Strawberry

Together We Make a Family

“Nooo-nooo,” I heard Eunjung mumble.

The kid moved like her knees were just hinges, wobbling to and fro before falling on her padded bottom. Then she clapped like it was all part of the plan and rolled to her stomach to get up again.

I looked at her and said, “I had a feeling that you’d be here.”

The girl giggled, waving her arms for the pick-up she knew was coming, but before she was hoisted high she was on her bottom again. She grinned wildly at me and I laughed softly as I placed her on the high chair.

“Luckily for you, I bought extra,” I reached into the paper bag which I had already set on the counter and took out a small package of strawberries.

Eunjung waited patiently as I opened the package and then rinsed the strawberries in the sink before placing freshly cut strawberries in front of her. Her eyes twinkled with curiosity and expectation.

I grinned softly at her and propped my chin on my hand, “Would you like to try it?”

“Nooo-nooo!” She exclaimed enthusiastically before reaching into the small yellow bowl for a small piece of the fruit. Eunjung bounced in her high chair like she was dancing to music only she could hear. Her head and arms went up and down while her face was a picture of concentration. It was so cute that she was so happy. I averted my gaze to the other packages which I had already wrapped, ribboned and labelled. I could only hope that the other recipients would be as happy as Eunjung when they receive it.

“Omma!” Her voice broke my train of thoughts.

“Hm?” I turned back to her with a smile. “What is it?”

She reached back into the bowl and grabbed a strawberry before holding it up to me. “Share!”

When my baby smiles she lights up the room, everyone knows that. But what they can't see is that she lights me up inside so completely that my darkness disappears. She makes me whole and happy. “Are you sure, Eunjung? You don’t want to finish it?”

“Yes!” Her eyes forming crescents. “Ahhh~!”

I returned her smile as I moved closer to her. For a few seconds, Eunjung did not budge from her position. “Aren’t you going to give it to me?”

Ahhh~! Omma, ahhh~!” She repeated, her brows furrowing slightly.

Realization suddenly struck me. “Ahhh~” I did as instructed. She dropped the strawberry into my mouth and stared at me with doe-like eyes as I ate. “Yummy?”

“Very,” I gave her a thumbs up.

“Eunjung too!” I could see her little feet swinging back and forth from under her seat.

She grabbed the bowl and placed it in front of me. Then, I took out a small piece of strawberry and held it out to her. “ Eunjung, say ahhh.”

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,” she echoed after me.

Eunjung threw her head back and giggled like only a young child could.

“Kim Eunjung, what about me?” The voice sighed as he pulled a chair.

“Ahhh~” Eunjung laughed and happily held out a strawberry to her father.

Kai blinked repeatedly. “She meant that you need to say ahhh before she can give you the strawberry.”

“I-I knew that,” He stuttered, his cheeks flushing slightly.

I rolled my eyes at his cockiness.

“Appa,” his daughter whined.

“I think she’s asking you to hurry up,” I said after a moment of silent.

He narrowed his eyes at me. “What makes you think so?”

“Appa!”

She had lose her fascination to give her father a strawberry, now she was back to one of her favourite games, trying to see how many of her fingers she could wedge into my mouth. I took her hand and gently peeled it away. 

“See?” I gestured to what Eunjung was doing with her fingers. “She’s getting bored.”

He sighed again and shut his eyes. “A-ahh.”

“Yummy?” She asked. Kai only managed to nod his head in embarrassment.

“Don’t want,” Eunjung pushed the bowl away from her. “Omma, appa. Share!”

Kai wiped her fingers with a damp towel before lowering her to the ground. Eunjung waddled from the kitchen to look for Bom, the rabbit. “BOMMMM AHHHHH!”

“I wonder who she got that loud voice from?” Kai mused to himself.

I smacked him on the arm. “Ow, that hurts!”

"Well…" you grinned at him, "There’s one more if you’d like it. You still have to say ‘Ahh' in order to get it though.”

Kai raised an eyebrow. “Mrs Kim, are you teasing me?”

“I would definitely not tease you,” I replied. “Well, maybe a little.”

He widened his eyes at me.

“Here.” I held out the strawberry to him. “Say ahhh.”

He cleared his throat and shifted to the front half of the seat. “Ahhh.”

I reached across the table and put the strawberry into his mouth but not before he caught my finger as well.

“O-oppa,” I stammered.

He gave me a devious grin and grabbed my wrist with his free hand but not before running his tongue along the length of my index finger sensually.

“Oppa!” I tried to pry my finger from his mouth.

“Appa!” Eunjung’s shout startled the both of us and my finger was released from my husband’s mouth with a wet popping sound. “Nooo-nooo appa.”

It was my turn to flush, “Omma’s fine, Eunjung.”

Kai picked her up with a slight grunt and placed her on the carpet in front of the television. Soon after, he walked back to the kitchen and returned his gaze back to me. “So, there’s no more strawberries left for me to feed you?”

“You really wanted to give me one?” I asked him back.

“N-no…” Before he could answer, I sealed his lips with a kiss.

“Sweet.”

I gathered the bowls and spoons in the sink, prepared to wash them.

His jaw fell open and a smirk appeared on his face.

I felt a hot breath on my neck, then the tender brush of lips. Burning as they made contact with my neck. A hand ran through my hair, as the kisses become harder and more urgent. Another hand slid around my waist, and pulled me close to his pine scented body. His kisses were now on my shoulders and in my hair.

He was sure that I didn’t say ahhh at that time.

Kai would definitely make me say it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

.......................................................

Hello guys! It has been a while ^^ this is a belated Valentines' Day present for you :DD