Sleepover

Together We Make a Family

Okay, so I decided it’s about time I start to use all of their real names. This is to avoid confusion in the coming chapters XD and I felt it’s good to be consistent XP

**

The girl’s eyes lazily rolled open, glazed over with the remnants of a dream. 

Eunjung pulled up her blanket and rolled toward the darker side of the room. The blinds shut out most of the summer early morning sun, but still on the opposite wall there were rectangles of light projecting from the gaps. She watched them turn from the natural white to the artificial yellow glow of the streetlamp. She tossed from one side to the other; her mattress that had been so careful made became a tangle of covers. She was sure that it was around seven in the morning, usually she wouldn’t be up so early during the weekends.  After a tortured eternity the room began to get lighter and the birds chirped, she threw back the covers, sat up and looked around.

Nearest to her was Zhang Chanming. His father was sleeping very soundly on the other side of the room. Eunjung had no idea how he ended up beside her. Do Kyungbin on the other hand was sleeping on top of Park Chanyong’s chest. Oh Hyunwoo was cuddled against his father. It seemed as though Uncle Chanyeol was hugging Uncle Baekhyun’s leg, the toddler couldn’t be so sure. Even the twins were still in dreamland, each lying on Uncle Jongdae’s arm. Kim Minhyuk was sprawled on the mattress with Bom as his bolster. Kim Joonhyuk whom Eunjung thought to be decent looking when awake looked like a nightmare when he was sleeping. Drool was evident from his slightly opened mouth. The worst part was that he was sleeping with his in the air. The toddler made a mental note to herself not to run to him for a morning kiss later on. Huang Zhi Qiang was draped across Uncle Kyungsoo. All the uncles and her older brothers could be seen, except for one particular person. Byun Hyunsik. As Eunjung was about to look for her father, she stepped on something hard. The said boy had managed to roll away from the rest of the crew to almost behind the sofa.

It was a monthly thing; on a Saturday the EXO members would gather at a member’s place with their kids and they would have a sleepover. Truthfully, everyone enjoyed this even the youngest, Oh Hyunwoo. This time round, the sleepover was decided to be held at JongIn’s.

“Daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy,” Eunjung called out for her father.

The smell of breakfast which her father had cooked wafted into her nostrils. She waddled to the kitchen but JongIn was nowhere to be found. Eunjung rubbed her eyes tiredly and searched the kitchen another time. “Daddy.”

Her shoulders were slumped and her eyes casted down in a dejected face. was set in a semi-pout. She lay down on the cold white floor. “Daddy.” She called out again. Bored, she proceeded to rolling on the floor.

The toddler headed towards Jjanggu who was resting in the hallway. Slowly, Eunjung approached the dog on all fours. For a half second, both lay there, staring at each other. She was assessing him as though he was a competition, or prey, and he simply watched her because he found her the most beautiful girl in the world. It was her eyes that captivated him most of all though. Her eyes were round and framed by thick long lashes. They were hazel coloured, like two perfect orbs the same shade as nature after it rains. The eyes of a wolf, the girl observed. Eunjung noticed how his eyes whined, those blue hues the envy of any summer sky. She patted Jjanggu on the head before his ears then his back. At the same time, her fingers were absentmindedly playing with his soft fur.

A few minutes later, Eunjung changed her position. Currently, her knees were on the ground. Not long after, she paced back and forth outside the kitchen. No doubt, she had been waiting for him for a long time.

A smile eternally stained upon her lips once she saw the familiar figure. “Daddy!” She chirped.

“You scared me,” JongIn said. Eunjung giggled before he picked her up into his arms.

“You’re up so early,” He commented, pinching his daughter’s cheeks.

She beamed and pressed a kiss to his cheek, giving him a cheeking grin. “When did you get up? Did you sleep well?” His questions poured out of his mouth.

Eunjung wriggled in her father’s grasp, as a sign to place her back on the ground. “Eunjung, I love you.” JongIn said, his arms forming a heart ending at the top of his head.

The girl copied his actions perfectly, sending a heart in return. He was completely absorbed in his daughter’s adorable toddler garble in what he thought was an ‘I love you’. A barely audible ‘I love you’ could be heard. “Eunjung ah, give daddy a kiss.” His heart swelled up in pride.

At her father’s words she raced towards him before planting a kiss on his lips. Mummy would be so jealous. He smirked at the thought of his wife.

“Did you sleep well?” He questioned.

She nodded her head enthusiastically. Her sweet voice replied, “Yes.”

“Say ‘good morning father’.” He added, demonstrating a bow to Eunjung.

She bent her upper half slightly as an attempt at a bow, flashing him a charming smile. “Good morning!” JongIn laughed silently at her actions and patted her head.

He leaned against the wall, eyes glazing over his daughter blankly. After all the kids were asleep, the dads apparently had a catching up session or in his wife’s words ‘boy-gossip’. Their gossip session ended very early in the morning which explained his lack of enthusiasm towards Eunjung. He regretted not sleeping earlier. It was tiring to prepare breakfast for a big group of growing monsters by himself. Without realizing, his head nodded forward.

“Daddy!” Eunjung climbed into his lap and buried her face into the crook of his neck.

“Yes?” He mumbled sleepily.

JongIn’s arms wrapped around Eunjung’s small body, she leaned and rested her head on his chest. Her father’s embrace was warm and seemed very protective around her small frame. He pressed his lips lazily on her forehead. “Kiss on the forehead.” She said suddenly and looked up at him.

His soft lips stretched into a smile.  As he leaned forward, he brushed a small lock of her hair with one swift slide of his thumb. Then she felt his lips touch her forehead. A small grin crept onto her face.

“Kiss on the cheek,” She suggested. JongIn cupped her cheeks before tilting her head slightly to her side. A kiss landed on her cheek caused her smile to shine like the stars in the sky, with no bright city lights to dim them.

Eunjung scratched her eyebrows for a moment. JongIn on the other hand, was scrutinizing her curiously at what her little head was thinking. Raising her chin with eyes closed, she pointed at that area. “Kiss on the chin,” She giggled.  Her father showered kisses on her chin. Eunjung tipped back her head and roared with laughter.

JongIn looked at her in surprise and placed a finger on his plump lips. “You’ll wake up your brothers and the uncles.” Her  mouth twitched and he was sure that she was biting back a laugh.

“Neck?” Her eyes brightened. She began to push the neckline of her long-sleeved shirt lower down.

“Neck kiss?” He questioned her, afraid that he might have heard her wrongly.

Eunjung nodded her head in affirmation. “Neck kiss.” Her lips quirked upwards into a joyful smile.

This time, Daddy Kim cupped her head in his large hand and pecked the crook of her neck. However, the kiss seemed endless as he attacked her neck with kisses. Eunjung beamed to reveal straight, pearly teeth.

Unexpectedly, the girl patted her bottom. “Bottom kiss.” She asked him.

His shoulders shook in silent laughter. JongIn’s eyes crinkled to form crescents. With one arm, he managed to flip Eunjung with her eyes on the floor. His other hand pushed down the material of her pants to reveal smooth skin. “Bottom kiss.” He said as he pressed a kiss on it.

He changed Eunjung’s position and cradled her head. “Tummy kiss,” he announced before he kissed her on the tummy. JongIn remarked that her eyes were light brown pools that he found himself mesmerized by them.

The corners of Eunjung’s mouth lifted into a smile. She allowed her smile to widen into a brilliant grin that had her father beaming at her. She was laughing now, feeling absolutely delirious. He pulled her closer and enveloped her into a warm hug.

“Hyung!” A voice broke the moment.

He sighed and dropped his head on her shoulder. “Why do I get interrupted every time?”

Kim JongIn was wide awake now.

Daehan brought the fresh, warm bread to his nose, inhaling deeply. It smelled rich, promising a delightful taste. Picking up a knife, he applied copious amounts of thick, creamy yellow butter. He spooned out a dollop of sweet, tangy blackberry jelly. Daehan slathered the sweet mixture onto the spongy white bread. He ripped off a chunk, stuffing the piece into his mouth. It was soft and warm. The pleasant smoothness of the butter blended perfectly with the bitter-sweet taste of black berries. His twin brother sat at the dining room table watching the colourful wheels of cereal float around in the bowl full of milk.

Chanyong’s mouth watered the moment he spotted the strawberries. Fresh crimson berries covered with a mountain of tangy sweet whipped cream. Rich grainy brown sugar covering the sweet airy perfection.

“What’s this?” Joonhyuk pointed to the omelette in front of him.

JongIn turned towards the boy. “Eunjung’s mum calls it ‘Spanish Omelette’.” Never having been to Spain, he can’t really speak to the validity of her claim.

When he first saw the omelette, it was like she had bought one of everything from the greengrocers and thrown it in. Well, maybe not everything, but there was a lot in there; potato, tomato, mushroom, onion, carrot, spinach. There was barely enough egg to hold it all together. “This is so good. You should make breakfast every sleepover,” Jongdae commented.

“Yeah! This is really good,” Minhyuk chirped earning a laugh from JongIn. What exactly doesn’t he eat?

“Can’t you guys hurry up? We’ve been waiting here for ages!” A tiny voice hollered from the living room. Most probably the voice belonged to Park Chanyong. Like father like son.

After having breakfast and cleaning themselves up, they gathered in the Kim’s living room. All eight boys sat in a row with their dads in front of them. Eunjung and Hyunwoo had an exception as they were a bit too young to understand what they were going to discuss. This also explained the reason why Eunjung was sitting on Yixing’s lap while Hyunwoo was in Minseok’s arms.

“If you’re walking down the street,” Joonmyeon began, “and not your dad but a stranger or someone that you don’t know come over and try to take you away, Zhi Qiang…” By the time he had completed his sentence, he had a black mask covering his mouth. His hand was outstretched holding onto Zhi Qiang’s wrist trying to act as if he would take the boy away. The boy giggled at his uncle’s failed attempt at acting.

“Then do you follow them or not?” Chanyeol asked. Their dads held in their breath.

“Don’t follow them,” The eight of them chimed. Baekhyun heaved a sigh of relief when he heard his son’s answer.

“Good, don’t ever follow them okay?” Kyungsoo replied.

“If a stranger comes over and say ‘Chanyong, let’s go’ what – “

“Yes!” Chanyong cut into sentence and beamed. The big-eared boy already had his smaller hand in Tao’s bigger hand as a sign that he was willing to follow his uncle wherever Tao wanted to bring him.

“Chanyong ah, don’t follow!” His father huffed, crossing his arms.

Baekhyun chuckled from the corner.

Chanyeol turned to face Baekhyun, “What?”

He locked gazes with Chanyeol and smirked. “Chanyong is really a thick head. I mean his mum is a doctor. He should grow up to be like his mum. Not take after his dad. How can he end up like this?!”

“You,” Chanyeol said, looking at a bit of a loss of words, “He’s just a kid. Of course he wouldn’t know! ” Chanyong’s father defended him.

“You talk as if your son is so smart Byun Baekhyun…” Jongdae butted in.

“He is!” Baekhyun’s indignant shout rang out.

Sehun rolled his eyes. Here we go again.

“Hyunsik ah if a stranger comes over and says ‘Hyunsik, let’s go’, what do you do?” Minseok questioned the mini version of Baekhyun.

Hyunsik turned to look at his father. The two boys locked eyes for a moment as if they understood each other’s thoughts completely. “Follow!”

Laughter erupted in the living room. Chanyeol and Jongdae laughed the loudest. They laughed till their ribs hurt.

“Hyunsik … Daddy even used telepathy.” Baekhyun told his son. “Didn’t you receive it?”

The boy only blinked in confusion.

“We should follow them!” Daehan clapped his hands together.

Kyungsoo face-palmed himself. “This is going so much worse.” He sighed to himself.

“You have to follow them? Why should you follow them? You’ll get into big trouble,” JongIn explained.

Chanming piped in, “Follow them!”

“You shouldn’t follow them!” Sehun groaned.

“Minhyun, if a stranger asks you to come with them, do you go or not?” Yixing asked him as he hugged Eunjung to his chest.

“Don’t go!” Minhyukyelled.

Chanyong shouted with his fist in the air, “Go with them!”

Minhyuk and Chanyong said both of their answers simultaneously.

“Great!” Joonmyeon said a relieved look on his face. “Finally, an answer that all of us had been waiting for.”

Jongdae added. “Don’t go with them, okay?”

“Go with them!” Kyungbin repeated, with a cheeky grin on his face.

“Don’t go with them!” Minseok said, exasperated.

“Go together!” Chanming echoed. His laugh sounded like birdsong, awash in the same wonder a sparrow, realizing the sun had risen, singing to the golden world.

“If you do, you’ll be in big trouble,” Chanyeol began, “You’ll never see your dad again then.”

Chanming’s eyes widened slightly at his uncle’s reply. There was something solemn swimming in his eyes. Their stunning, cinnamon brown held a truth that his face could not hide. What used to be joy now showed sadness. Then a tear rolled down his cheek. “Is it okay if you never see your mum or dad again?” Sehun continued.

“You’ll never see me again. Is that okay?” Yixing asked his son. Tears were now b on the waterline of his eyes.

“I’ll see you,” He managed to squeak out in between his sobs.

“What?” His father questioned.

“I want to see you.”

“You want to see me right? If you want to see me, then don’t follow people you don’t know okay?” Yixing said gently. Then he gave a small, hopefully encouraging smile. Chanming smiled back.

“Come here big boy,” JongIn cooed as he swooped Chanming into his arms causing him to break into a fit of giggles as he rocked the boy back and forth.

“Don’t follow!” Joonhyuk said with a playful grin.

Sehun patted Chanming on his back, “I doubt they’ll be able to live without us. Don’t follow them, right?”

The boys nodded.

“If you lose your dad, you have to tell people your dad’s name. What’s your daddy’s name? We’ll start with Daehyun,” Kyungsoo pointed to the boy.

“Daehyun, what’s my name?” Jongdae asked his son.

“Camel…” he mumbled.

“What?!” Minseok exclaimed.

“That’s not his name!” Daehan argued. “It’s Chen!”

Daehyun stuck out his tongue. “Uncle Baekhyun told me it was Camel!”

Everyone in the room turned to the culprit. “I-it is just a j-joke. Why would he believe me?” Jongdae raised an eyebrow in disbelief. “Daddy’s name is Kim Jongdae not Camel or Chen.”

“Are you sure…” Chanyong trailed off.

“Okay Kyungbin what’s your dad’s name?” Joonmyeon said, switching the conversation.

“Do Kyungsoo,” He said without hesitation.

“AHA!” Kyungsoo screamed startling Hyunwoo who began to whimper in Minseok’s arms. “My son is a genius!” He pulled Kyungbin into his arms before showering him with kisses.

Joonhyuk, Zhi Qiang and Chanming got their father’s name right. Baekhyun’s attempts to trick the three boys into saying other names were futile.

“Hyunsik, what’s my name?” Baekhyun questioned.

“Byun Baek…” Hyunsik pondered for a moment. “Bacon!”

“Hey!” Chanyeol encouraged, smirking at his father. “You’re right!”

“Dad’s name is Byun Baek…” Baekhyun tried to prompt his son.

“It’s Bacon dad!” Hyunsik insisted.

Yixing snickered while Minseok snickered.

“Chanyong, then what’s your daddy’s name?” Baekhyun asked with a grin on his smug face.

Daehan whispered something into Chanyong’s ear. “I-I don’t think so.”

“It is!” Daehan stated firmly.

“Park Chanyeol?” Chanyong finally broke the silence.

Baekhyun nearly choked on his saliva. “IN YOUR FACE BAEKONNNNNNN!!!”  Chanyeol said, grabbing onto the shorter boy’s arm and patting him childishly on the head.

“Moving on,” Joonmyeon uncharacteristically raised his voice. “Let’s say I passed out like this.”

Joonmyeon lay on the floor and placed a hand on his forehead. “What should you do then?”

Kyungbin was the first one to act. He ran over to his uncle and lifted Joonmyeon’s arm. “Uncle, are you alright.”

“Good job, Kyungbin!” Kyungsoo cooed.

Chanyong began to roll on the floor for no reason. “Uncle can you hear me?” He asked.

Joonhyuk approached his father and laid his head on his chest in an attempt to see whether his heart was still beating. Hyunsik cupped his mouth and began chanting ‘Help us!’ repeatedly. On the other hand, Chanming’s hands were hovered over Joonmyeon’s head. Somehow throughout the session, Zhi Qiang fell asleep. He was currently cradled in Chanyeol’s arms.

“Chanming, what are you doing?” JongIn asked.

“Healing Uncle Joonmyeon,” He replied in a matter-of-factly tone.

“What did you teach your son hyung?” Sehun muttered softly. Unfortunately, Yixing heard every single word he said and gave him a glare which told him to keep it down.

Minhyuk started talking to Joonmyeon’s heels. “Uncle are you alright? Uncle! Uncle! Uncle!”

“Minhyuk, don’t talk to uncle’s feet,” Minseok commented.

The said boy ignored his father’s comment and tapped his uncle’s feet. “Uncle, get up! Uncle!”

Jongdae sighed softly. “Not to his feet.”

Eunjung left Yixing’s lap and tapped Joonmyeon who was sprawled on the floor on the shoulder. “Wake up!”

“Help us!” Byun Hyunsik had been saying those two words. It was if he was put on a repeat button.

“Open your eyes,” Kyungbin attempted. He used his finger to pry open Joonmyeon’s eyes.

“Yah, yah!” Sehun shouted, alarmed and carried the boy away from Joonmyeon. “You’re hurting Uncle Joonmyeon”

“Uncle, are you alright?” Chanming, looked up at his uncle worriedly.

“Uncle, uncle, wake up!” Minseok shook his uncle’s feet. After finding his actions futile, he sighed in frustration and went over to Kyungsoo.

The soft smell of the sweet treats teased their noses. The scent lingering, inviting. “I’m hungry,” Daehan complained and rubbed his stomach.

“Let’s take a break shall we?” EXO’s leader suggested.

The children rushed towards the coffee table to take a cookie. Unlike their dads who were sleeping and lying on the floor. “I didn’t know that teaching them would be so hard.” Jongdae sat with shoulders slumped.

“I’m tired!” Baekhyun whined.

“We should ask our wives to teach them instead,” Chanyeol suggested, his giant form already plopped on the couch.

Baekhyun, Jongdae and the rest  nodded at Chanyeol’s suggestion.

I thought the 92-line wouldn’t agree on anything. JongIn smirked to himself.

Family isn’t always blood. It’s the people in your life who want you in theirs; the ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile and who love you no matter what.

Despite all their bickering, they were his brothers to him. They had gone through a lot together. He wasn't going to give them up so easily.

He was determined to keep them together. 

Because that's what good friends do.

 

 

.................................................................................................................

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I updated :DD I hope you enjoyed it 

EXO's Call Me Baby is heaven. Did you see Kai's clothes? I can't really see his abs though :/ Do rewatch the MV many many times so that it can hit 5 million views today!