Jealous

Together We Make a Family

“Rawr!” Kai made a face at Eunjung and laughed when she squealed. Eunjung batted her arms at him and he moved his head out of the way. “Eunjung’s so scary,” Kai cooed at her.

I was watching Kai from the kitchen and I laughed. “Oppa, you’re going to scare her.”

Kai looked up. “Pfft, she’ll grow up to become a charismatic dancer like her daddy.”  Eunjung let out a scream and Kai picked her up with slight grunt. “Awww, my baby is so cute.” Eunjung patted Kai’s cheek roughly and squirted a spit.

Kai made another face and carried her to the nursery. He shook her soft body gently and she curved herself into her father’s arms. Kai stared lovingly at Eunjung and sighed.

“Eunjung’s so beautiful,” Kai whispered and touched her skin. It was soft and glided against his fingers. He pressed his lips on Eunjung’s rosy chubby cheeks. She grasped onto his finger and started fussing. Kai picked her up and Eunjung immediately quieted. She leaned her head in the crook of his neck. curved into a smile. I came up behind Kai to observe the both of them.

Ding-dong.

“I’ll get it!” I made my way towards the door. After that I looked through the peephole to see who it was. My smile brightened.

“Chanyeol oppa! What are you doing here?”  My eyebrows quirked in confusion.

“Can’t I visit my best friend?” Chanyeol grinned before enveloping me in a bear hug.

“Oppa…put me down! I can’t breathe,” I hit his shoulders softly, making him laugh.

“Eunjung ah! Guess who is here!” I declared to a very sleepy Eunjung.

“EUNJUNG AH! IT’S YOUR FAVOURITE UNCLE! UNCLE CHANYEOL IS HERE!” Chanyeol yelled excitedly, barging into the house.

Eunjung who looked so sleepy a minute ago was wide awake once she heard Chanyeol’s voice. Eunjung squealed and raised her arms. Chanyeol happily picked her up. She grabbed Chanyeol’s cheeks and tugged as hard as she could and he snorted. “You are the cutest thing alive,” Chanyeol told her.

Chanyeol swung her in the air and kissed her nose. Kai’s stare was fixated on Chanyeol and Eunjung. I smiled to myself. Someone was jealous.

 

“Who’s my cute baby girl?” Chanyeol cooed happily to the baby girl on the living room floor. The tiny girl was babbling happily, crawling over to Bom, the rabbit. Eunjung grabbed onto Bom’s fluffy rabbit ears before burying her head in Bom’s back, earning a squeal from Chanyeol. He quickly moved over to Eunjung, joining in her playtime. The girl laughed and squealed happily, crawling on Chanyeol after he lay down on the floor. He held onto Eunjung, lifting her up in the air. “Eunjung’s a superwoman!” Chanyeol exclaimed happily. The baby girl waving her arms and legs excitedly as Chanyeol made little plane noises, moving her around in the air.

While Chanyeol continued to play with my daughter, Kai was sitting on the couch, watching and pouting at the scene in front of him.

“Jjanggu, let’s play with appa!” Kai called out to the pooch. The said pooch ignored Kai and ambled towards Chanyeol who welcomed Jjanggu with open arms.

“Even Jjanggu doesn’t want to play with me,” Kai thought miserably, crossing his arms. His pout deepened and he huffed, slumping in the couch seat.

His eyes flicked from his baby girl to his hyung and then back to his hyung again. Kai grabbed a rattle on the floor and shook it to gain Eunjung’s attention. She turned to look at her daddy. Kai smirked to himself.

“I’m going to succeed this time,” He laughed evilly in his heart.

Kai made a face at Eunjung. He dragged his jaw down and elongated his face. “I’m a monster,” he intoned in a long, drawn-out drawl. He saw the tiny muscles on her face move as she tried to imitate him. However what happened next was unexpected. His baby girl began to cry.

“Ahhhh, I didn’t mean to…” Kai muttered under his breath as he began to make silly faces to soothe Eunjung. Sadly, it only made her wail even louder.

“Eunjung ah, let Uncle Chanyeol cheer you up,”  Eunjung reached out to her uncle and moved into his arms, burying her head into Chanyeol’s neck. She smiled a little and Chanyeol kissed her cheek. Kai widened his eyes in disbelief. B…but she laughed when I made a face just now. Why did she cry at this handsome face? What did I do wrong? What is so good about Chanyeol hyung? Kai ran his finger through his hair in frustration and made his way to the kitchen.

 

Pushing my hair behind my ear, I reached out to grab some cups but something pulled me back.

“----,” Kai whispered in my ears as he swiftly turned me around making me face him. “I’m bored,” He brushed his fingers along my jawline, wrapping his arms around my waist. He let out a little chuckle seeing me become all red and nervous again.

“What do you say we…” his husky voice made chills go down my back. He pushed me back till my back hit the edge of the counter, giving me that smile that all his fangirls fell for. I could feel my heart stop, looking in his tender eys as he leaned closer to my face until our lips were merely centimetres apart. Kai’s hands slowly made his way to my face, cupping it. Letting another giggle escape, he bent down a little and placed his lips on mine, kissing me gently while pushing me closer to him at the same time. My arms wrapped around his neck to deepen the kiss. Even though it wasn’t my first kiss, every time he kissed me I could still feel the butterflies form in my stomach and my heart racing uncontrollably. Pulling away slowly, Kai nuzzled his nose with mine and pressed a kiss to the bridge of my nose. He tangled his fingers with mine, pulling me away from the counter.

“Allow me,” Kai said, grabbing the cups for me. “Anything else?” I shook my head and told him to place them on the table.

“So why are you here?” I raised my eyebrows and looked at him suspiciously.

“I…I told you I was bored,” Kai rubbed the back of his neck shyly

“Yeah right,” I rolled my eyes at him and made my way to the stove to check on the soup.

“----, am I handsome?” Kai asked suddenly. I blinked my eyes at him, trying to supress my smile. My own private thoughts made me blush.

“You already know the answer,” I hurried on with a blush on my cheeks, making Kai grin even wider.

“Is Chanyeol hyung handsome?” He questioned me further.

“Well … "I racked my brains to think of something intelligent to say. I bit my lip, secretly wishing that my brains would cooperate with me at that moment.

“Ah, I see.”  His soft lips stretched into a soft smile that didn’t quite reach his brown eyes. Kai walked away from me with his shoulders hunched. I turned off the fire on the stove and pulled him towards me.

“Oppa, you’re jealous aren’t you?” I whispered in his ear, swaying his body back and forth. I rested my head on his back and hugged him from behind, letting out a cute chuckle seeing Kai puffing up his cheeks annoyed trying to pull me away.  “Eunjung will definitely love her appa more.”

Kai had a sceptical look plastered on his face. He was clearly not convinced with what I had metioned.“I have an idea,” I hummed in an adorable voice, dragging him out of the kitchen.

 

“Okay, let’s play a game!” I announced and lifted Eunjung from Chanyeol’s arms.

“Chanyeol oppa sit here. You sit here,” I pointed to the spot where they needed to be seated. Chanyeol  doubled himself up and burst into a loud harsh cackle of laughter when he heard me address Kai as “you” instead of “yeobo” or “jagiya”. Kai stuck his tongue out childishly at his hyung who was writhing in laughter.

I hoisted Eunjung on my right hip before stating the rules of the game. “Okay, please turn around and face the sliding door.” A stream of protests were heard from the giants. I narrowed my eyes at them and they quickly obeyed.

“Eunjung will be in the centre of the room. She will then crawl to the person she likes the best. You are not allowed to make any noises too,” I said earning groans from the two adults.

The baby girl stared blankly at the boys in front of her. She got up on all fours and began crawling towards her prince charming.

There was something about the way he smiled; the way butterflies seemed to escape from the pit of his stomach and the way the sun had somehow toppled down from the sky and made a home right there in his heart. He had the kind of smile that made you feel happy to be alive and just that little bit more human. His baby girl had chosen him, her daddy. Instantly, the dark clouds that loomed over his head was replaced by a shining sun. He spun the baby girl around and showered her with kisses. I stared at the two and smiled. What a beautiful pair.

Let’s not forget about Chanyeol.

“YEAHHH, I KNEW YOU WOULD CHOOSE…” Chanyeol’s voice trailed when he discovered who it was. It was none other than Jjanggu who was sniffing Chanyeol’s clothes.

“EUNJUNG AH! UNCLE IS SO SAD! HOW COULD YOU CHOOSE HIM?” Chanyeol laid on the floor and began sobbing dramatically. Eunjung giggled and pressed her face into Kai’s neck. The happiness only lasted a moment as Eunjung squirmed in Kai’s arms, her face contorted in frustration. Hesitantly, Kai let her go as Eunjung happily crawled towards Chanyeol again.

I didn't know why I found myself laughing so hard, but all of the sudden, I couldn't stop. My breath came in quick gasps between my unstoppable giggles. Tears gathered in the corners of my eyes, threatening to spill over.

“----,“ Kai whined, wrapping his arms around me. He cuddled up against me, nuzzling his nose against the crook of my neck before kissing my skin. I only turned slightly to push him away from me.

“Well, at least you’re mine,” he whispered in my ear, and I groaned slightly, a chill running down my spine.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELLO THERE! I managed to squeeze a chapter for you guys! I hope that you like it :D KAI IS SO ADORABLE WHEN HE IS JEALOUS :P