Bye (part 2)

Together We Make a Family

The previously denuded branches offered their wands of tight green bud to the brilliant rays of spring. The wind had lost its bite; it had become ambient, congenial, blowing branches and tousling the hair of pedestrians - but no longer stealing their warmth. From the gardens waved the precocious yellow bloom of the daffodils, and should Simon be drawn into the woodland today there were bluebells too. He tilted his head toward the sky to feel the new heat in the sunlight's kiss. How he had missed it in these long grey Seoul months. The only clouds were fluffy, white and quite dispersed, there would be no rain today.

Kai sighed. It had only been a day since his wife left for London.

He shook his head as he headed back inside. He grinned to himself before he sat at the table to continue his work. Eunjung had just fallen asleep. The previous night, her father had a hard time putting her to sleep. Kai managed to get only two hours of sleep but he was thankful that finally Eunjung was able to asleep for a few hours in the afternoon. His baby girl was currently taken her name. This left Kai some time to finish his work that he was supposed to do yesterday night. He had thought all along that his daughter was a daddy’s girl,

He pushed his laptop towards him to begin his work. Halfway through his furious typing on laptop’s keyboard, the sound of a baby’s sniffling reached his ears. Kai looked in the direction of the hallway to his baby girl waddling towards him. She hugged her stuffed rabbit to her chest, her hair a curly mess and her nose a bright red.

“Omma!” Eunjung began to wail when she discovered that it was not her mother that she saw first.

“Omma’s not here. She is still not back yet,” He replied which only made Eunjung cry even louder. He set his laptop aside and pulled Eunjung into his lap.

His baby girl snuggled against his chest, still holding her rabbit and cried pitifully. Kai patter her back comfortingly before standing and resituating Eunjung on his hip. She laid her head on her father’s shoulder as he walked around in an attempt to calm her down. The pearl shaped tears rolled down her rosy cheeks.

Kai looked up when he heard the doorbell rang. “Coming!”

He attempted to put Eunjung on the floor but she let out a scream. She leaned her head into her father’s neck, still sobbing.

“Hello, Uncle! Hello Eunjung!” Joonhyuk waved happily at the father daughter pair. Suho stood behind Joonhyuk and at smiled at the both of them.

“Hi Joonhyuk! Thank you hyung for sending him here. I really need his help. She has been crying non stop since yesterday,” Kai mentioned.

Suho reached out to take Eunjung in his arms but she shook her head and pressed her face into her father’s neck again. “It’s normal. Joonhyuk was behaving like Eunjung too when his mom left for Busan for a day. It’s okay, you’ll manage,” Suho patted Kai on the shoulder.

He bent down to meet Joonhyuk at the eye level. “Behave yourself and have a good time okay? I’ll pick you up later. Be a good boy,” Suho ruffled his son’s hair and pressed a kiss to Joonhyuk’s cheek.

Joonhyuk nodded enthusiastically at his father’s words and waved goodbye to his dad. “Uncle, what do you want me to help you with?”

He smiled at Joonhyuk’s enthusiasm and praised him silently. “Do you mind taking care of Eunjung for a while? I need to do some paperwork for the company.” Kai explained.

“No problem,” Joonhyuk said immediately and outstretched his arms, ready to receive Eunjung. Kai handed Eunjung to Jooonhyuk even though she was flailing her limbs wildly. He pressed a kiss to her forehead before rushing to the kitchen to finish his work.

Eunjung was bawling into Joonhyuk’s shoulder. The surprised boy did his best to stop her crying. He kissed the top of Eunjung’s head and rubbed small circles to her back, humming slightly to no avail.

The older brother carried her to the nursery and put her down. Eunjung tried to make an escape but fortunately Joonhyuk had already locked the gate. Eunjung thrashed in the nursery and kept on wailing, hoping that someone would come for her.

Joonhyuk was clearly having a hard time dealing with Eunjung. But he was not giving up yet. He paced up and down the living room, racking his brain on how to make a baby happy. Without realising it, he tripped on his own feet causing him to fall face down on the floor. “Owwww,” he rubbed the spot on his forehead.

Eunjung stopped crying and watched Joonhyuk with curiosity. She squealed and clapped her hands together happily. Joonhyuk blinked rapidly at her. Finally, an idea reached his head.

The boy began tripping intentionally erupting laughter from his younger sister. Eunjung batted her arms at him when he fell to the floor again. Joonhyuk laughed when she squirted a spit.

Eunjung reached her arms out to him and he approached her.

“Eunjung ah, you’re so cute!” Joonhyuk cooed at her. The baby girl gave him a sloppy kiss on the cheek and tugged on his hair.

……………………………………….

Kai entered the living room when he felt that the atmosphere was too quiet. He quickened his pace and his heart warmed at the sight that greeted him.

Eunjung had snuggled up to Joonhyuk some time during their slumber. He held against his side while both of them slept peacefully, Eunjung’s head against his chest. He shook his head at the his nephew and baby girl but he didn’t have the heart to wake them up.

He stood in front of them and snapped a picture. A smile tugged at his lips as he sent the picture to his wife in London. He came back to the living room to place a blanket over Joonhyuk and Eunjung.

Kai pressed a kiss to Eunjung’s and Joonhyuk’s forehead before whispering softly. “Suho hyung, you brought Joonhyuk up well.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------

Thank you for giving me so much love! Hugs and kisses to all of my subscribers! Have a nice day! This chapter was not edited too XP