Dinner

Together We Make a Family

The lights from the lamp posts twinkled and sparkled against the ebony canvas whereas the lights from the stars in the sky created a piece of artwork that couldn’t be possibly painted by any talented artist. Matte charcoal black uncontrollably covered in thousands and millions of bright specks. I love that you can see star, after star, after star, a never ending void of light that projects no means of guidance in my eyes. I envy people that can read these stars. The complicated configurations and patterns of light which have taken years to be seen by the average eye.Moving my gaze from the large windows, I slowly walked over to the closet once I heard my husband, Kai, turn on the water in the shower.

Pushing open the closet door, I looked through the clothes that hung down from the hangers. Looking to my side of the closet, I frowned as I couldn’t really find anything comfortable to wear. My eyes went back to Kai’s side of the closet. All of his clothes were neatly organized by colours, from light to dark. Tilting my head slightly, my fingers tapped against my lips as my eyes scanned his clothes, trying to find white shirt anymore due to its small size. Carefully, I pulled the shirt from the hanger before loosening the towel that was wrapped around my body. After that, I pulled Kai’s shirt over my bare shoulders.

Fiddling with the buttons, I managed to button all of them up besides the top two or three buttons, rolling up the sleeves; happily I dried my hair with a towel and combing through it afterwards. Black strands cascaded down my back like molten onyx. Running my fingers through my freshly, washed hair, I loosely tied it into a low ponytail as I made my way to the kitchen.

Slowly walking down the stairs, my stomach growled, one of my hands pressed against my stomach and gripped the fabric over my abdomen just in an attempt to silence the hungry organ. Padding over into the kitchen, I pulled the refrigerator open and the light flooded over my face, while I tried to find something to eat. Looking in the pantry next, I twirled a lock of my hair with my finger while I searched for something that sounded good to eat.

The water from the shower shut off, turning my head to look at the bedroom door, I bit my lip wondering if my husband was hungry too. Finding some canned soup, I pulled out the two cans and put them in a large bowl together, adding water to hydrate the soup, I placed it inside of the microwave. Covering the bowl with a paper towel, closing the door and punching in the right code to reheat the soup, I busied myself with finding two bowls to be used to contain the soup that we would be drinking later.

He watched me as I moved around the kitchen, his hand gently rubbing a towel over his wet hair, listening to the microwave hum with heat and at the same time watching me trying to reach for two bowls that were high up in the cabinet. He just chuckled at my cuteness. Letting his eyes skim through my evening attire, he walked towards the kitchen as he felt his heart pounding faster. With me raised on the tips of my toes, the bottom of his white shirt lifted just slightly to show off more of my beautiful legs, with the sleeves rolled up to the elbow but then sliding down my arm over and over again since they were still too big for me caused blush to sear through his cheeks and for a moment he felt that his cheeks were on fire.

Trying to still reach the two bowls, I felt something come up from behind me, when I saw another arm next to mine effortlessly grabbing the two black plastic bowls and bring it down so that I could reach them easier. I followed the familiar muscular arm to his shoulder, noticing the veins slightly pulsing against his skin as he looked down at me with those hazel brown eyes of his.

“Thank you,” I whispered softly as I felt my cheeks turn a scarlet red. I could feel his body heat radiating from him through the thin material of his shirt that I was wearing as I looked shyly at him.

“You’re welcome,” he leaned down and planted a delighted kiss on my cheek, letting his lips linger on my soft skin for a few seconds while his arms rested on my waist.

Silence enveloped between the both of us. “What are we having for dinner?”

“Mushroom soup,” I replied, moving away from him as I wanted to place the two bowls and spoons on the island at the side of the kitchen.

“Ah I see,” He nodded, leaning back against the countertop, as he watched me while his thumbs drummed against the edge of the countertop.

The beeping of the timer sounded, I walked over and carefully took out the soup, placing it on the countertop below. Stirring it carefully, I tasted it cautiously making sure that it was warm enough to eat. Ladling out two even portions for Kai and me, I carried both our bowls as I placed it on the counter top beside him. 

“Thank you,” he smiled as he stirred the soup with his spoon.

“Sorry, we couldn’t have something nicer to eat,” I mumbled apologetically.

“I like the soup,” He got up and wrapped his arms around my waist to kiss me. It was passionate yet breath taking like he wanted to assure me that he didn’t mind having only soup for dinner.

“Let’s eat,” He said and ran his fingers through my silky loose ponytail.

Picking up a spoonful of soup, he hungrily ate his dinner, making sure that he had a clean bowl. Cleaning his bowl, I slipped my finished bowl into the sink as well; Kai cleaned it and dried it with care as I wiped the countertop clean.

I decided to place the bowls at the top cabinet. Finding myself trying yet again to reach somewhere high up, Kai moved behind me to help me out, placing the bowls to the place which they belonged.

“There you are,” his lips grazed my earlobes as he spoke huskily into it. His arm found its way around my waist. After putting the bowls back to their rightful place, he looked down at me as his other arm wound around my waist.

“Thank you,” I replied quietly as I felt butterflies swarming in my stomach. He then started to pull me back into his warm but inviting chest.

“Anytime,” he whispered even more softly against the shell of my ear, slowly I started to turn around in his arms so that I could face him. His eyes locked with mine as my hands crawled up his blank tank top and around his neck. My eyes communicated with his, his hand gently rubbing my lower back while pulling me closer.

I could feel him moving closer, bringing our bodies close together as his hands reached out to touch either side of my face. His light breath hit my nose as his lips brushed over my own, before he fully leaned in and covered my lips. It was a slight, gentle pressure followed by a movement of his mouth on my own. He inhaled and got a little closer until my back rested against the counter.

Kai shifted his position and pulled me a little closer, trailing his left hand down my side until it rested on my waist. Our lips were closed for the first few seconds. The kiss progressed as he began to slowly rub gentle patterns on my cheek with his thumb. His mouth slandered against mine as he tilted his head, parting my lips gently to deepen it. Following his lead, I brushed my fingers against his exposed skin, causing his heart beat to race and his kiss become more passionate and deep. Snaking his hands to my hips, he lifted me up effortlessly onto the counter, my arms still holding onto him as the kiss didn’t break. Sitting on the edge of the countertop, I pulled Kai closer, one of his hands moving onto my back to support my and to hold me closer to him while his other one let his fingers brush over my exposed skin on my legs.

Kai pulled the hair tie out of my hair to enable him to run his fingers through my black strands. He dropped the hair tie on the counter before running his fingers through my scalp.

The kiss was chaste and innocent. We actually shared our feelings through this kiss. And it was Kai who first pulled away when he noticed that I slowly ran out of breath. He fondly tucked a strand of my dark hair behind my ear; his laugh and that touch were both glorious, sending a pleasant shiver down my body. “I love you.”

“I love you, too,” I repeated lovingly.

But when he wanted to bring his lips together again, I pursed my lips, as if something was bothering me.

“What?” Kai asked, worrying that he might did something wrong.

“I have yet to finish my assignment,” I grinned sheepishly.

“Well,” he began. “You can always do the assignment tomorrow. I’ll help you type everything out.” His grin was cheeky, revealing his teeth for a blink of an eye before it turned into a smug one. I knew that whenever he asked for this, I would never have a chance to go against it.

I bit my lip, trying to think of an excuse. However before I could say anything, he kissed my jaw. “I have a hard time holding myself back already.”

In a break of a second, he attacked me in an open-mouthed kiss, letting my hands wander up his chest to wrap around his neck. Kai let his right hand trail down my body while the other one was on my back, supporting my position on the counter. He brought his lips to the crook of my neck and caressed me there; and when I let out a quiet whimper, he knew he was on the right way. His tongue a wet path from the crook of my neck to my collarbones where he started to blow kisses, his warm lips being pressed on my sensitive skin over and over again. Some lasted longer, some lasted shorter, but each kiss was as tender and as fond as before. Shifting his hand upwards, his hand fiddled with the first button of my shirt.

“May I…?” He brought his head up to meet with my loving smile. I nodded in response and pressed a kiss to his lips, assuring him like that.

Without breaking the kiss I started, his left hand rested on my lower back while the right one opened one button after another. I felt his fingertips across my skin, sending shivers down my spine; and they moved slowly over my body, over my stomach. With one last button, the whole shirt was opened.

By holding onto his shoulders, I let him slide the shirt down. He slid my shirt down my shoulders so that it was still covering half of my body, but revealing my shoulders and upper arms, stomach and cleavage. Kai’s hands lay on my hips before he trailed them up to my waist to hold me. Leaning in, he started to kiss my cleavage. My skin was hot, my breathing pace had increased and the grip on his shoulder was tighter now.

His lips continued where he stopped before: he went straight from my collarbones straight to my cleavage. My skin was soft and sensitive there and Kai caressed every inch there carefully yet fondly. His warm lips brushed over my cleavage while soft kissed were planted wherever he came across. My grip tightened even more and my breathing got so heavy that Kai certainly felt how my chest moved up and down against him.

I let out a whimper when he reached the fabric of my bra with his lips. My skin was intensely sensitive there and it was only one layer which prevented him from going further to my peaks.

“Let’s continue in the room.”

A soft blush tinged my cheeks as he picked me up in his arms and carried me to our bedroom with a gentle smile on his lips.

My assignment could wait :D

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.........................................

HELLO GUYS! It's been a while since I've updated. I hope you enjoyed the chapter ^^

I realised that I might not be able to update regularly. As you know, I am currently working and it is quite tiring for me to type at night. I apologise for the inconvenience caused D:

I will definitely not stop writing however I decided to update at my own pace which means that I will take my time to type and carefully plan the stories before posting here for you :D

Thank you so much for waiting patiently!! I really appreciate your support and especially your comments! Your comments are my motivation to keep writing :))

See you soon :DD