Kick

Together We Make a Family

The beautiful, glowing sun rose slowly over me, bringing a gleaming light to the beautiful sand and sea. Its glittering, golden rays of heat warmed me from the cool coast breeze which hit my face. Its rainbow colours, shades of red, orange and yellow shine brightly into the gentle gust of fresh air which blew around me. Looking directly up at it, I closed my eyes tightly as the intense bright whiteness of the sun blinded me. I could hear only a few gentle sounds, the ˜whoosh' coming from the turning waves, the light wind blowing slowly, and a few loud ˜cheeps' coming from white seagulls which occasionally flew by slowly over the sea, sometimes landing, and floating smoothly on the sea for a while but soon disappearing back into the sky.

I felt arms wrapping around my slightly ballooned belly and inhaled that familiar scent. Resting my hand on top of my stomach and rubbing it gently, I leaned against my husband.

“If only we could do this more often,” Kai’s lips grazed my ear. He sounded apologetic.

“It’s not your fault…” I tangled my fingers with his, in an attempt to reassure him. Kai nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck and pressed a kiss on the soft skin of my neck.

“The baby kicked earlier,” I said, changing the topic.

“Really?” Kai’s eyes instantly brightened while he placed his other hand on my stomach waiting for a kick.

“She was earlier…” I looked down a little, sad that I couldn’t show him.

“Y…you mean we’re getting a girl?” Kai probed, turning my body to him. I watched as his eyes rest on my stomach and nodded excitedly.

He pressed his lips to mine and he let go of my hands to wrap his arms around my waist and brought me close. He deepened the kiss and I wrapped my arms around his neck to let my lips linger.

“I can’t wait to see her,” Kai whispered.

Finally, a kick hit Kai’s stomach as his eyes lit up happily, freezing in astonishment, his lips stretched into a soft smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELLO guys! It's been a while since I've updated. I had a wonderful break :D . I'm so sorry to say that it's going to take some time for me to get back to writing - reason for the short chapter (Actually I attempted to do a 350 word challenge but unfortunately the total word count was 351 words =.=|||). My brain feels so rusty already :P Anyway here is my Christmas eve present to you guys! I hope you like it <3

 

See you in the next update ~...and MERRY CHRISTMAS to those who are celebrating it and thank you so much for supporting me :DD