nose was a little too long to be perfect, but there was undeniable symmetry to her features and perhaps that's what held me so captivated. She wore her long black hair in a bun each day, but in my mind it was long and fluid, lying gently over her shoulder bones, kissing her soft skin. It was all I could do not to stutter and blush when she addressed me.

She was still as beautiful as she was when he and she had first dated.

He admired his wife’s profile in the shadows.

Kai blushed at his own thoughts.

  I felt someone’s arms wrapped around my waist. That someone instantly rested his chin on my shoulder. I smiled to myself, inhaling that familiar intoxicating scent.

“Why do you have to go?” Kai muttered in my ear, nipping lightly at my earlobe. “Can’t you just stay?”

“I really want to stay with you and Eunjung but I can’t.” I smiled and placed a hand over his hand that wrapped on my waist. I turned around so that I could face him. “The hospital needs me to attend a conference. Besides, it’s been only three months since I’ve officially become a doctor. I have no right to oppose the director’s decision.”

He sighed and brushed his thumb against my cheek. “Aren’t you at least going to give me a goodbye present?”

“What do you mean?” I asked softly, my brows furrowed together.

He leaned down to press his warm lips against mine. He moved his lips gently against mine. My hands gripped his shoulders as I moved my lips with his, deepening the kiss to shift the atmosphere from simple innocence to passionate. Kai’s hands dropped to my waist, running up and down my sides, brushing against the underside of my covered s. Changing the angle of the wet kiss, he parted my lips and pushed his tongue into my mouth, rubbing the pink muscles against mine sensually.

His hands massaged my hips gently and I softly moaned into his mouth. My hands pulled him closer to me, pressing my front against his as our tongues engaged in a sweet dance inside my mouth. Then he was kissing my chin before moving down to my jawline. I closed my eyes and turned my head, offering him my neck and sighing contently as I felt his lips move across the skin. Then his mouth latched on a certain spot and . I let out a little whine, gritting my teeth so I didn’t get louder. At the same time, I also gripped onto his shirt.

“I love it when you do that,” he huskily whispered in my ear before attacking my neck again.

I bit my lip and whimpered as I felt the growing desire spread through me. A shiver went down my spine when he moved to the other side of my neck.

Both of us snapped out of our daze when we heard a baby’s cry.

Without hesitation, Kai exited the room. He walked down the hall and pushed the door in front of him open.

He could see flailing limbs and a blanket being tossed around in the dark. Kai lifted her into his arms. However, Eunjung wouldn’t stop crying.

“Omma…omma,” she said firmly, causing her father to sigh loudly.

 

Her lips trembled and tears ran down her rosy cheeks the moment she saw me. “Eunjung ah, why are you crying?”

Eunjung reached out to me and moved into my arms, burying her face into my neck. I rubbed small circles on her back to soothe her.

“Usually, she wouldn’t mind if you tucked her to bed again…” I muttered under my breath. Unfortunately for me, he heard everything.

Kai whispered and touched Eunjung’s skin, “I think she knows that you’re leaving.”

 

Eunjung refused to let go of me even when I wanted to bathe. When I left her for a while, she would cry for me. She didn’t want her dad at that moment. Goodbyes were going to be harder than expected.

Finally, we were standing outside the departure hall.

Kai brushed the back of his hand against my cheek. “I’m going to miss you.”

“I will be gone only for three weeks. It’s not that long,” I pointed out, lacing my fingers between his.

He cupped my cheeks in his hands and pressed his lips passionately against mine. Pulling away, he his lips tasting my cherry chapstick with a small smirk. “Take care of yourself.”

“I will,” I beamed and adjusted Eunjung who was hoisted at my right hip.

“Eunjung ah, omma has to go now. Omma will be back soon. Be good with appa, okay?” Eunjung shook her head and buried herself into my neck.

I felt her tears seeping through the thin jacket that I wore. Kai blinked repeatedly, not knowing what to do.

“Eunjung ah, omma will be back as soon as possible. You’ll have a lot of fun with appa,” I pressed a kiss on top of the forehead. Eunjung’s body was trembling and I had tears in my eyes.

Passengers flying from Incheon International Airport to London Heathrow International Airport please enter the departure hall now.

Kai pulled Eunjung from my arms. It was hard to unlatch her finger from my clothes. The shoulder area of my attire was crinkled and wet with tears. Eunjung unburied her head from my shoulder and began screaming for me. “Omma!”

Her dark eyes were full of tears and her lips quivered. Her small libs flailed wildly, refusing to be carried by her father. My baby girl began sobbing uncontrollably.

I gave my husband and daughter one last peck on the cheek each before entering the departure hall.

Eunjung’s cries could be heard clearly even though there was a glass wall separating us. I waved at them and headed towards the waiting area.

Her tiny body shook as her cries got louder. Kai patted her on the back to soother her cries but it only made her wail even harder.

She continued to cry and Kai looked at her with his famous stare.

Eunjung stopped crying and Kai smiled while wiping away her tears.

“I didn’t know that my stare could stop your crying. Omma will be happy when she finds out,” Kai said kissing her forehead.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~`

I hope that you enjoyed the chapter! Those who are going to school tomorrow I wish you all the best :D School is not as bad as you think it is ^^

See you soon :P